Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The real answer is we don't really know what level of interest there is by either party or what kind of deal 3G is willing and in a position to make to Conner nor do we really know what kind of deal it take to entice Conner become a Shocker. We will find out soon enough I suppose.
    Soon enough.....indeed. :)
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I really think the strength Wsu has shown right out of the gate from basically all of our players may have altered the situation if there ever was one. Frankamp would have been a good answer if we had about 3 guys that sucked. I think he may have been very serious about coming here but watching our start to the year might change his mind.

On the other hand, what if Coach got exactly what he wanted out of bringing Frankamp in for a visit? What if his presence actually did provide a push for the very people we thought might struggle to stick around?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Did you notice that immediately after that visit to the locker room, Frankamp arranged visits to both of the CU's?
        For all you know, those could have already been arranged.

I could easily say: "did you notice which school he visited first?"
        The Assman

Comment

• I actually heard Heiar on the radio the other day and he said that Guards win Championships. Now we know that the coaching staff believes in BIG's clogging up the lane on defense, rebounding, and scoring, probably in that order. Marshall also does want the ball to go inside when in the half court offense, but if you watch his teams today, they spread the court more than ever, he likes bigs who shoot outside, guards drive to the basket, his teams do a lot of pick and roll, and pick and pop (again, this works best with the defense spread out). I think that our coaching staff and Marshall believes unequivocally that Conner fits what they/his Shocker teams do, or they/he wouldn't be recruiting him.

Comment

• 20 years ago, CF would have been salivated upon during his visit.
            10 years ago, CF would have had the "bigger role" he seeks.
            5 years ago, CF would have been a nice fill-in for Clevin or Toure.
            This year. CF or Corey Henderson, Jr.?
            Next year. CF or Corey Henderson with a year of experience? I hear Omaha has a nice zoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
              20 years ago, CF would have been salivated upon during his visit.
              10 years ago, CF would have had the "bigger role" he seeks.
              5 years ago, CF would have been a nice fill-in for Clevin or Toure.
              This year. CF or Corey Henderson, Jr.?
              Next year. CF or Corey Henderson with a year of experience? I hear Omaha has a nice zoo.
              I think that a large number of people are salivating. I just don't think any of us know for sure what his role would be. This leaves questions and speculation that cannot be answered by us.

Comment

• Our frosh guards looked like frosh on Friday. They aren't world beaters (yet) like some are suggesting.

CF has his struggles at KU, but to suggest he is not a player WSU would want, (if he wants to come) is ludicrous.

CF was their best guard at the end of the season, and could do more then just compete for playing time at WSU.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  CF was their best guard at the end of the season, and could do more then just compete for playing time at WSU.
                  Sure. But that was at ku. They....ummmm.......do NOT have that good of guard play to begin with. Wichita St. DOES!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    Sure. But that was at ku. They....ummmm.......do NOT have that good of guard play to begin with. Wichita St. DOES!!!!
                    Agreed.

Ron, Fred and Tekele would start for almost every school in the country.

I am not suggesting he is better then them, I am only saying he would have just as good a shot at minutes as RH or CHJ.
                    The Assman

Comment

• There will be no Fred and Ron during most of Conner's floor time at Wichita State. To say we can't use him is nuts.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Just to clarify, this is a COMPLEMENT to CHJ and RH, when I say Frankamp can compete with them.

Competing for time with any Top 40 recruit, who played for Team USA, would be a complement.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          There will be no Fred and Ron during most of Conner's floor time at Wichita State. To say we can't use him is nuts.
                          Ditto

Comment

• The number of posters that are in denial about CF's ability is hilarious. Last time I checked there isn't a single top 40 guy on the roster or signed. In fact, there isn't one since the early 80's.

The kid showed he could be a facilitator and piece throughout his career when he played anywhere other than north. Such as the national team where he was the leading scorer whike playing with a bunch of future NBA players (taking less than ten shots a game).

He is an extreme competitor which HCGM generally loves and a point guard that can shoot (something that he also looks for).

I think we have a great future with or without CF, but I also know he would be big time player in the program if he chooses to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              That's a bit of an over statement. The only reason he was relevant in the Stanford game was the need to catch up from being behind. Luckily, CF was hot that day. He did score 10 points vs. E. Kentucky the game before, but let's face it...they were playing E. Kentucky. He didn't even see the court the last 2 games of the B12 tourney, and the game prior to that he saw little court time and scored 2 points. He was not even almost their best guard down the stretch last season.

As far as him competing for playing time here...absolutely he would, and maybe more. I just think we have enough small guards. FVV doesn't come around every year. Guards today in college basketball are bigger and more physical. That's not exactly CF's makeup. But if he is destined to be a Shocker, I will be a CF supporter.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                You are correct. Bill does not value good guard play. He values risk taking athletes that are liabilities in the half court offense. Had Fred gone to KU there is a sizable chance that nobody hear would have heard of him. HCGM empahsizes guard play much more than Self. You need to have a much hugher basketball IQ to play in the WSU system.

Comment

Working...
                                X