Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    no lie, some douche KU fan told me on Facebook that Frankamp is currently better than any guard on our current roster said it wasnt even close
    Honestly that sounds like every KU fan I've ever known. They're certain of their fandom superiority, even though the scope of investment most of them have made into KU is a collection of apparel, and maybe a sticker or two. They've latched onto a winner, because in their personal/professional lives they are losers.

Comment

no lie, some douche KU fan told me on Facebook that Frankamp is currently better than any guard on our current roster said it wasnt even close
      "and everybody knows that".........................sigh

Comment

I'm sure you could provide him with several links to pre-season accolades that would make him feel quite foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          His prospects here are no better here than in Lawrence. The bench is just as crowded. Maybe more so...
          For argument sake, let's say both Frankamp comes AND FVV and Baker stay.

For the bulk of the 2015-2016 season (since most of the season is after the first semester), you could have a starting lineup of all three of them. Which would be a great guard trio if you ask me.

Replacing Tekele with Conner, could be more similar then you think. We all know Tekele is an excellent defender who has greatly improved his offensive production. Leads to believe we could see the same thing from Conner (only swapping the roles around, of course). 3G's has always found a way to make his teams/players run as efficiently as possible. He would make the same happen with Conner on the court, just as he does with Tekele.

Also, if Connor comes, he will have a year plus (depending on when the transfer could be "official") to learn the system and do anything the coaches ask of him.
          The Assman

Comment

• FVV was just named 1st team AP all American But that doesn't matter to your Beaker Fan Boy Facebook pal does it..sigh
            Last edited by Turd Furgeson; November 3, 2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Solid first post there Turd!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                For argument sake, let's say both Frankamp comes AND FVV and Baker stay.

For the bulk of the 2015-2016 season (since most of the season is after the first semester), you could have a starting lineup of all three of them. Which would be a great guard trio if you ask me.

Replacing Tekele with Conner, could be more similar then you think. We all know Tekele is an excellent defender who has greatly improved his offensive production. Leads to believe we could see the same thing from Conner (only swapping the roles around, of course). 3G's has always found a way to make his teams/players run as efficiently as possible. He would make the same happen with Conner on the court, just as he does with Tekele.

Also, if Connor comes, he will have a year plus (depending on when the transfer could be "official") to learn the system and do anything the coaches ask of him.
                I'm not willing to concede that Conner Frankamp would walk right in and be a starter in place of Tekele. More importantly, Corey Henderson, Tyrone Taylor, Rian Holland and Landry Shamet and perhaps Markis McDuffie and Zach Brown also will not be willing to just concede those minutes to Conner.

Personally, I think Conner can find a better situation that will make him a happy camper. If he doesn't like the logjam of talent at KU why would he like it any better at Wichita State? Not sure the shoe fits.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I'm not willing to concede that Conner Frankamp would walk right in and be a starter in place of Tekele. More importantly, Corey Henderson, Tyrone Taylor, Rian Holland and Landry Shamet and perhaps Markis McDuffie and Zach Brown also will not be willing to just concede those minutes to Conner.

Personally, I think Conner can find a better situation that will make him a happy camper. If he doesn't like the logjam of talent at KU why would he like it any better at Wichita State? Not sure the shoe fits.
                  Well, Tekele would have graduated before Connor could ever be eligeble to play...

Comment

I wonder if Conner looks at our roster and thinks less of who he will be competing against than he does when he looks at his former roster at KU. He might be plagued with the same outlook as many of the fans up there have...that it's not possible we have players he would sit behind. He might believe that he is a shoe-in at any school other than KU. I hope that's not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      I wonder if Conner looks at our roster and thinks less of who he will be competing against than he does when he looks at his former roster at KU. He might be plagued with the same outlook as many of the fans up there have...that it's not possible we have players he would sit behind. He might believe that he is a shoe-in at any school other than KU. I hope that's not the case.
                      If that is his thought process, I doubt HCGM exerts many brain cells thinking in return

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                        Well, Tekele would have graduated before Connor could ever be eligeble to play...
                        Of course, not even the biggest Conner fans would suggest Conner could beat out Tekele. Perhaps you misread what @SHURTZtheHERTZ posted about Conner joining Fred and Ron (assuming Ron returns) in the lineup at the semester break next year. That would include about 2/3rds of next seasons games.

My response was I would not assume that would be an automatic result. We were not discussing beating Tekele out we were discussing who would fill Tekele's spot next year.

Comment

Of course, not even the biggest Conner fans would suggest Conner could beat out Tekele. Perhaps you misread what @SHURTZtheHERTZ posted about Conner joining Fred and Ron (assuming Ron returns) in the lineup at the semester break next year. That would include about 2/3rds of next seasons games.

My response was I would not assume that would be an automatic result. We were not discussing beating Tekele out we were discussing who would fill Tekele's spot next year.
                          Sometimes reading on the phone leads to missed details :)
                          And I agree, I wouldn't assume anyone anyone for automatic spots until theyve proven themselves in practice and game time

Comment

• nm
                            Last edited by Aargh; November 9, 2014, 08:10 PM.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                              Sometimes reading on the phone leads to missed details :)
                              And I agree, I wouldn't assume anyone anyone for automatic spots until theyve proven themselves in practice and game time
                              I'm not assuming he would come right in and start necessarily. I am just laying out a scenario that COULD happen and what might be Conner's line of thing as to why WSU would be a good choice/fit for him.

Obviously minutes will be earned, not given, but Conner would have just as good a shoot to earn them as anyone else on the roster. Perhaps, he didn't feel this was the case at KU.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I don't know anything about Frankamp's foot speed or vertical, but the fact no one has mentioned it probably means neither is exceptional.

Not the best angle or quality, but he has more ups then one might think (Billy Hoyle has given white-guys a bad name!)

Obviously ignore the opening animations ;)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X