• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
    Frankamp could not make this squad!
    I have to agree

Comment

• The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        I can tell you are. You're about 3 days late to the party.
        LOL. That's it. It's not because I don't live on ShockerNet. Again, I think you're attributing the wrong variable!

Just giving you a hard time! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
          Frankamp could not make this squad!
          That is an idiotic statement my friend

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            That is an idiotic statement my friend
            If you think that statement is dumb, you are even dumber.

Frankamp is visiting Omaha next week with his parents? Is he joined to the hip with his mommy and daddy?

No wonder he was in Wichita every weekend last season, he missed his mom and dad.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Someone with a shotgun take this thread out back where the children won't see. Shoot it, bury it and forget it.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Can't decide which fallout would be greater:

Frankamp coming here OR going to CU/CO.
                The Assman

Comment

• Agree close it now and archive. Create a new one that is actually relevant and informative.

JJ quit stirring the pot

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Someone with a shotgun take this thread out back where the children won't see. Shoot it, bury it and forget it.
                    Please spare the PDB and TPB.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                      Frankamp is visiting Omaha next week with his parents? Is he joined to the hip with his mommy and daddy?
                      Nothing wrong with that. Recruits do it all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        Nothing wrong with that. Recruits do it all the time.
                        Agreed but Frankamp is NOT really a recruit. He's a transfer. Wichita St. isn't really "recruiting" him at this point no???
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          Agreed but Frankamp is NOT really a recruit. He's a transfer. Wichita St. isn't really "recruiting" him at this point no???
                          He and his family were guests of the program for the exhibition. He met with the coaching staff and went into the locker room.

I would have to say all that adds up to a "Yes".
                          The Assman

Comment

• KU plays inside-out. WSU plays inside-out. That's not the game Frankamp learned or the game that got him his stats and rankings as a HS player. At KU, once a guard passed the ball to Embiid, Ellis, or Wiggins, I doubt the coaching staff wanted those guys to dish it back out.

While the game is still played with a round ball, two baskets, and a 94' court, Frankamp was asked to play a different game at D1 than he had ever played in his life. He had always been the #1 option and given a green light to call his own number.

Frankamp will thrive in an offense that passes the ball around the perimeter until a perimeter player puts up a 3. We commonly refer to that game as "suburban horse". We really complain when our players pass the ball around the perimeter until someone (in our terms) "jacks up a 3".

The game that both KU and WSU play emphasizes the weaknesses in Frankamp's game, and minimizes the strengths in his game.

Would any of us want to take a job where the weaknesses in our professions were the primary requirements of the job, and our professional strengths were discouraged?

VanVleet would pick Frankamp's pocket. Holland would stuff his shot. Baker would post him up and abuse him. Henderson could drive the lane on him. Cotton might make him give up the game and maybe take up the cello.

I don't think his 29% shooting from 3 at KU was a fluke. D1 is a lot different than HS, and not all skills transfer from HS to D1 equally. Height, athleticism, quickness, and other physical attributes transfer well. Frankamp is a 6'0" non-rebounding version of Doug McDermott, and Frankamp is only effective from the perimeter. Taller and quicker perimeter defenders in D1 than in HS can neutralize those skills.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              He and his family were guests of the program for the exhibition. He met with the coaching staff and went into the locker room.

I would have to say all that adds up to a "Yes".
                              Did you notice that immediately after that visit to the locker room, Frankamp arranged visits to both of the CU's?
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                The real answer is we don't really know what level of interest there is by either party or what kind of deal 3G is willing and in a position to make to Conner nor do we really know what kind of deal it will take to entice Conner become a Shocker. We will find out soon enough I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X