Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    And Semi has 2 years remaining?
    No! Technically, he has 1.5 years; he'll lose the fall semester of his Junior year (fall 2015) and be eligible for the spring semester 2016; 2017 will be his senior year. I'm thick headed at times and could be all wet?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Semi will be going to K State anyway.

Comment

Hoping people will type their responses slowly, so I have a better chance to understand, but.................without playing this season, Frankamp has 3 years remaining; to be taken as 2nd semester next year, and the following 2 years complete?
        Correct.

1 year of 5 years of eligibility was burnt his freshman year when he played at KU. So 4 years left to play 3.

1/2 year of his 4 years left will be burnt this semester when he didn't play, so he has 3.5 years eligibility to play 3.

However he is now transfering so 1 year of his 3.5 years eligibility will be burnt due to transfers having to sit out a year starting the semester he transfers. So he will have 2.5 years left of his 5 years of eligibility when he finishes his sitting out requirement.

That leaves him with only 2.5 years to play of his original 5 years.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I mean do we even have a scholarship to offer Semi? Especially if Baker comes back. The numbers aren't matching in my head

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            No! Technically, he has 1.5 years; he'll lose the fall semester of his Junior year (fall 2015) and be eligible for the spring semester 2016; 2017 will be his senior year. I'm thick headed at times and could be all wet?
            Technically he as 2 years of eligibility remaining but remember that 1 game played in during a season = 1 year of eligibility used.

He can not play during the 1st semester next year because of the transfers rules requiring him to sit out a full academic year but that does not use up any of his eligibility. He will use up his 3rd year of eligibility next year as soon a he enters a game. If he does not play any games next season he will have used his redshirt year and still have 2 years of eligibility remaining which he must use over the next 2 years under the 5 to complete 4 rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
              I mean do we even have a scholarship to offer Semi? Especially if Baker comes back. The numbers aren't matching in my head
              We absolutely do not have a ship for Semi, but since we've already burned through 15+ for next year, might as well make it an even 20.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                I mean do we even have a scholarship to offer Semi? Especially if Baker comes back. The numbers aren't matching in my head
                I'm calling HCGM to let him know.

Comment

And Semi has 2 years remaining?
                  Correct.

2 seasons of 5 years of eligibility was burnt his freshman and sophomore year when he played at Duke. So 3.5 years eligibility to play 2 more seasons remains.

However he is now transfering so 1 year of his 3.5 years eligibility will be burnt due to transfers having to sit out a year starting the semester he transfers. So he will have 2.5 years left of his 5 years of eligibility when he finishes his sitting out requirement to play 2 remaining seasons (2.5 left to play 2).

His problem is that he is eligible to play starting next December, so he will miss 6ish games when he becomes eligible -- if he chooses to play that season.

If he chooses to play next season he will be eligible for about 80% of the games and then have one remaining season left.

Or he could sit out next season and would have two full seasons worth of playing time.

So for Semi it's play 1.8 seasons now or play 2 full seasons later-- his choice. Whereas Conner gets 2.8 seasons worth of games starting next December, no choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7hottamales View Post
                    Not really fair...it's easy to wish a guy transferring out well when it's driven by the coach. I don't recall such positive feelings about Mo or Ogirri...I don't suspect WSU fans would be very excited if Kelly announces tomorrow that he's transferring to Creighton or Tulsa.

Frankamp certainly made the right decision. His only mistake was not doing it last May, but you're kidding yourself if you think every fan base wouldn't react with spite or bitterness when anyone who figures into the rotation leaves completely on their own accord.
                    It all depends on the circumstances. If a player transferred because he thought he was too good for WSU, yes, there would be hard feelings. That's not the case with Conner. He didn't think he was going to be a factor playing for KU. Their fans have no legitimate reason to be upset with that, as it will allow The Rug to recruit another one-and-done for next year.

I find it especially funny how many of them claim The Rug doesn't try to talk players, especially one like Conner, into staying. Yet, according to just about everyone, that very thing happened this summer with none other than Conner.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      We absolutely do not have a ship for Semi, but since we've already burned through 15+ for next year, might as well make it an even 20.
                      Technically, we have at least 9 scholarships available next year. We have a total of 13 scholarships less the 4 that have been committed to the LOI signees. Those 4 are not set in stone until those kids are enrolled at WSU. The other 9 scholarships can be distributed any way 3G wants since those are year-to-year commitments.

As a practical matter only 3G and his staff have much of an idea of how they will utilize their 13 scholarships next year, and at this point, they may be operating under Plan A, Plan B, Plan C and Plan D depending on how circumstances develop.

I'm not sure Wichita State is on Semi's radar. The late Bob Hovey reported on Semi's recruiting thread that he was KSU's to lose (which they did). My guess is KSU is his most likely landing spot.

If he did become a Shocker then that would probably end any speculation of Mychal Mulder becoming a Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Correct.

2 seasons of 5 years of eligibility was burnt his freshman and sophomore year when he played at Duke. So 3.5 years eligibility to play 2 more seasons remains.

However he is now transfering so 1 year of his 3.5 years eligibility will be burnt due to transfers having to sit out a year starting the semester he transfers. So he will have 2.5 years left of his 5 years of eligibility when he finishes his sitting out requirement to play 2 remaining seasons (2.5 left to play 2).

His problem is that he is eligible to play starting next December, so he will miss 6ish games when he becomes eligible -- if he chooses to play that season.

If he chooses to play next season he will be eligible for about 80% of the games and then have one remaining season left.

Or he could sit out next season and would have two full seasons worth of playing time.

So for Semi it's play 1.8 seasons now or play 2 full seasons later-- his choice. Whereas Conner gets 2.8 seasons worth of games starting next December, no choice.
                        No need to over-complicate the issue. Going into next year Semi has 2 years of eligibility remaining. He will have 3 years to use those 2 years under the 5 to use 4 rule. If he decides to use one of those years next year he will be able to play in about 75% of next seasons games or he could redshirt next year and be able to play the following two seasons in full.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          No need to over-complicate the issue. Going into next year Semi has 2 years of eligibility remaining. He will have 3 years to use those 2 years under the 5 to use 4 rule. If he decides to use one of those years next year he will be able to play in about 75% of next seasons games or he could redshirt next year and be able to play the following two seasons in full.
                          I was trying to uncomplicate it for anybody wanting to understand why not just the end result. I believe I failed miserably though. :)

Comment

• Just curious. Has anyone heard whether Conner is enrolled and practicing with the Shocks yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
                              I'm calling HCGM to let him know.
                              Call in tonight and ask him if he's counted lately. I'll be listening. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                I'm not sure Wichita State is on Semi's radar. The late Bob Hovey reported on Semi's recruiting thread that he was KSU's to lose (which they did). My guess is KSU is his most likely landing spot.
                                Since he signed @ Duke, WSU has been to the Final Four, had a 35-1 season, and is currently a Top 15 program.

KSU?...... Not so much.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X