Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Just to clarify, this is a COMPLEMENT to CHJ and RH, when I say Frankamp can compete with them.

Competing for time with any Top 40 recruit, who played for Team USA, would be a complement.
    Give it up, Shurtz -- are you CF's brother or lover?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I'm in the CF can play group. I don't want him to take the spot of a current player, so I'm not high on him, but the kid can absolutely play and to deny his ability is to be blinded by fandom.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Excellent profile pic by the way, and definitely one of the few unquestionable truths in the world today.

Now, as to the criticism of @SHURTZtheHERTZ:, I can see where he is coming from....the continuing ridiculous assessments that because Conner is 6'0" he can't help this program is annoying and needs to be corrected.

Has anyone checked the recruiting board? Wanna bet Coach Marshall continues to recruit guards that are 6'0 and shorter? I'm sure I could list 3-7 that we've contacted/offered in '16 or '17. I think it's safe to say that none are in the top 50 overall.

Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some will think he won't fit in or don't like that he went to KU. I get that. I also get if you don't want to see one of "our guys" pushed out because Conner comes here. All understandable and all valid opinions.

But to claim he's incapable, talent-wise, to be a successful part of a top 20 program just doesn't fly in reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          There will be no Fred and Ron during most of Conner's floor time at Wichita State. To say we can't use him is nuts.
          No Tekele at all, and we don't know if Ron would be there at all.

Most of these discussions about CF are relying on one year of FVV and basing expectations on one exhibition game of Henderson/Holland.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Excellent profile pic by the way, and definitely one of the few unquestionable truths in the world today.

Now, as to the criticism of @SHURTZtheHERTZ, I can see where he is coming from....the continuing ridiculous assessments that because Conner is 6'0" he can't help this program is annoying and needs to be corrected.

Has anyone checked the recruiting board? Wanna bet Coach Marshall continues to recruit guards that are 6'0 and shorter? I'm sure I could list 3-7 that we've contacted/offered in '16 or '17. I think it's safe to say that none are in the top 50 overall.

Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some will think he won't fit in or don't like that he went to KU. I get that. I also get if you don't want to see one of "our guys" pushed out because Conner comes here. All understandable and all valid opinions.

But to claim he's incapable, talent-wise, to be a successful part of a top 20 program just doesn't fly in reality.
            There is definitely upside, but he has yet to show it. We said the same things about our new kids three weeks ago. I look at CF as another Paul Guffrovich. His HS stats were phenomenal and he was very good, a great Shocker, but not a great performer at WSU. But I felt he never quite lived up to the expectations .
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Once people stop trashing on the kid, I'll give it up.
              Last edited by Shock Top; November 16, 2014, 10:36 AM.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                20 years ago, CF would have been salivated upon during his visit.
                10 years ago, CF would have had the "bigger role" he seeks.
                5 years ago, CF would have been a nice fill-in for Clevin or Toure.
                This year. CF or Corey Henderson, Jr.?
                Next year. CF or Corey Henderson with a year of experience? I hear Omaha has a nice zoo.
                lutz was on the shane dennis show last week and he guaranteed that frankamp was better than both henderson and holland. :)

Comment

• Marshall could use him, but if he was not local, Marshall would not be contacting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    lutz was on the shane dennis show last week and he guaranteed that frankamp was better than both henderson and holland. :)
                    Lutz thinks he's better than Oscar Robertson.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      and he was in beaker heaven when frankamp signed with ku

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Oscar Robertson may have been the most consistent shooter I have ever witnessed.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          And that white kid who played for Ohio State was the best defender in the country until he met Tekele. What was his name? I forget (already).
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Aaron Craft

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              Once people stop trashing on the kid, I'll give it up.
                              Who's trashing him? Just because he hasn't been annointed by every single poster, is that trashing?

Comment

• Uncle John's

Who needs this when you have the Frankamp thread
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X