No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are already 2 over next year. We're at our limit assuming somebody currently on the roster leaves and Baker goes to The Association. Adding CF as anything other than a walk-on seems ludicrous.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• And WSU's Francamp hits the three for the 2015-16 national championship as time expires. Its Wichita State 66 Kansas University 65!
      :poster_shocks:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        We are already 2 over next year. We're at our limit assuming somebody currently on the roster leaves and Baker goes to The Association. Adding CF as anything other than a walk-on seems ludicrous.
        I think the general understanding is that he would be a walk-on through next year with perhaps receiving a scholarship for 2016-17 as a Junior. That is assuming he ends up at Wichita State.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 31, 2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          I think that is exactly what Coach would offer him. Walk-on, earn a spot, add the scholarship when he becomes eligible if he earns it.
          This would be how he'd come to WSU. He wouldn't be taking Holland's scholarship.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rhatigan;509450]
            Originally posted by wuhog View Post

KU has too much talent for him to get any legitimate minutes. Hate them all you want but their roster is absolutely stacked this year.
            It isn't just an issue of talent. It's an issue with recruiting. In terms of talent, we have the better backcourt in any way you define the term. But the difference is the way we approach the future. Frankamp is competing at KU against every burger boy that has yet to sign, and a guy in his own class. If he doesn't start this year, he never will. He'll always be behind Mason in the "experienced" PG department, and each year will dump another crop of NBA aspirants onto the bench. He'll jump in front of Mason in terms of experience, and he'll never jump in front of the burger boys in terms of talent.

At Wichita State, he wouldn't start year one. Same as KU. In fact he'd probably get more minutes with the Jayhawks. But years 2+ he'll have a chance of starting. We don't have to worry about appeasing the egos of freshmen that just want to make the jump to the next level. We'll bring in talent every year, but we don't feel any pressure to start our freshmen just to let recruits know talent comes before experience. Honestly he'd probably begin his career pretty far down on the list as far as the starting job goes, but the difference is that he at least has the opportunity to earn the role. We've shown we'll start the best player for the spot, regardless of any other factor.

I think he is a lot better than people on this board are giving him credit. Again, I think he was KU's best option at the end of last year. But I am highly skeptical that our program's modus operandi would mesh with Frankamp and his father. If he's willing to work, he has a better chance of starting here than KU, but he is good enough that another college with offer a much easier route. Why walk-on at Wichita State for the chance to start if he can go to Creighton and get 15 shots a day from the moment he steps foot in the Library?

If he ends up coming here, it will say a lot about his personality and goals and I'd be happy he is on the team. If he doesn't, well it probably is best for both parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Will that be on ShockerVision?
              Yes it will be but no sound.

Comment

• [QUOTE=CBB_Fan;509461]
                Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post

It isn't just an issue of talent. It's an issue with recruiting. In terms of talent, we have the better backcourt in any way you define the term. But the difference is the way we approach the future. Frankamp is competing at KU against every burger boy that has yet to sign, and a guy in his own class. If he doesn't start this year, he never will. He'll always be behind Mason in the "experienced" PG department, and each year will dump another crop of NBA aspirants onto the bench. He'll jump in front of Mason in terms of experience, and he'll never jump in front of the burger boys in terms of talent.

At Wichita State, he wouldn't start year one. Same as KU. In fact he'd probably get more minutes with the Jayhawks. But years 2+ he'll have a chance of starting. We don't have to worry about appeasing the egos of freshmen that just want to make the jump to the next level. We'll bring in talent every year, but we don't feel any pressure to start our freshmen just to let recruits know talent comes before experience. Honestly he'd probably begin his career pretty far down on the list as far as the starting job goes, but the difference is that he at least has the opportunity to earn the role. We've shown we'll start the best player for the spot, regardless of any other factor.

I think he is a lot better than people on this board are giving him credit. Again, I think he was KU's best option at the end of last year. But I am highly skeptical that our program's modus operandi would mesh with Frankamp and his father. If he's willing to work, he has a better chance of starting here than KU, but he is good enough that another college with offer a much easier route. Why walk-on at Wichita State for the chance to start if he can go to Creighton and get 15 shots a day from the moment he steps foot in the Library?

If he ends up coming here, it will say a lot about his personality and goals and I'd be happy he is on the team. If he doesn't, well it probably is best for both parties.
                Perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post
                  Yes it will be but no sound.
                  Hahaha! Still it would be worth the price of admission just to see the facial expressions and body language.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    Why walk-on at Wichita State for the chance to start if he can go to Creighton and get 15 shots a day from the moment he steps foot in the Library?

The one big downside to going to Creighton is that they just suck so bad. I hope he is aware of that if he is considering them.

That's where I'm back to hoping he chooses the MVC. Creighton would be picked in the lower half of the MVC this season. 5th at best. That is a program with a VERY uncertain trajectory, and that's if you are an eternal optimist.

A KU friend of mine told me today that Conner is considering Creighton, WSU and some PAC-12 schools (take it for what it's worth). If those are your choices, you might want to rethink your list if WSU isn't the obvious pick. If I'm from Kansas, I'm not going PAC-12. If I have any standards, I'm not going to CU. If I want tons of playing time, I'm not going to WSU. Go to UNI, Missouri State, Indiana State or SIU. Just do it. Nike.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                      Why walk-on at Wichita State for the chance to start if he can go to Creighton and get 15 shots a day from the moment he steps foot in the Library?
                      Because he wants a potential starting role for a team that is going to win a ring.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• You have to admit the kid can play on the offensive end. Comparing him to our freshman this year or incoming recruits is fruitless. Until they play head to head you don't really know. I thought it was a mistake for him for him to go to KU. If Coach wants him then he will get him. Pretty simple.

Comment

• Why in HELL did he enroll up there this semester????

Comment

• Still say Colorado
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Why in HELL did he enroll up there this semester????
                              I guess he didn't realize until practice started that he wasn't even being considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                KU certainly wasted no time in dropping Conner from the roster.

http://www.kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
                                That was indeed "quick". To the point of kind of being a bit pissed off that he is leaving KU for Wichita St. That's how I read it. I mean in the KU fans minds...there is NO WAY a former Top-50 kid who signs with KU would want to transfer to Wichita St. Gawd if he does come to Wichita....the Lawerence folks are gonna be left scratching their heads wondering if hell really did in fact freeze over. LOL
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X