No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome home Conner! He should start practicing this week!!!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• The reason CF left the flagship was that BS confided in him that when he was being recruited to the flagship that he would be the coach for his entire time on campus. When BS leaves at the end of this year due to the pressure of competing or not with the likes of uk and the one and dones he will be moving to the nba and Oak City. Remember Bill is an Okie and okie state couldn't get him but the lure of a Kevin Durant and returning to more millions is going to be too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Welcome home Conner! He should start practicing this week!!!
        I am excited that Conner is a Shocker, and that he will be practicing with the team. I really don't care what they think or say up in Larryville. Welcome to Shocker Nation!
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• If Baker returns to play next Season, there could be match-ups that deem we go with FVV at the 1, Frankamp at the 2, and Baker at the 3. Now if we sign Mulder, and I sure hope we do, we could try FVV at the 1, Baker at the 2, and Mulder at the 3.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Isn't there still a possibility of Evan playing one more year, too? There's our 3.

Our cup looks like it is runneth over at the 1-3 positions.

What we need is an All American 6'9" plus JUCO Center to replace Carter.

Comment

• I imagine Eric Hamilton will be similar to Paris Bass next year. My guess is that HCGM is going to run with Morris/Nurger/Wamukota next year at center and Kelly/Hamilton at PF.

Yes, we are quite deep at guard next year...at least with bodies.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Bill Self doesn't want a player that's going to stay 4 years. He wants the best player that's going to go pro after 1 year. Now, you can argue semantics, but it's my belief that he prefers the one and done not only for the obvious reasons (they are great players) but also for the more subtle reasons (make grades for 1 semester and then all ball in the spring, every year).

I believe Conner was lied to by BS. Again, you can argue semantics and whether or not Conner had his eyes wide open to what goes on at the "flagship" but the idea that he "quit" on ku is absurd. It takes a special kind of beaker mentality to support that thought process. Good kids that keep their noses clean and work their tails off deserve a better fate, and I'll say that for Conner or any kid that's pushed out of WSU as well. I get the business and I understand the pressure to win....this is big time college athletics. But there should be SOME kind of checks and balances that balance the student with the athlete on some level.
                Where Bill screwed up with Conner is that he confused Conner Frankamp with Conner Teahan, someone who was willing to ride the pine as a walk-on for 4 years for the privelege of wearing the jersey. Of course, you can't ask a top 40 player to walk-on, hence the scholarship. Then, when BS consistently failed to recruit true point guards in favor on NBA prospects, Conner became something of an unplanned necessity. Conner, with a year on the bench to see that situation like it really is, said, crap, I really do want to play basketball, not just watch.

Now KU fans are desperately hoping that reincarnation is not real. They fear the return of Conner in another life - as the second coming of Ali Farouk Manesh... oh the humanity....
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  I am excited that Conner is a Shocker, and that he will be practicing with the team. I really don't care what they think or say up in Larryville. Welcome to Shocker Nation!
                  While I know it really doesn't matter until he's playing, I am interested to hear how the team chemistry develops once he starts practicing. Now that it's settled, and he's a Shocker, I want to see the young man on the court for real. I can only imagine the home crowd reaction the first time he subs in!

Comment

• As soon as he finishes the semester at KU and enrolls at WSU, Coach can talk about him.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Okay, so here are a few thoughts. No matter who or where we are playing next Season, we have sharpshooting guards such as FVV, Baker, Ria'n, Corey, Shamet,, Taylor, and Frankamp. So go ahead foes, make our day and pack-in a zone on us. We dare you. Now once that attempt fails, come on out and try to stop the raining of 3's and we will go inside and score, penetrate and score, go inside and kick it out and score. We also will have new options with the additions of McDuffie and I hope Mulder to compliment our bigs because of the loss of Cotton and Carter who are solid players to say the least. Wessel, Kelly, Shaq, and Rauno will only improve and we still have other Shockers still in the mix such as Brown, Glass, and Wamukota trying to crack out 10 man rotation this Season and Hamilton will arrive next Season. 17 players just mentioned but my math excludes me trying to figure it all out and it is not my responsibility. Yikes!!! Who knows, maybe we will see the need for an awesome Juco big for 18? Dunno but we never ever quit recruiting. Stay tuned but sleep well tonight, because it always gets hashed out.
                      Last edited by forevershockerfan; December 14, 2014, 12:13 PM.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        When players leave WSU, the fans usually wish them well. Heres a example of how KU treats theirs

http://kansas.scout.com/forums/2481-...amp-quit?s=172
                        Some should remind beaker fans that according the them, Self did have to talk Conner into coming back this year. How quickly they forget.

