No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't follow Conner much in high school because he signed with the Chickens. Here lately though I've been skimming some youtube vids. of his and notice all of those same things he's doing now he did at North High. He works the trifecta line with all the dexterity of Hillary Clinton working a crowd of Beverly Hills drunks for $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Didn't follow Conner much in high school because he signed with the Chickens. Here lately though I've been skimming some youtube vids. of his and notice all of those same things he's doing now he did at North High. He works the trifecta line with all the dexterity of Hillary Clinton working a crowd of Beverly Hills drunks for $$$.
      While he was in high school, I knew he was a heck of a shooter, but his athleticism didn't scream "stud" to me. After he transferred to WSU i went back to look at his stats and I was absolutely floored by how dominant he was for four years!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• In all fairness he has progressed miles on the defensive end. In high school his high school coach told a friend of mine that CF was one tough mother. Didn't see it then but he has that play angry look now.

Comment

Didn't follow Conner much in high school because he signed with the Chickens. Here lately though I've been skimming some youtube vids. of his and notice all of those same things he's doing now he did at North High. He works the trifecta line with all the dexterity of Hillary Clinton working a crowd of Beverly Hills drunks for $$$.
          Yeah this is Conner. I don't know who the kid was that we saw his first year as a Shocker but everything he's doing right now is vintage. The crossovers and jukes to get the tiny sliver of space he needs to get his shot off, abusing people in the pick and roll, the mid range pull up, even the drives to the hoop that we're seeing more and more. I'm excited to see what he can do in this tournament and through next year. He makes the team more dangerous along with Landry, Markis, Shaq, Willis, etc.

Comment

• Agree with Pogo, his defensive is now solid. I notice at times teams will try to go after him early in games but they quickly abandon the strategy.

Who is our "go to guy" when we need a bucket? I don't know if we have only one such player but I feel really confident in Conner to not only be able to get a shot off at any time but to also make that shot. Then again you can say the same thing about Landry.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Agree with Pogo, his defensive is now solid. I notice at times teams will try to go after him early in games but they quickly abandon the strategy.

Who is our "go to guy" when we need a bucket? I don't know if we have only one such player but I feel really confident in Conner to not only be able to get a shot off at any time but to also make that shot. Then again you can say the same thing about Landry.
              So does GGG. He calls numerous iso plays for Conner during games now. At least he has the last 10 games.

Comment

So does GGG. He calls numerous iso plays for Conner during games now. At least he has the last 10 games.
                I like coach's timing with those plays too. Seems to call Conner ISO when the game is teetering on a full fledged blow out (10-12 put lead), CF throws in a couple daggers and it's time to start the bus.

Comment

• Conner Frankamp happy to be back home at WSU

Comment

• This young man is a class act
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Folks, this is EXACTLY how you would expect the Prince of Deceit, the Antishock, to conduct himself. Stay vigilant Shocker faithful.

The end is niiiiggghhhh!!!!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "Getting a stop on defense." HELL TO THE YEAH!! This kid might fit in after all!!! :bball_spin:

Comment

Have you ever watched his highlights from the U17 FIBA Gold Medal winning team? He led the team in scoring, and look at the guys who he was beating out to lead the team in scoring.

Edit: Also, I like the part starting at 1:50 where he drains a bucket the aussie and him start jawing then he shows the guy up a possession later. I think we are seeing more and more of that killer instinct from him now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c403PoJhO3s

Last edited by jg_shocker; March 16, 2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Conner is finally doing in college athletes what he did to against high school competition. Sometimes it take a bit longer for that switch to come on. I expect Conner to come back and have a huge senior year. We've got 4 possible 1st teamers next year, it's gonna be scary.

Comment

• I was actually pretty confident going into the Valley championship, because of Conner. I can't even begin to describe the radical change that was to my estimation of his value to the team just 2 months ago.

Comment

• I'm not an "I told you so" kind of person. I have friends I have been telling all year that I really think Connor is going to break out. Last week I told one that I fully expect him to have an All American like season next year. But he is right there of playing at that kind of level now. His confidence is growing every time out.

Comment

Working...
                                X