• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoopid move for the kid to transfer to Wichita St. Stoopid
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• On the bright side for the haters, snagging Conner would cause no small amount of butthurt at Creighton. They'd kill for this kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        It's only justice if KU then goes on probation.
        Sorry, Doc. That's not good enough for me. I don't want to see KU on probation. If Conner does in fact come to Wichita State what I want to see is Connor knocking down the game winning 3 pointer against KU in the national championship game. Now that would be justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
          Just doesnt make much sense to decide to leave the program two weeks before the season starts. you got no playing time last year. Then they recruit numerous players for the same position this year. If you were thinking about it for a long time (which I believe considering the rumors on here from atleast a year ago) Then why not leave over the summer?

I might not be a smart man.... But thats just dumb
          I believe that he strongly considered leaving last year. Then he gets some prime time minutes at the end of the year which gives him hope and leads to reconsideration. We all want to believe our first choice is the right choice. Reality sets in this fall which leads to today's decision. Won't be at all surprised to see him at WSU under Gregg's conditions.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Did BS Bill Self really want Conner or was he protecting his Wichita rights?
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I think the WSU rumors may be true. I was at the Old Town Warren on Wednesday night and Conner and his dad must have driven directly there from their meeting with Bill Self. They were in line to buy tickets to Gone Girl when Perry Ellis and his mother showed up and cut the Frankamp's in line. When they got to the counter Gone Girl was sold out. You should have seen the look on Marty and Conner's faces. I could tell right then and there that he was transferring from KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Personally, I would find it borderline impossible that a player of Connor's talent would accept walking on anywhere and having to earn a scholarship.
                Frankamp is definitely a talent, although of a pretty one-dimensional sort. But he's no more talented than Armstead was, and he has baggage that Armstead didn't. Yet Malcolm paid his own way, probably locking horns with Marshall at times if the early part of his senior season was any indication, and was amply rewarded for hanging in there (as were the Shocks). I'm guessing Frankamp probably has more money at his disposal than Armstead did, so why not?

On the other hand, there's this from the CBS story linked earlier: "We have many good guards and so many big-time players. I want to be at a place where I could play a bigger role." Well, Selden, Mason, and Graham (I'm skeptical that Oubre and Greene are really guards, regardless of how KU lists them on the roster) are NOT better than Baker, Cotton, and VanVleet. Granted, by next year when Frankamp becomes eligible it's entirely possible that FVV will be the only one of the three still here. But Holland is just as big as Frankamp, more athletic, and can shoot from deep, too; Henderson has more of a PG mentality, is bigger, and a coach's son in addition to having a year in the program by then; and among next year's freshmen assuming all goes as expected, Taylor is bigger, stronger, MUCH more athletic, and a noted defender already, and Shamet is a highly regarded player and scorer who's 6-4.

If Frankamp were at WSU next year, he certainly wouldn't inherit "a bigger role" just by showing up. He obviously won't be taking minutes from FVV, and he'd have to earn time from others who all have their advantages over him, just as he has exceptional shooting ability to offer. And you can bet that he'd also have to earn his role by playing Marshall's way, and that Marshall will be a zero-tolerance guy when it comes to family kibitzing.
                Last edited by WSUwatcher; October 31, 2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Why does anyone think Frankamp would get playing time at WSU? You think he's going to play Marshall-style defense? Fight through a screen without getting his head taken off? He shoots the ball really, really well. There's only so far that takes you.

Comment

• nm
                    Last edited by Aargh; November 9, 2014, 08:03 PM.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      On the bright side for the haters, snagging Conner would cause no small amount of butthurt at Creighton. They'd kill for this kid.
                      The 9th ranked team in the Big East would kill to have most of our players.

I'm not buying the rumors that Frankamp is coming here, but if he does end up here, Coach sees something in him and that's enough for me.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        Did BS Bill Self really want Conner or was he protecting his Wichita rights?
                        Who knows. Did he really want Conner are just didn't want WSU to get Conner? My guess is he really wanted Conner. After all Conner is the all-time leading scorer in Wichita City League history and there have been a few good players pass through that league over the decades.

If Conner does become a Shocker and if he buys in to 3G's system and philosophy he will become a better all-around player.

Comment

• This was a nice moment for him last season.

The Assman

Comment

• Speaking of city league players, I'm glad we have Wessel. Winners gon' win.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                              I think the WSU rumors may be true. I was at the Old Town Warren on Wednesday night and Conner and his dad must have driven directly there from their meeting with Bill Self. They were in line to buy tickets to Gone Girl when Perry Ellis and his mother showed up and cut the Frankamp's in line. When they got to the counter Gone Girl was sold out. You should have seen the look on Marty and Conner's faces. I could tell right then and there that he was transferring from KU.
                              I bet he didn't even get his hot dog.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                                He shoots the ball really, really well. There's only so far that takes you.
                                Took McDermott to the Bulls. [insert laughtrack]
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X