Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
    I am surer that the KU failure will do well next year.
    That KU failure is now wearing black and gold. Are you going to cheer against him?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      Other places are saying Semi would still have 2.5 years left. So it is a weird situation.
      This is just one media outlet after another picking up on what someone threw out in an article without doing any fact checking or giving any thought to it. Basically a bunch of parrots mindlessly repeating something they heard.

Technically, Semi will have 2.5 years of his 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. However, he only has 2 more years of eligibility remaining and that could be used up in as few as 2 games although I'm sure he will see plenty of playing time at SMU. Conner will also have 2.5 years of his 5 years to complete his 4 years of eligibility but, unlike Semi, Conner has 3 years of eligibility remaining. He will use 1 year of eligibility during the Spring semester next year and will have 2 years left to complete his final 2 years of eligibility (absent any medical or hardship waivers).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        That KU failure is now wearing black and gold. Are you going to cheer against him?
        No way Jose, if Marshall can take a KU reject I am full on board!
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Don't know if you're being facetious, trying to stir the sh*t or what, but it was CF who rejected the chickenhawks. Not the other way around.
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
            Don't know if you're being facetious, trying to stir the sh*t or what, but it was CF who rejected the chickenhawks. Not the other way around.
            The writing was on the wall, he and his daddy decided to take their ball somewhere else.

He failed to win a meaningful role at KU so I guess he would be the KU failure, not the reject.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

The writing was on the wall, he and his daddy decided to take their ball somewhere else.

He failed to win a meaningful role at KU so I guess he would be the KU failure, not the reject.
              So would a walk-on be a success, since he decides to stay at KU?!
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                So would a walk-on be a success, since he decides to stay at KU?!
                Depends on how the individual defines success, everyone is different.

Some are happy to sit on the bench and just be part of the experience while others want more and quitting is the solution.

Comment

• Don't pay too much attention to JJ. He tends to be more of a provocateur than a fan on this board.

Comment

No way Jose, if Marshall can take a KU quitter I am full on board!
                    Fixed

Comment

I am surer that the KU failure will do well next year.
                      Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

Depends on how the individual defines success, everyone is different.

Some are happy to sit on the bench and just be part of the experience while others want more and quitting is the solution.
                      Fixed
                      You sound a little pissed-off that CF quit the chickenhawks. Get your heart broken?
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                        You sound a little pissed-off that CF quit the chickenhawks. Get your heart broken?
                        No just disappointed that he was taken by the Shox.

Comment

No just disappointed that he was taken by the Shox.
                          I agree. CF has been on the market since December 2013. As good a coach as Gregg is, he couldn't tell CF no. Don't want to drag on the discussion, just don't see a good connect.

Comment

• These are the kind of posts that need to get brought back up once he starts playing. It will be interesting to see which camp ends up being right. I don't know. He may tank. He may be exactly what we need after Baker leaves. You can't pass up on a guy like him, though. Lots of schools were interested and he was named the top mid season transfer by some outlet I read at the time. I can't remember. Seems weird to me to assume it will be at all negative at this point.

Comment

• I'm as excited about Conner as anyone else we have coming in next year. He may play a ton or very little, but there's always room for a good shooter so long as he plays within the system.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• I have no clue how Conner will do as a Shocker. However, he at least deserves a fair opportunity to prove what he can do. Besides what are we losing at this point. He is a non-scholarship player who has a chance to earn a scholarship if he proves worthy and earns it. Maybe that will happen next year, maybe the year after, maybe never. We will see. Personally, I hope he does great. His past dalliances with KU are of no real significance at this point IMHO.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 1, 2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X