Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I was disappointed not with CF, but with him hitting 3 in a row and feeling it, then never getting another look. I know he struggled against the bigger guy that was backing him down, but he was our best shot at that point in the game, and we went away from him. I'm not sure why, but it was definitely discouraging.
    At the end of the SH game when offense and a quick score were basically THE needs, CF was not in the game for whatever reason. Made me scratch my head a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      At the end of the SH game when offense and a quick score were basically THE needs, CF was not in the game for whatever reason. Made me scratch my head a little.
      This.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I thought the key call of the game was Connor boxing out, with the big goon hanging over him. Looked like a foul on them. Instead they called it on Conner.
        What happens many times is the smaller player is so focused on boxing out that the bigger player can high point the ball, the smaller player then continues to box out and undercuts the other player while he is jumping. I've done it many times, many times on purpose as well, to try to knock the player off balance and get the rebound.

I only saw the play that one time, but that is what I thought happened. Could be wrong, I don't think the showed a different angle.

What was far worse was when Anton got called for his hook, he took two shoves right to the back before the hook (which was marginal contact at best).
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• In the 2nd half, one of our guards was bringing the ball down court, got bumped, not just once hard, not just twice harder, but thrice, but yet no call. WOW!!! Now after us getting rung up for 5 fouls so swiftly to start the 2nd half, I was croaking like a bull-frog in a hail storm or a miffed fsf watching the UConn game we had many moons ago.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            In the 2nd half, one of our guards was bringing the ball down court, got bumped, not just once hard, not just twice harder, but thrice, but yet no call. WOW!!! Now after us getting rung up for 5 fouls so swiftly to start the 2nd half, I was croaking like a bull-frog in a hail storm or a miffed fsf watching the UConn game we had many moons ago.
            It was ridiculous. More blatantly one sided than any game I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              What was far worse was when Anton got called for his hook, he took two shoves right to the back before the hook (which was marginal contact at best).
              Excellent. I wish I could remember when it happened but on the other end (2nd half) Delgado made a drop step move very similar to Anton's and completely extended his elbow to "hook" the defender to score.

It was clear and blatant. No call. Lack of consistency.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                I thought the key call of the game was Connor boxing out, with the big goon hanging over him. Looked like a foul on them. Instead they called it on Conner.
                Connor had actually turned around and was "boxing him out" with his back to the basket. His hands were sort of grabbing at the Seton Hall player. Still don't think it was a foul, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Up 7 with 4 and change. You have to close. That's hardly on Conner. He put the team on his back from down one to up 7. Gotta close.
                  Very true, Doc. But Conner has to be willing to shoot when it's there. He's still getting the feel for that, and when he starts firing more -- and hitting -- that's one more thing that will help the Shocks close the way they're accustomed to doing.

Comment

• I think a couple of the late game passes Conner made were him trying not to be a ball hog, trying too hard to make sure he didn't fire up "bad" shots. We've seen guys get yanked for that and not see the court again for the rest of the game. In those moments, CF needs TT2 in the back of his head telling him every shot he can get up is a good shot.

Comment

• Four of the five losses we've had we have failed to put teams away. Even without a healthy FVV we should've won two games in Florida.

Our big men have not figured out how to play away from home. Big problem even in the Valley. Also, the 30 second shot clock is throwing us off a bit I think. More possessions gives the other team more chances which they seem to turn into free throw with the clock stopped. Finally we are not adjusting to the refs quickly enough or complaining loudly enough, one of the two. I was really hoping Coach would've came unhinged Saturday if nothing else for the safety of his players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        I think a couple of the late game passes Conner made were him trying not to be a ball hog, trying too hard to make sure he didn't fire up "bad" shots. We've seen guys get yanked for that and not see the court again for the rest of the game. In those moments, CF needs TT2 in the back of his head telling him every shot he can get up is a good shot.
                        I don't think Conner is going to get in trouble for being aggressive about shot selection -- not with his shooting ability and Marshall's regard for it. Good point about Taylor, though -- if there's one guy who never lacks aggressiveness in shot selection, it's TT, and Conner could use a little infusion of that spirit to mix with his own shooting ability and maturity. I have a hunch it will come.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          I don't think Conner is going to get in trouble for being aggressive about shot selection -- not with his shooting ability and Marshall's regard for it. Good point about Taylor, though -- if there's one guy who never lacks aggressiveness in shot selection, it's TT, and Conner could use a little infusion of that spirit to mix with his own shooting ability and maturity. I have a hunch it will come.
                          I completely agree that he won't get in trouble for it. However, he's still very young as a Shocker, and I'm sure he sees what has happened to other guys that don't make the extra pass. Most of the shots he could make would be considered bad shots for a lot of other guys.

Comment

• Conner is learning his role and getting a feel for how much latitude he has. By the time Valley play begins, he'll have it.

Just please, no more 30-footers with plenty of time left on the shot clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Conner is learning his role and getting a feel for how much latitude he has. By the time Valley play begins, he'll have it.

If he's feeling it... I'm actually ok with that, it's a shot in his arsenal

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Conner is learning his role and getting a feel for how much latitude he has. By the time Valley play begins, he'll have it.

It is fine if he shoots it thirty feet and non 29.5 feet
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X