No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this short article on Mr. Frankamp the other day and it doesn't look like anyone has shared it. I think there is some truth to it.

It will be interesting to see if Conner gets more minutes this season (he has to earn them of course) will indeed help his shooting. I believe there is a lot to that theory and am hopeful his minutes pick up (they should) and the result is increased shooting percentage. Shamet will have a lot to do with that as will Markis.

Is it November yet?

Comment

• 'plethora of off court issues'???? I sure think that is an unfair exageration unless someone knows something they aren't sharing. I think a lot of us (myself included) only passed through college unscathed by a DUI with a lot of luck.

Comment

• Article was written citing the phog. Take the negatives with a grain of salt.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Just leave out the words "off the court" and the plethora statement has a ring of truth to it.

take this scenario:

1. Move ahead of Ricky Ross, Antoine Carr, Aubrey Sherrod, Perry Ellis, Darnell Valentine, and others in City League history.
          2. Be rated #43 (nationally) in your class.
          3. Get a scholarship to the school you've wanted to attend your entire life.
          4. Get recruited over and have people in classes behind you listed as the #1 and #2 options at your position.

At that point, there have to be some issues with confidence and decision-making,

5. As a lifelong KU fan, leave KU and enroll at WSU.

Lifelong KU fans don't always have an appropriate level of respect for the talent at WSU.

6. Discover that a Jr. walkon is getting more minutes at PG during your So year than you are getting, and you've actually moved down from 3rd option at KU to 4th PG option at WSU, but you're getting decent minutes at SG, your HS position.
          7. Change to PG for your Jr. year.

Those are issues that would mess with anybody's head. It's really tough going from superstar to role player overnight, and that happened to Conner.

I'm not saying he will remain a role player, but that's what he's been, which was probably not what he was expecting.

All the work Frankamp has done to improve his D has shown, but that may have taken something away from his offensive game.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I believe Conner will demonstrate much more confidence this year and will definitely be a huge part of our success. He is the purest shooter on the team. If people will stop gasping every time he touches the ball expecting him to make a 3 pointer every time he touches the ball, it might do him wonders.

I think he will climb out of the shadows of Ron and Fred and be a very solid option on the offensive end. Will he play the point? Probably until Reaves is ready. He and Landry will be a solid backcourt and will get even stronger when Reaves is game ready.

Conner looked good in Canada. I think some people just need to lower their expectations of the young man and let him play. I think we will all like the results.

Comment

• I don't think we need Connor to be a superstar. I think he will be solid overall and have some games where he is outstanding. I think that for him or any Shocker for that matter to be a guy that fills up a stat sheet over the course of a season in a system like ours is a tad unfair. How many guys have averaged 17 or 18 points a game for a season in GMs tenure? Not many.

I think anywhere from 12-16 pts/gm would be fantastic. And he will have a handful of games where he probably scores 20 or even 30, I would say.

What we really need him to be is the guy that threatens from outside all the time, which keeps teams from sagging on the bigs.

And when we need a big basket or a dagger, supply it more times than not.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• 12-16 would be huge. I'd expect 8-12 ppg.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Bump
                    Any particular reason?
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Any particular reason?
                      This topic has provided me some enjoyable reading during our off week.

Comment

• I hope everyone has already eaten their full dish of crow, that laughed at the idea of CF coming to WSU or thought he would be a flop!!
                        Last edited by Shock Top; March 11, 2017, 06:44 PM.
                        The Assman

Comment

• It'd still be nice to see him put 30 on the Jayhawks. Woofing at Self after every three.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUkoolaid View Post
                            Seriously?? That's it?
                            Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Only time it really mattered, 66-65.
                            Fun with trolls. I stand corrected.

Now I hope Connor comes to WSU and the streak goes to about 8 straight. Just might have to make that happen.
                            Somebody made it happen.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Honestly I just want to have our "We told ya so, Conner" moment that will last for like 1 day, and then watch Marshall make him great and have a whole lot of fun cheering for this team for the next 4 years.
                            Excellent prognostication.

Connor will never be loved like ShockerNation would love him. That being said, he should go where he's happy and I wish him the best wherever he chooses.

Go Shocks
                            Feel the love MVP.

2013 Final Ranking
                            WSU was better than KU

2014 Final Ranking WSU was better than KU

WSU will be better than KU again this year

#WINNING
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good times. Lots of good stuff in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              I don't think we need Connor to be a superstar. I think he will be solid overall and have some games where he is outstanding.

What we really need him to be is the guy that threatens from outside all the time, which keeps teams from sagging on the bigs.
                              Check and double check.

Comment

• I wonder what team JJ is rooting for these days.

Hell, I wonder what happened to the guy. Seemed his disappearance has coincided with CF's surge.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X