Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I bet Bill Self brought up the idea of redshirting and it came as a surprise to CF. The timing is so weird it must have been something like an angry realization of what was happening. If you thought all summer that you were starting and got blindsided by finding out you weren't even playing at all, you might walk.
    Maybe CF suddenly came to his senses, realized he made a big mistake by going to KU and said I got to get out of here as soon as possible.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
      Self's been great, but honestly the last few seasons it looks like his heart isn't in it anymore. Perhaps he is getting bored in Lawrence. Maybe he is just coasting into retirement...who knows.
      Or maybe he encountered the koolaid troll. At least I have the pleasure of wiping out his posts via the Ignore setting (second one today!), but Self isn't so lucky.

Comment

Where was he when we needed him...
        Is he still out trick or treating?

Comment

• For real though, kept waiting for fever to murk this dude and it never happened. BUMMER
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• This has to be one of my favorite all time threads on Shockernet. I rarely post, but I truly appreciate all you guys. Can't wait for the season to start!

Comment

Where was he when we needed him...
              This type of thread is where ShockFever (and Cold when he was around) was incredibly entertaining.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• well that was fun
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Dear KU Troll,

You come to our board to let us know we're arrogant, on our own board. Shocking! You let us know that you don't care about us, or Connor leaving, and we play cupcakes, and we're obviously beneath you and your band of blue blood brethren. You spent a lot of time here letting us know that, for not caring...

I'll leave you with a quote from one of our players Chadrack Lufile, "Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep." I slept well last night.

If Connor comes here, this will be the weather report for Wichita.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUkoolaid View Post
                    Wichita players don't seem to be an issue to recruit.
                    Art Vandelay,

I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the Wichita recruit, you just don't know how to *hold* and *Develop* the Wichita Recruit. And that's really the most important part of the recruiting: the holding, the developing. Anybody can just recruit them.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Dear KU Troll,

You come to our board to let us know we're arrogant, on our own board. Shocking! You let us know that you don't care about us, or Connor leaving, and we play cupcakes, and we're obviously beneath you and your band of blue blood brethren. You spent a lot of time here letting us know that, for not caring...

I'll leave you with a quote from one of our players Chadrack Lufile, "Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep." I slept well last night.

If Connor comes here, this will be the weather report for Wichita.

That weather report is hilarious.

Comment

• Dang!! Sorry I missed that.

I was watching 'Shark Tank', but the REAL 'Shark Tank' was taking place right here.

I don't have as much information as some of the people who live in Wichita, but it would seem counter-intuitive for Frankamp to come here. He does have outside shooting (but so does Holland). I'm not sure about his PG skills and I think we already have about 3 good point guards (Taylor (signed this year), Henderson and FVV). in addition to a number of players who can play both PG and SG as well as a number of taller more athletic SG's.

If he had signed with us in the first place, I would have said his chances would have been better. He would have been developed and would have been able to work with our strength coach who is one of the bset.

I think it's sad that Bill Selfish can't develop talent. He can recruit it and manage it, but can't necessarily coach or develop it. I hope all the kids in Kansas who might be considering KU are paying close attention to this. Not every kid can be a top-100 player (especially in Kansas where most of them are under the radar) and not every top-100 player (like Frankamp) is a legitimate top-100 player.

Comment

• If I were CF and I wanted to develop my game I would look to where there has been success in developing guards into top tier guards. One of the very best backcourts in the nation happens to be in his backyard. If I'm CF I'm talking to HCGM first. WSU has shown what it can do with guards. I think CF's game will work in HCGM's system. Put me in this category: if HCGM wants him here then I'm all for it.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            I think it's sad that Bill Selfish can't develop talent. He can recruit it and manage it, but can't necessarily coach or develop it. I hope all the kids in Kansas who might be considering KU are paying close attention to this. Not every kid can be a top-100 player (especially in Kansas where most of them are under the radar) and not every top-100 player (like Frankamp) is a legitimate top-100 player.
                            You just mixed up Rick Barnes and Self. Still, I'm halfway with you on that. Self has not developed a good point guard in a while. He's had a lot of success developing bigs though (Cole Aldrich, Morris twins, Thomas Robinson)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                              You just mixed up Rick Barnes and Self. Still, I'm halfway with you on that. Self has not developed a good point guard in a while. He's had a lot of success developing bigs though (Cole Aldrich, Morris twins, Thomas Robinson)
                              Aldrich was a McDs AA. I will give credit for the others, but most of KUs bigs have really failed to develop. There has been a lot of top 25 talent that doesn't translate to the pros. Most of those guys should be getting major minutes off the bench in the NBA.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                                Has Self had success developing them, or was it Danny Manning that had success?

Comment

Working...
                                X