Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I can't agree with this.

Cotton was assigned to the other team's best offensive player. He sometimes guarded guys as tall s 6'8". Cotton shut down a number of elite guards on the way to the F4. Frankamp, at 6', 165 lbs. would likely be assigned to the other team's weakest offensive player. I don't know anything about Frankamp's foot speed or vertical, but the fact no one has mentioned it probably means neither is exceptional.
    Agreed. Two totally different animals. The closest thing to Conner on the Shocker roster would appear to be Rian Holland. Both are 6' even. Conner is a little heavier at 165 vs 150(?). Conner may have better handles, but my guess based on what Rian has shown in dunk contests is that Rian has better ups. That would be an interesting 1-on-1 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I'm not willing to concede that Conner Frankamp would walk right in and be a starter in place of Tekele. More importantly, Corey Henderson, Tyrone Taylor, Rian Holland and Landry Shamet and perhaps Markis McDuffie and Zach Brown also will not be willing to just concede those minutes to Conner.

Personally, I think Conner can find a better situation that will make him a happy camper. If he doesn't like the logjam of talent at KU why would he like it any better at Wichita State? Not sure the shoe fits.
      Exactly... Personally, I think that is like replacing Warren Armstrong Jabali with Matt Breauer. No offense to Matt B., but I think we have several guys already signed who are closer to Tekele/Warren..
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I can't agree with this.

Cotton was assigned to the other team's best offensive player. He sometimes guarded guys as tall s 6'8". Cotton shut down a number of elite guards on the way to the F4. Frankamp, at 6', 165 lbs. would likely be assigned to the other team's weakest offensive player. I don't know anything about Frankamp's foot speed or vertical, but the fact no one has mentioned it probably means neither is exceptional.
        Tekele = Warren Jabali with a better supporting cast..
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I can't agree with this.
          Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Agreed. Two totally different animals.

Obviously they are different players. NO ONE could replace Tekele's defense. Just, like no one will replace Cle from the past two seasons.

All I was trying to say is:
          - When Cotton is on the court, it is for his defense and they will typically rely on other players for offense.
          - When Frankamp would be on the court, it would be for his offense and they would typically rely on others for defense.
          (Not that either can't be relied upon for other parts of their game, but they specialize on one side of the ball)

Fred and Ron would adjust from playing with Tekele to playing with Frankamp.
          The Assman

Comment

• Those on here who question his work ethic or assume he has a huge ego are either ignorant regarding Frankamp or unconsciously transferring their hatred for all things KU onto a native Wichitan that has done nothing to deserve the criticism.

Obviously he's never going to have the physique of Cotton, but I have heard he knows strength and quickness are areas that need work, and he's been working very hard for quite a while to improve. KU's strength coach is held in very high regard in the industry so there's absolutely no reason to assume that he'd be behind players like Holland (148 lbs) or any of the future recruits regarding strength.

If Frankamp, knowing what Marshall demands from his players, chose to play at WSU it would be a monumentally huge "get" for the Shockers. I have no desire to disrespect any of our current or future players, but this kid is really something special.

Comment

• A lot of the statements on here are stupid. Why compare Tekele to Conner? They are two different players who won't be on the same team together. This is why we pay a coach 1.7 M.+ to make these decisions. I'm sorry but I wouldn't trust a person on this board to make this decision. Gregg knows how to evaluate talent better than Self and he knows what we need to get better. If Conner comes, he has to prove himself but the same goes for most of our team too. The only players who have proven to me that they can play are Carter, Fred, Ron, and Tekele. I haven't seen enough from anyone else yet to make this statement. That's why I'm excited that Saturday is coming soon. We will know a little more after that exhibition but even then we won't know all that we need to know. Gregg sees our players play everyday and he is one of the smartest evaluators on the recruiting circuit. Give him the decision and let's have fun with the upcoming season.

Comment

• I don't want a failed KU leftover taking any minutes from kids who chose to be here 1st and bought in from day one.

