Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Semi is EXACTLY like Conner except that Conner left before the season started. Semi, wherever he goes will have to sit out until first semester (fall) finals are over next year. He will then be able to play spring semester and will still have two additional years remaining.
    Not sure I follow. My understanding is that by playing 17 games last year as a freshman and 6 games this year as a sophomore for Duke he has already burned 2 full years of eligibility. If he plays the spring semester next year that would be his 3rd year of eligibility. He would then have 1 year of eligibility remaining.

Conner has only utilized 1 year of eligibility at this point. The spring semester of next year would be his 2nd year of eligibility. He would have 2 year of eligibility remaining after that.

Is that not correct?
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 14, 2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Not sure I follow. My understanding is that by playing 17 games last year as a freshman and 6 games this year as a sophomore for Duke he has already burned 2 full years of eligibility. If he plays the spring semester next year that would be his 3rd year of eligibility. He would then have 1 year of eligibility remaining.

Conner has only utilized 1 year of eligibility at this point. The spring semester of next year would be his 2nd year of eligibility. He would have 2 year of eligibility remaining after that.

Is that not correct?
      Per the linked article he will have 2.5 years of eligibility remaining.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24887974/duke-forward-semi-ojeleye-to-transfer-from-school
      Livin the dream

Comment

Per the linked article he will have 2.5 years of eligibility remaining.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-...er-from-school
        You're right that the article says that. I just don't understand how that can be, though. I hope someone can chime in. He played last year. He played this year. That's two years. Maybe Coach K has some mafia connections and will have his leg broken so that he can get a medical redshirt.

Comment

• Probably a difference in a RS where you stay with that school and rules applied to transferring.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            You're right that the article says that. I just don't understand how that can be, though. I hope someone can chime in. He played last year. He played this year. That's two years. Maybe Coach K has some mafia connections and will have his leg broken so that he can get a medical redshirt.
            Eligibility is by semester. He has used three semesters. He must now sit out two for transferring and has 5 semesters remaining. He did not play in more than 1/3 of his teams games for the year so it doesn't count as a year of eligibility. It's not THAT difficult of a concept.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• So is Connor going to be in a situation similar to Dave Stallworth?

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                So is Connor going to be in a situation similar to Dave Stallworth?
                Yes... unless he red shirts half a season, assuming he can do that..
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  Yes... unless he red shirts half a season, assuming he can do that..
                  NO! He will be eligible Dec 12 next year as a sophomore. He must sit two semesters (first semester this year counts, so he basically loses it). He will play spring of 2016 and have two more years (4 semesters) remaining after that, effectively putting him in the same class as Brown, Henderson, Kelly, Morris, and Nurger.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Eligibility is by semester. He has used three semesters. He must now sit out two for transferring and has 5 semesters remaining. He did not play in more than 1/3 of his teams games for the year so it doesn't count as a year of eligibility. It's not THAT difficult of a concept.
                    I must not be that smart, because it doesn't sound that difficult but I'm still struggling.
                    Let's break down the timeline of what that article proposes.
                    2012-2013 -- First year played at Duke
                    2013-2014 - Played first semester at Duke/sits out second semester
                    2014-2015 - Sits out first semester/plays second semester
                    2015-2016 - Junior season
                    2016-2017 - Senior season

So he plays in five different seasons without taking a redshirt. You can only take five seasons if you redshirt. You cannot take a redshirt on a semester by semester basis. Otherwise we could still redshirt Henderson.

That's my hang up. But like I said... I'm not that smart.

Comment

I must not be that smart, because it doesn't sound that difficult but I'm still struggling.

So he plays in five different seasons without taking a redshirt. You can only take five seasons if you redshirt. You cannot take a redshirt on a semester by semester basis. Otherwise we could still redshirt Henderson.

All of the above is correct, except that you can't RS at semester if you are continually enrolled in that school for the remainder of the year. That is why we can't RS Brown or Henderson.

Detroit added two players to the game against us that hadn't previously played as one was ineligible first semester for academics and one transferred from Colorado at semester, hence sitting out two semesters and having 5 left.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Also, his RS is one academic year (two semesters) with the first being the spring and the second being the fall...so yes he is transferring and red shirting.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

All of the above is correct, except that you can't RS at semester if you are continually enrolled in that school for the remainder of the year. That is why we can't RS Brown or Henderson.

Detroit added two players to the game against us that hadn't previously played as one was ineligible first semester for academics and one transferred from Colorado at semester, hence sitting out two semesters and having 5 left.
                          Alright, I'll have to trust you. I didn't understand Citizen Kane either. I don't see how spring 2013-2014 and fall 2014-2015 counts as a redshirt season for the purposes of getting Semi his 5th season. It sounds like the NCAA understands it, though, and I guess that's all that matters.

Comment

• @wufan:: does that mean CF had no benefit in leaving the team prior to the start of the season? He could've played and announced right now when Semi did?

Comment

Eligibility is not by semester. You play one qualifying game in a season and you have used up a year of eligibility regardless of whether that game is played in the 1st or 2nd semester.

Comment

@wufan:: does that mean CF had no benefit in leaving the team prior to the start of the season? He could've played and announced right now when Semi did?
                                Maybe the benefit was getting out ASAP...Getting away from the stench, taking a bath to wash all of the Lawrence off of yourself and never having to pretend to be a part of the team for a couple months...

Comment

Working...
                                X