Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    lutz was on the shane dennis show last week and he guaranteed that frankamp was better than both henderson and holland. :)
    He may be right. The H & H boys have played one D-1 game between them. And I love them both dearly.

I'm not going to get sucked into how good CF is, but I have seen him play against high, high level guards and acquit himself nicely. Lots of good players hanging around Wichita in the summer aren't there?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      And that white kid who played for Ohio State was the best defender in the country until he met Tekele. What was his name? I forget (already).
      aaron craft, i believe.

speaking of lutz, i've noticed some ku diehards getting a bit uncomfortable when shocker fans rightly proclaim that wsu doesn't NEED frankamp, leading to that ku guy calling shocker fans arrogant earlier in this thread and lutz making idiotic statements like that (he has yet to see henderson and holland for a full freshman season) on local radio etc .

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Aaron Craft
        I believe @jocoshock: was being rhetorical.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          He may be right. The H & H boys have played one D-1 game between them. And I love them both dearly.

I'm not going to get sucked into how good CF is, but I have seen him play against high, high level guards and acquit himself nicely. Lots of good players hanging around Wichita in the summer aren't there?
          and he may be wrong. i'm pretty sure, either way, that wichita state does NOT need conner frankamp to do what they want to do. can we all agree on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            KU plays inside-out. WSU plays inside-out. That's not the game Frankamp learned or the game that got him his stats and rankings as a HS player. At KU, once a guard passed the ball to Embiid, Ellis, or Wiggins, I doubt the coaching staff wanted those guys to dish it back out.

While the game is still played with a round ball, two baskets, and a 94' court, Frankamp was asked to play a different game at D1 than he had ever played in his life. He had always been the #1 option and given a green light to call his own number.

Frankamp will thrive in an offense that passes the ball around the perimeter until a perimeter player puts up a 3. We commonly refer to that game as "suburban horse". We really complain when our players pass the ball around the perimeter until someone (in our terms) "jacks up a 3".

The game that both KU and WSU play emphasizes the weaknesses in Frankamp's game, and minimizes the strengths in his game.

Would any of us want to take a job where the weaknesses in our professions were the primary requirements of the job, and our professional strengths were discouraged?

VanVleet would pick Frankamp's pocket. Holland would stuff his shot. Baker would post him up and abuse him. Henderson could drive the lane on him. Cotton might make him give up the game and maybe take up the cello.

I don't think his 29% shooting from 3 at KU was a fluke. D1 is a lot different than HS, and not all skills transfer from HS to D1 equally. Height, athleticism, quickness, and other physical attributes transfer well. Frankamp is a 6'0" non-rebounding version of Doug McDermott, and Frankamp is only effective from the perimeter. Taller and quicker perimeter defenders in D1 than in HS can neutralize those skills.
            I imagine NBA aspirations are lurking in the family thoughts. "No big point average, no NBA."

Of course, even if he averaged 25 ppg, he would not get drafted.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              lutz was on the shane dennis show last week and he guaranteed that frankamp was better than both henderson and holland. :)
              That should be about the last nail in the coffin. The absolute kiss of death.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• We really don't know how hard WSU is going after CF. To my knowledge he hasn't been offered. We are already 2 over the limit for next year and we have offered Mulder and the talk is he has given a verbal, which would make 3 over. I say whatever on the walk on talk. There has to come a point where there are just to many bodies to work with.

With that said, I see a role for him as a sniper sharpshooter and a guy who can play both guard positions. He takes care of the ball, with very few turnovers. Here is the big question...can he play the kind of in-your-face defense that Gregg likes from his guards... Is he athletic and physical enough to do that? To be 2 or 3 a scholly's over, a player looking to come in at is point better be a stud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  That should be about the last nail in the coffin. The absolute kiss of death.
                  'should be. a bit of a death wish, he probably wants out of covering wichita state in any capacity. he even quit sportstalk because 35-0 (eventually) was causing him no small angst. ku homers gonna' homer

Comment

• 41 pages, really?
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Who's trashing him? Just because he hasn't been annointed by every single poster, is that trashing?
                      People are dismissive of him. I will try to find a couple of posts to quote.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                        Frankamp could not make this squad!
                        Dismissive.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Friends, Newman, or Creighton would be a fantastic fit for a tiny white dude who's lone skill is draining the 3.

EDIT: How in the world did I forget to add UNI to that list?
                          Trashing
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Lutz thinks he's better than Oscar Robertson.
                            Golly Gee Wilikers, and one would think that GM would be camping on his door step to get a chance at a player who Lutz thinks is better than the 5th All Time ranked BB player in the entire world.

Comment

• Too much hyperbole in this thread.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Too much hyperbole in this thread.
                                The hyperbole on this thread is worse than ebola.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X