Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I think that is exactly what Coach would offer him. Walk-on, earn a spot, add the scholarship when he becomes eligible if he earns it.
    Personally, I would find it borderline impossible that a player of Connor's talent would accept walking on anywhere and having to earn a scholarship.

Comment

• He is coming here. He will pay his way,initially, becuz of schollie room. Its already done. Not CU SMU or ... Newman lol. If HCGM wants him, you should trust in his judgement.
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
        He is coming here. He will pay his way,initially, becuz of schollie room. Its already done. Not CU SMU or ... Newman lol. If HCGM wants him, you should trust in his judgement.
        Source?

Comment

He is coming here. He will pay his way,initially, becuz of schollie room. Its already done. Not CU SMU or ... Newman lol. If HCGM wants him, you should trust in his judgement.
          As a rule of thumb, it's best to not confirm anything until publicly announced.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I thought that was Lew Perkins. Are you implying that Conner may actually be Lew's illegitimate kid? Come to think of it there is some physical resemblance there.
            Lew Perkins is more like Adolf Hitler. Not the devil, exactly, but the closest _humanly_ possible thing to it.

But a "Bluejayhawk"? I shudder to even type that.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Just doesnt make much sense to decide to leave the program two weeks before the season starts. you got no playing time last year. Then they recruit numerous players for the same position this year. If you were thinking about it for a long time (which I believe considering the rumors on here from atleast a year ago) Then why not leave over the summer?

I might not be a smart man.... But thats just dumb

Comment

• I'm expecting Conner will be a walk on Shocker and happy for it.
                Last edited by tropicalshox; October 31, 2014, 05:05 PM.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• If he comes here, we could dub Conner the anti-Dreiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                    Just doesnt make much sense to decide to leave the program two weeks before the season starts. you got no playing time last year. Then they recruit numerous players for the same position this year. If you were thinking about it for a long time (which I believe considering the rumors on here from atleast a year ago) Then why not leave over the summer?

My guess is that he assumed his performance in the NCAA tournament earned him a starting spot, but as practices have been progressing he keeps having to play for the B or C team. Probably asked Self about it and didn't like the response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Especially after Matt McQuaid reneged on his commit and chose Michigan State. Very similar players.
                      How ironic if Larry Brown were poaching from the beakers? There's probably no chance that Conner is going to SMU, but what a sweet rumor to start! LOL

Comment

That would imply he pays his way for 3 semesters. Spring 2015 and the 2015-16 academic year. He would be eligible to play beginning the second semester of next year. I assume as a walk-on he would be able to begin practicing with the Shockers once he is enrolled in school in the upcoming Spring semester. Again assuming he ends up at WSU.

I trust 3G's judgment and I also trust that he won't put up with any selfishness or other bullshit and I'm sure that 3G will make it clear that playing time as a Shocker is not an entitlement. It is earned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          If he comes here, we could dub Conner the anti-Dreiling.

It's only justice if KU then goes on probation.

Comment

Just doesnt make much sense to decide to leave the program two weeks before the season starts. you got no playing time last year. Then they recruit numerous players for the same position this year. If you were thinking about it for a long time (which I believe considering the rumors on here from atleast a year ago) Then why not leave over the summer?

You are so right Forest.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              It's only justice if KU then goes on probation.
                              I'm not even gonna say what sort of involuntary physical reaction I experienced when reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                You are so right Forest.
                                I was thinking the same thing!

The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X