No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some threads don't help the team or Coach and this is one.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SHOXMVC;513690]That's a bit of an over statement. The only reason he was relevant in the Stanford game was the need to catch up from being behind. Luckily, CF was hot that day. He did score 10 points vs. E. Kentucky the game before, but let's face it...they were playing E. Kentucky. He didn't even see the court the last 2 games of the B12 tourney, and the game prior to that he saw little court time and scored 2 points. He was not even almost their best guard down the stretch last season.[o/QUOTE]

If you don't think that C.F. was better than KU' s starter Nadir Tharpe, you would be dumber than Self.

Comment

• [QUOTE=shockmonster;513761]
        Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        That's a bit of an over statement. The only reason he was relevant in the Stanford game was the need to catch up from being behind. Luckily, CF was hot that day. He did score 10 points vs. E. Kentucky the game before, but let's face it...they were playing E. Kentucky. He didn't even see the court the last 2 games of the B12 tourney, and the game prior to that he saw little court time and scored 2 points. He was not even almost their best guard down the stretch last season.[o/QUOTE]

If you don't think that C.F. was better than KU' s starter Nadir Tharpe, you would be dumber than Self.
        The quote from S the H was that CF was the "best" guard (guard as defined as PG/SG...maybe even SF in some systems) for KU at season's end (I guess based on one game where his greatest perceived strength, 3-point shooting, finally came through). If you think CF was their "best" guard at the end of the year...you're just flat DUMB...period. Now here is your hat, go sit in the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Trashing
          I'm sorry, did you take a wrong turn on your interweb journey between the coloring book forum, and the cookie baking forum?

Here's a picture of a teletubby to make you feel better:

Sometimes I think shockernet.net should actually be renamed humorlesspuritannet.net.

Comment

• Shockmonster...I don't really think you're dumb, I just got caught up in the moment since you alluded to my intellect. I don't take it greatly personnel...but maybe you are just misguided about that statement. Have a good day.

Comment

• I'm offended.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                I'm offended.
                Try being dumber than Bill Self. I'm being compared to an elite coach with a national title...I didn't ask for that honor, but the great shockmonster anointed me with it, so I will wear it gladly. Ya gotta love ya some shockmonster.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SHOXMVC;513764]
                  Originally posted by shockmonster View Post

The quote from S the H was that CF was the "best" guard (guard as defined as PG/SG...maybe even SF in some systems) for KU at season's end (I guess based on one game where his greatest perceived strength, 3-point shooting, finally came through). If you think CF was their "best" guard at the end of the year...you're just flat DUMB...period. Now here is your hat, go sit in the corner.
                  No problem. I should have used better terms. I had to look at roster to know who their guards were. Perhaps you have a Point, Selden, mason, White, Tharpe, Manning, Self are the guards listed. Selden definitely has more talent but he wasn't as good as his press clippings. None of the other guards were very good imo. I think that Self screwed Conner.

Comment

• [QUOTE=shockmonster;513770]
                    Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post

No problem. I should have used better terms. I had to look at roster to know who their guards were. Perhaps you have a Point, Selden, mason, White, Tharpe, Manning, Self are the guards listed. Selden definitely has more talent but he wasn't as good as his press clippings. None of the other guards were very good imo. I think that Self screwed Conner.
                    No worries...I respect your opinion even when we differ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      I'm sorry, did you take a wrong turn on your interweb journey between the coloring book forum, and the cookie baking forum?

Here's a picture of a teletubby to make you feel better:

Sometimes I think shockernet.net should actually be renamed humorlesspuritannet.net.
                      That wasn't directed at you. Read a couple posts above.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

That wasn't directed at you. Read a couple posts above.
                        But post 1021 was directed at SHOCKvalue.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          But post 1021 was directed at SHOCKvalue.
                          I'm on my mobile and can't tell which post is 1021, but when I quoted his post it was to demonstrate that there were some derogatory posts towards CF (humerous or otherwise). Someone else had stated that they hadn't seen anyone "trashing" CF. SHOCKvalue's post was the first one I came across.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            Try being dumber than Bill Self. I'm being compared to an elite coach with a national title...I didn't ask for that honor, but the great shockmonster anointed me with it, so I will wear it gladly.
                            I'm un-anointing you. No one can be as dumb as a beaker who refuses to play a Top 10 Team. Now if you really felt honored, I can anoint you back. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Marshall could use him, but if he was not local, Marshall would not be contacting him.
                              Probably true.

Getting back in the direction of the actual topic...

This thread is a textbook example of the tendency when comparing players to favor the guy you prefer not by explaining how he's better, but rather by claiming that the other guy is stretched to his limit by the mere act of putting on a uniform. That's pretty common, but it's unfortunate and is certainly undeserved here.

Frankamp is an elite shooter, no doubt; whether he's enough beyond that to be an elite PLAYER is still open to debate. But disparaging him doesn't make Henderson or Holland, or anyone else for that matter, sound better. It just makes the poster sound silly.

Comment

Dismissive.
                                Nope, just my judgement.

Comment

Working...
                                X