Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    how is he going to get the playing time he craves over shamet (6'4" nba quick release, size, uncanny passing) taylor (fastest hs player in the country) mcduffie (acc style game)? not to mention henderson and holland? he would be in a serious numbers crunch.. again.

i wouldn't want to see him come here and sit on the bench.
    Shooting like this:

The Assman

Comment

• Probably what put Conner on the map more than anything else was the U17 team that won in Lithuania in 2012. That roster included Jahlil Okafor, Justice Winslow, Jabari Parker, Tyus Jones, and Dakari Johnson among others. Leading scorer? Frankamp, shooting a split of 56/45/100. If he can contribute like that on a team consisting almost entirely of star recruits, he can find a college he'll be successful at. I don't know if that will be Wichita State, and in fact I'd guess he probably will go elsewhere. I'd like to have him, but logically speaking our backcourt is as set to be one of the best in the country for the next two years and beyond. He'll probably go to Colorado or Creighton if I had to guess.

Comment

• I really think he ends up on a big conference contender who has a distinct need for him.
        THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          Thread post count is at 400. We obviously want him!
          Just imagine if he does come to WSU!

We could have the next Orupke thread on our hands!
          The Assman

Comment

• nm
            Last edited by Aargh; November 9, 2014, 08:12 PM.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• If CF has the confidence to come here and compete for PT that would say a lot about
              him. Being that unafraid would make a statement, a vey positive one, that he knows
              he is damned good. All top ten programs are going to have competition for PT. The
              best players will get the most. If he is better than the others that is a GOOD thing
              for our program. Those that worry about chemistry shouldn't focus their concern on
              just one player as all high profile players are going to have egos. That's life. The
              best are going to play and feelings WILL be hurt. I WANT the ones that are not afraid
              of competition and rise to the top.

Comment

• Count me in the group that is all for seeing CF return home. We are all under the agreement that if he makes that choice and Marshall wants him that we will get him. The matter of PT will work itself out. As a top 10 program, we have to get behind the notion that we will be recruiting guys and going after transfers that might create a logjam on the roster. This is a good problem to have. Yes, Marshall has had to mold 2* & 3* recruits into winners and that method has worked for us in the recent past. But if we are wanting to grow this program and school, we will have to be able to make the transition into recruiting the best players in our own backyard. This would be a strategic move by Marshall and Co. just as much as basketball move.

Comment

• I was looking up the high school records for the State of Kansas. Conner holds two of those records. Career 3 point shooting percentage (48.2%) and career free-throw shooting percentage (90.9%). There is no question Conner is an elite shooter. Obviously, at 6' his shots won't come quite as easily at the D-1 level but if you need a sharpshooter he certainly fills that bill.

As an aside I found out something interesting about a former Shocker baseball player and current member of the Shocker Hall of Fame. Travis Wycoff (Arkansas City H.S.) still holds the Kansas boy's high school basketball record for career assists. Cool beans there.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 4, 2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    how is he going to get the playing time he craves over shamet (6'4" nba quick release, size, uncanny passing) taylor (fastest hs player in the country) mcduffie (acc style game)? not to mention henderson and holland? he would be in a serious numbers crunch.. again.

i wouldn't want to see him come here and sit on the bench.
                    He gets playing time by helping us win. I want to recruit the best players and then play the ones who helps us win. Someone will have to not play. You worry more than Gregg about everyone being happy. Winning solves all problems and bad feelings.

Comment

• If he does come to WSU, would like to see him become a weight room warrior and do that Bosley thing before it's too late.

Comment

• I just want basketball season to start so we can focus on the players we already have... and the ones wr have already signed... :-)
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          I just want basketball season to start so we can focus on the players we already have... and the ones wr have already signed... :-)
                          Technically, we don't have anyone signed yet. Getting that done might clear up some things though.

Comment

• Offensively, Frankamp is Baker on steroids. The difference is on the defensive side, plus Baker being 3-4 inches taller.

Also, Baker has better moves to the glass. If Frankamp was taller, maybe he would, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              Offensively, Frankamp is Baker on steroids. The difference is on the defensive side, plus Baker being 3-4 inches taller.

Also, Baker has better moves to the glass. If Frankamp was taller, maybe he would, too.
                              I think you got that backwards. Baker is equal the shooter in my mind. Then he's bigger, stronger, and more athletic than Conner.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Its clear to me he has to be a focal point or its not worth it to him. I hope he does well somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X