Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Shooting like this:

Impressive.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      Offensively, Frankamp is Baker on steroids.
      The statistics do not support your claim.

Comment

• nm
        Last edited by Aargh; November 9, 2014, 08:12 PM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Offensively, Frankamp is Baker on steroids. The difference is on the defensive side, plus Baker being 3-4 inches taller.

Also, Baker has better moves to the glass. If Frankamp was taller, maybe he would, too.
          If you're comparing their high school careers I would have just ignored your post.

But you can't be serious comparing their college careers.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            KU, the school Frankamp wanted to attend his entire life, was 25-10 last year, so I don't think winning solves all bad feelings.

I doubt a player who wanted to play at KU, but didn't get many minutes his Fr year and probably wasn't going to be the starter for the entire season as a So. would be happy with bench minutes at WSU. With Baker projecting as a mid-second round draft pick, he might stick around for his Sr. year. Then the scholarship situation gets really muddied.
            You speak about a lot of information that none of us know. KU has had a lot of problem children like McLemore, etc. who have had past problems. We don't recruit those problems. Obviously we don't know what is happening with Baker. Obviously if those problems exist, Gregg doesn't bring him in. That would be duh.

Comment

• I will trust our coach on this issue without exception or caveat. If HCGM wants Conner, we should all want him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                I will trust our coach on this issue without exception or caveat. If HCGM wants Conner, we should all want him.
                @William:, was this the last one?
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  The statistics do not support your claim.
                  In four years at North, Frankamp was 48% from 3-pt and 61% from 2-pt with an overall FG% of 55%

In three years at Scott City, Baker was 38% from 3-pt and 58% from 2-pt with an overall FG% of 50%.

And just to throw this in, for FT%, Frankamp shot 91% and Baker shot 77%.

I don't think you can go by what Frankamp did at KU since he didn't play as much to get into the flow of the game compared with Baker at WSU.

Comment

• I don't know if we have any Photoshop experts, but would be cool to see a photo of Conner with a WSU jersey on. You know, just in case we have to get use to seeing it in the future ;)
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      If you're comparing their high school careers I would have just ignored your post.

But you can't be serious comparing their college careers.
                      It's almost pointless to compare their college careers as well. We have no idea how Baker would have looked as an 18 yr old true freshman. We'd be comparing 19-21 yr old Baker to 18 yr old Frankamp. I really doubt Frankamp peaked at 18.

Frankamp is pretty young for his class. He's only two weeks older than Corey Henderson.

Comment

• The obvious difference between the two is that Baker TOOK minutes as a freshman and was reported to be the real deal in practice even while redshirting on a team that had some really good players ... And Frankamp didn't do much to displace a fairly mediocre person in front of him

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          Frankamp didn't do much to displace a fairly mediocre person in front of him
                          To be fair, he was their best guard in the NCAA Tournament and it wasn't even close. I think a person can reasonably question whether Self distributed minutes less than wisely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            To be fair, he was their best guard in the NCAA Tournament and it wasn't even close. I think a person can reasonably question whether Self distributed minutes less than wisely.
                            Perhaps. One could also argue that Self has a much longer track record of success at the D1 level than Frankamp.

Comment

In four years at North, Frankamp was 48% from 3-pt and 61% from 2-pt with an overall FG% of 55%

In three years at Scott City, Baker was 38% from 3-pt and 58% from 2-pt with an overall FG% of 50%.

And just to throw this in, for FT%, Frankamp shot 91% and Baker shot 77%.

I don't think you can go by what Frankamp did at KU since he didn't play as much to get into the flow of the game compared with Baker at WSU.
                              Do you have their middle school stats, too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                Do you have their middle school stats, too?
                                Personally, I think there is some relevance to high school shooting percentage when talking about shooting ability, but that was too funny!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X