If this was 1997, maybe I'd have a different opinion. But it's not. And I want guys like Henderson to be the heir to FVV, not this Johnny come lately with his entitlement.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Bill Self was quoted as follows: “He was part of our future plans, and certainly we anticipated him playing a much, much larger role this year.”

The following statement was attributed to Conner Frankamp (but not a direct quote): Frankamp was looking for assurances of ample playing time. When it became clear that might not be possible this season at Kansas, he decided to move on.

I am not exactly sure what kind of assurances of playing time Conner is looking for. It doesn't seem to me like something he would likely to get from 3G although I could be wrong about that.

It is an interesting and somewhat unusual situation particularly coming so close to the beginning of the season. I wonder if we are getting the whole story.

OTOH, there are no doubt some programs that would be in a position to and willing to give Conner the assurances he allegedly wants.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 3, 2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    I don't want a failed KU leftover taking any minutes from kids who chose to be here 1st and bought in from day one.

If this was 1997, maybe I'd have a different opinion. But it's not. And I want guys like Henderson to be the heir to FVV, not this Johnny come lately with his entitlement.
                    ^This times eleventy billion.

Further, how is a kid who lost an ego dual with Self, going to have a snowball's chance in hell trying the same with 3G? Self is a damn good coach, but in the "you do what I effing say or GTFO" quotient 3G has Self beat with one hand tied behind 3G's back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      I don't want a failed KU leftover taking any minutes from kids who chose to be here 1st and bought in from day one.

I'll take whichever kid gives us the best chance at returning to the Final 4. The vast majority of the time that will be the consensus top 50 recruit. The kid that not only played on the gold medal winning US National Under 17 team loaded with 5 star talent, he actually led the team in scoring.

Comment

• Serious questions:

- If Frankamp had chosen WSU from the start, or it was "his dream" to play for them, would he have as much skepticism or pessimism?
                        - We all love every WSU player and welcome them as part of the family, why would it be any different with Conner?
                        - Just because things didn't start well as a beaker, is he guaranteed to be a failure?

So what, he chose KU originally. He's a young kid and it was his lifelong goal. He realized it wasn't the right fit and is now trying to correct his mistake. Seriously, some of you on here are acting more childish then he is.
                        The Assman

Comment

• spt032214kansas4.jpgFranzCamp.jpg
                          One thing is for certain, should Conner decide to join the Shox (and of course, if the rest of the team wants him), I'm pretty sure he'd get pumped up once Kerry Rosenboom got a hold of him! The kid needs some muscle.:victorious:

Comment

• Originally posted by Royals85 View Post
                            I'll take whichever kid gives us the best chance at returning to the Final 4. The vast majority of the time that will be the consensus top 50 recruit. The kid that not only played on the gold medal winning US National Under 17 team loaded with 5 star talent, he actually led the team in scoring.
                            The kid who couldn't find playing time on a team that was substandard or a wash to WSU by most available metrics in 2013-2014, is going to somehow have a different outcome today?

Why do so few understand that Frankcamp might just be the next in that long line of hyped-up HS recruits that go bust at the next level? What material evidence do any of you pro-Frankcamp guys have that would indicate this not to be that exact situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              no lie, some douche KU fan told me on Facebook that Frankamp is currently better than any guard on our current roster said it wasnt even close
                              lol and the beat goes on.

Comment

• I believe there is more here than meets the eye, and that Coach Self is able to say what makes himself look like the good guy and act all fair and nice about what happened, questioning (offhandedly) Conner's decision.

Conner on the other hand has to take the hit and stay quiet or he'll look like an ingrate and his options will be limited.

If the kid wants to come to WSU, ShockerNation should welcome a WICHITA KID with open arms. You know damned good and well HCGM will demand the same from Conner that he does from every other player and Conner will play or not play on his own merit. I don't know why that's a bad thing for some.

And I promise you, NOBODY hates KU more than this guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X