A classless bunch, they are.

Comment

• Pretty arrogant considering they are a Texas change of heart/whim from being in one of the "mid major" conferences they turn up their noses at.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            Okay, so here are a few thoughts. No matter who or where we are playing next Season, we have sharpshooting guards such as FVV, Baker, Ria'n, Corey, Shamet,, Taylor, and Frankamp. So go ahead foes, make our day and pack-in a zone on us. We dare you. Now once that attempt fails, come on out and try to stop the raining of 3's and we will go inside and score, penetrate and score, go inside and kick it out and score. We also will have new options with the additions of McDuffie and I hope Mulder to compliment our bigs because of the loss of Cotton and Carter who are solid players to say the least. Wessel, Kelly, Shaq, and Rauno will only improve and we still have other Shockers still in the mix such as Brown, Glass, and Wamukota trying to crack out 10 man rotation this Season and Hamilton will arrive next Season. 17 players just mentioned but my math excludes me trying to figure it all out and it is not my responsibility. Yikes!!! Who knows, maybe we will see the need for an awesome Juco big for 18? Dunno but we never ever quit recruiting. Stay tuned but sleep well tonight, because it always gets hashed out.
                            For us as fans and for the players, all we know is that in the end there will only be 13 players on scholarship. For Coach Marshall, he only need to count to 13.

Here are some examples of his counting below.

For the current players and incoming players:
                            13 - 2 = 11 + 4 = 15 - 2 (leave early, transfer, prep, walk-on) = 13

For Frankamp and/or Mulder:
                            13 - 2 = 11 + 5 = 16 - 3 (leave early, transfer, prep, walk-on) = 13

For both Frankamp and Mulder:
                            13 - 2 = 11 + 6 = 17 - 4 (leave early, transfer, prep, walk-on) = 13

Everything works out fine as long as the players decide that the choice to leave early, transfer, go to prep for a year, or walk on for a year is in their best interest.

The best case scenario would be having Baker graduate and go to the NBA, having Wessel graduates and pursues other interests, having Frankamp walk on for 2015-16, and not signing Mulder.

The worse case scenario would be that none of the eligible or potential incoming players take any of these choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              For us as fans and for the players, all we know is that in the end there will only be 13 players on scholarship. For Coach Marshall, he only need to count to 13.

Here are some examples of his counting below.

For the current players and incoming players:
                              13 - 2 = 11 + 4 = 15 - 2 (leave early, transfer, prep, walk-on) = 13

For Frankamp and/or Mulder:
                              13 - 2 = 11 + 5 = 16 - 3 (leave early, transfer, prep, walk-on) = 13

For both Frankamp and Mulder:
                              13 - 2 = 11 + 6 = 17 - 4 (leave early, transfer, prep, walk-on) = 13

Everything works out fine as long as the players decide that the choice to leave early, transfer, go to prep for a year, or walk on for a year is in their best interest.

The best case scenario would be having Baker graduate and go to the NBA, having Wessel graduates and pursues other interests, having Frankamp walk on for 2015-16, and not signing Mulder.

The worse case scenario would be that none of the eligible or potential incoming players take any of these choices.
                              You're telling me you would rather have Bush Wamukota back next year over Ron Baker?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                The best case scenario would be having Baker graduate and go to the NBA
                                Not if you are a selfish, greedy person like I am. I would love to have Ron back for another year.

OTOH, I have to admit I would be hard pressed to suppress a supersized That-A-Boy if Ron was a 1st round draft pick.

Kind of nice to be in a win-in situation with Ron.

Comment

Working...
                                X