No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point about winners, dizzle. You'd have to look back to the days of the dreaded Steve Eck to find a City League player who was a winner equal to Wessel, and South's guys only did it in one sport.

We've seen it said that Marshall likes makers, not just shooters -- I imagine he also likes winners.

Comment

• Just received a text asking why it would be a mistake for him to transfer to Wichita and me thinking it's "stoopid" for him to come to Wichita. Ummmmm.....pretty much all the reasons people here on ShockerNet have already stated.

1. No more playing time for him at Wichita St.
      2. Can't play defense like Marshall commands.
      3. Too many more talented players already on board and coming in to the Wichita St. hoops program.

I mean if he just wants to live closer to his family sure he could walk on. BUT hoping to get playing time at Wichita St.....ummmm.....bad move on his part. Hope he makes a good decision as I want to see former Wichita area players do well but in this case...I think he would be better suited for either a smaller program in the Missouri Valley or getting lucky and catching on at a Big-10 school.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Took McDermott to the Bulls. [insert laughtrack]
        Kyle Korver has made a few bucks shooting the rock well also.

Comment

• Not sure I agree about the defense angle. FVV isn't a world class sprinter. Defense is just a matter of "want to".

If a kid has game AND desire AND work ethic AND can handle a very physical style of play, he'll flourish under HC3GM's system. We know Connor has game and desire. I am sure he's been raised to have the work ethic. So if he's not a whiney, hurt-all-the-time, prima donna kid, he'll be fine here. Otherwise he won't find it very fun. It really depends on his state of mind.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Why is everyone so quick to assume he can't/wouldn't play defense like HCGM wants?

He was never demanded to in high school and never had any playing time to do so at KU.

Plus, if anyone can teach a player how to improve their play, it's 3G's!
            The Assman

Comment

Not sure I agree about the defense angle. FVV isn't a world class sprinter. Defense is just a matter of "want to".
              Fred is also very, very smart and has great anticipation. Tekele just smothers you physically and perhaps scares you a little bit.

Jason Perez was like Fred. Very smart with great anticipation. P.J. Couisnard was somewhat of a mix of Fred and Tekele. Very smart and very athletic.

Comment

So if he's not a whiney, hurt-all-the-time, prima donna kid, he'll be fine here. Otherwise he won't find it very fun. It really depends on his state of mind.
                Then why is he transferring? If he is a hard-worker with good work ethic and has the "want to".....then why not continue with that mind set and stick it out at Kansas??? I dunno...something about this isn't adding up for me.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Not sure I agree about the defense angle. FVV isn't a world class sprinter. Defense is just a matter of "want to".

If a kid has game AND desire AND work ethic AND can handle a very physical style of play, he'll flourish under HC3GM's system. We know Connor has game and desire. I am sure he's been raised to have the work ethic. So if he's not a whiney, hurt-all-the-time, prima donna kid, he'll be fine here. Otherwise he won't find it very fun. It really depends on his state of mind.
                  He certainly was known to work very hard on his offensive game in high school. Of course, it's one thing to work you ass off on the fun stuff. Whether he is willing to make the same effort on the tough stuff remains to be seen. In any case, I don't think he will have to guess what will be expected of him by 3G.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 31, 2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    Why is everyone so quick to assume he can't/wouldn't play defense like HCGM wants?

He was never demanded to in high school and never had any playing time to do so at KU.

Plus, if anyone can teach a player how to improve their play, it's 3G's!
                    To play gap man-to-man it is very helpful to have a PG that can put pressure on the ball-handler and/or have the length to disrupt the passing lanes.

Physicality can make up for length (Malcom and Joe) and Offensive production can cover some Defensive liabilities.

Conner was able to play to his strengths in HS but the size and athleticism that he's going up against in the Big XII has obviously been a challenge.

That's why people question how successful he would be at Wichita State.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Then why is he transferring? If he is a hard-worker with good work ethic and has the "want to".....then why not continue with that mind set and stick it out at Kansas??? I dunno...something about this isn't adding up for me.
                      Sometimes it's just not a good culture fit (coaches, players, campus, etc.). Plus, anyone who wants to get away from Bill Self and come to HCGM is okay in my book!
                      The Assman

Comment

• I am really impressed with the number of posters who can assess a recruit's fit better than our staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          I am really impressed with the number of posters who can assess a recruit's fit better than our staff.
                          Who is this recruit you speak of?

Comment

• Here is my big controversial question.

Ron Baker is leaving this season unless somehow his stock falls. If he improves at all, he is gone. Now, name the players who we expect to step in for Ron next year if he's gone. Now, the question... Is it possible that Connor Frankamp could beat out those names after practicing under the Marshall Plan for a while?

If the answer is yes, then I WANT HIM!

We're not talking about Connor Frankamp versus Ron Baker or Tekele Cotton. We are talking about Connor Frankamp versus Rian Holland, Zach Brown, Corey Henderson, most likely. Throw in the completely unseen 2015 recruits, but we don't have much to go on there other than recruiting stock, and wasn't Connor's pretty high?

Bring him in HCGM!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              Source?
                              Now why would I throw some ppl I know close to the program under the bus??

Message boards like this you usually tell apart the ppl who know or have connects ... I, fortunately, know some ppl rite now. I also understand ppl that bs on here just to bs & look cool like they are important or something.

I'm just passing along info. I have my flame suit ready, but I don't think I'll need it ;)
                              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                                Now why would I throw some ppl I know close to the program under the bus??

Message boards like this you usually tell apart the ppl who know or have connects ... I, fortunately, know some ppl rite now. I also understand ppl that bs on here just to bs & look cool like they are important or something.

I'm just passing along info. I have my flame suit ready, but I don't think I'll need it ;)
                                Is your connection also one who has a connection with Alabama and WSU? ;-)
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X