No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self can develop talent, but definitely has relied more and more on recruiting. Why turn a 4* or 3* player into a 5* caliber player when you can just recruit the 5* player to begin with? I wouldn't give him credit for Aldrich, Embiid, or Wiggins but most of the other guys he has put in the NBA were lower ranked recruits. In 2008 they won with an excessive amount of talent, essentially playing two units of 5* players (similar to UK this year). But in 2012 they went to the Finals without a single consensus 5*, playing no freshmen and starting a former walk-on.

However Self has never really developed a guard. Virtually all of his pro prospects were big men, and the only guards he's put in the NBA were headed in that direction regardless of what school they chose. Many have even had their draft stocks hurt. Probably the closest would be Tyshawn Taylor, and even that is stretching it. He was still a major prospect out the best high school team in the country, and was out of the league in just a few seasons after getting selected in the 2nd round. Self has proven to be much better at recruiting guards than creating them, and he would have tried to recruit over Frankamp every year that he stayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
      Self can develop talent, but definitely has relied more and more on recruiting. Why turn a 4* or 3* player into a 5* caliber player when you can just recruit the 5* player to begin with? I wouldn't give him credit for Aldrich, Embiid, or Wiggins but most of the other guys he has put in the NBA were lower ranked recruits. In 2008 they won with an excessive amount of talent, essentially playing two units of 5* players (similar to UK this year). But in 2012 they went to the Finals without a single consensus 5*, playing no freshmen and starting a former walk-on.

However Self has never really developed a guard. Virtually all of his pro prospects were big men, and the only guards he's put in the NBA were headed in that direction regardless of what school they chose. Many have even had their draft stocks hurt. Probably the closest would be Tyshawn Taylor, and even that is stretching it. He was still a major prospect out the best high school team in the country, and was out of the league in just a few seasons after getting selected in the 2nd round. Self has proven to be much better at recruiting guards than creating them, and he would have tried to recruit over Frankamp every year that he stayed.
      I think this shows how FVV is truly intelligent. As his recruiting stock rose and Bill Self came knocking on his door, not only did Fred honor his word but he knew going with HCGM was the best choice for his game. FVV is one smart dude. I also think we're going to see the same genius with Shamet. Shamet could have gone to many places, but he knows who is best suited to elevate his game.
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I'm so glad I don't have to keep track of what is going on at KU.. From what I've briefly seen over the years, it seems like they rode the Danny Manning high for awhile and then just started relying on 1 and done star power after they won it all and Manning left. They haven't been at all exciting to watch since 08'. Frankcamp probably threw up his arms and dumped Self for a variety of reasons.

Comment

• Please unban ToeNail State. That was so much fun.
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

• I'm pretty pissed that I'm late to the party.

This clown had nightwatchman/chemhawk fail written all over it.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              Is he still out trick or treating?
              Yep, I was with your mom.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                Has Self had success developing them, or was it Danny Manning that had success?
                Trob's game in college was using his strength and size 6-8 or 6-9 and overpowering weaker opponents. All 3 of the NBA teams he has been on he hasn't played much at all because he has no game. He thinks he is a #1 or #2 scoring option when he needs to play like Faried, hustle, rebound and get garbage points. He is looking at a 4th team as his option wasn't picked up. His bbiq is bad and until he accepts a roll he will struggle. It is a shame, Faried signed a 60 mil contract and is happy scoring 6 or 26. TRob needs to stop thinking he has to be a star like he was at Kansas. His own bravado coming into the league set himself up to. " I have no competition for RoY" "not buying the Anthony Davis hype" "I should be the #1 pick"......humble himself a little.

Comment

• Pretty ironic that a KU ex-player has the largest thread on the front page. Though not surprising...since one troll's arrogance equals that of our whole fan base.

Best wishes Conner on wherever you end up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Welcome back to the party ole buddy!!!

Comment

• Bossi on the Rivals' recruiting board says Creighton, Missouri, Illinois, WSU, Colorado, Northwestern and Wake Forest are among the programs that have reached out to "check the temperature" of Frankamp. I apologize if this is old news.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Now that he has announced, can any program contact him without "tampering"?

Comment

You mean you were with the dead? I guess that was the right time of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            Can I just say that I think it's asinine anytime a fan of another school calls someone else's fans arrogant? ALL fans are going to be proud of their school. It's like the go-to jab whenever a stalemate is reached. It turns the whole debate into a personal attack when there's not enough meat on the actual bone. "Oh yeah? Well you guys are ARROGANT. So there."

Heck yes we are arrogant. Our team is preseason ranked to contend for a national title.
                            At least he didn't call us Nazis. That would have really hurt my feelings. I might have even cried. The big liarhead chickenhawk.
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I'm pretty pissed that I'm late to the party.

This clown had nightwatchman/chemhawk fail written all over it.
                              You suck. I saw this last night and about fell out of my chair! I was like "Fev's all over this!" I checked back and checked back but no Fev. I went to the Nebraska game today so I didn't check the page all day. But as soon as I got home, I pulled it up. Nothing but a ban and a late yet lame excuse from you.

I expect more from you, Fev. A lot more. It is not only your job to chime in on these threads, but an expectation. We used to be able to count on you, you were as consistent as a fine Swiss watch. But now I guess I just don't know.

It's time for you to live up to your reputation, you can't slip up again. I'll give you this one, you screwed up. But if there's a next time.... Well, let's just say there won't be a next time.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 20141101_143901.jpg

Can you see me? I'm the drunk guy.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X