No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know that Christmas is coming soon? By the way, Merry Christmas everyone.
    We will be going to Hawaii. That should be fun. Then the league season begins. Later in March, there is Arch Madness, and then the fun begins with March Madness. Wouldn't it be fun if we won some games and made a March Madness run?

Oh, and then I'll begin to look at how next year will shake out.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      You're telling me you would rather have Bush Wamukota back next year over Ron Baker?
      Well, when it's put that way, then the best case scenario would be for both Bush Wamukota and Tevin Glass to transfer. Or have one or two of the incoming players go prep for a year.

Comment

• One more year of Ron Baker is worth 3 more years of any player presently playing (except FVV and Cotton who graduates) or recruited to play next year - PERIOD!

Comment

• I don't like naming names when it comes to players not returning, but with the talent we have coming in I have a feeling Marshall isn't going to give a long leash to guys who can't figure it out. Unless he sees tremendous upside and has time to work with them, you have to think we will be cutting some guys loose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I don't like naming names when it comes to players not returning, but with the talent we have coming in I have a feeling Marshall isn't going to give a long leash to guys who can't figure it out. Unless he sees tremendous upside and has time to work with them, you have to think we will be cutting some guys loose.
            Players always transfer. This year will certainly be no different.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Players always transfer. This year will certainly be no different.
              Out of the players currently on the roster, who would be the ones to potentially transfer assuming we don't have a couple leave early?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Out of the players currently on the roster, who would be the ones to potentially transfer assuming we don't have a couple leave early?
                I have some guesses, but I have no idea. No reason to guess. Someone will. Someone always does for one reason or another.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Not if you are a selfish, greedy person like I am. I would love to have Ron back for another year.

OTOH, I have to admit I would be hard pressed to suppress a supersized That-A-Boy if Ron was a 1st round draft pick.

Kind of nice to be in a win-in situation with Ron.
                  You always hate to lose players early to the pro leagues, but once they leave, they also become a walking recruiting tool.

Ultimately, what's best for Baker is best long term for WSU as well, as long as he's successful.

I hated players leaving FSU early until a few years ago when a guy turned down a first round draft slot to return, suffered a lisfranc injury in game #1 of the next season, and ruined his NFL draft stock. If you can go in the first round, go.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Is there a trend towards transferring at semester? Conner, Semi, two So Miss players just a couple days ago.

In a way it makes sense. If you are buried on the end of the bench, if the chemistry is really bad, why not salvage a SECOND semester that holds 60/70% of the games
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Since all this talk of counting is silly and premature anyway, let me troll you speculators with this: Semi Ojeleye (6-8 and 230, from Ottawa -- KS, not Ontario) has said he's leaving Duke to transfer to another D-1. If he was recruited by Duke, he certainly has some talent, and didn't he have a thread in the Recruiting forum? So why not go for 18?

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Edit to get back on topic (imagine that on Shockernet) -- I just saw this in a post from Prez about Frankamp: "I understand that leaving when he did put the rug in a pickle..."

Bill Self as The Rug -- The Rug who can't remember Marshall's call asking for a series. That's the nickname of the week, or maybe the month. A big tip of the rug to ShockerPrez.
                      Last edited by WSUwatcher; December 14, 2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        Since all this talk of counting is silly and premature anyway, let me troll you speculators with this: Semi Ojeleye (6-8 and 230, from Ottawa -- KS, not Ontario) has said he's leaving Duke to transfer to another D-1. If he was recruited by Duke, he certainly has some talent, and didn't he have a thread in the Recruiting forum? So why not go for 18?

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!
                        I would LOVE to get Semi, but if he returns to Kansas I think it will be as a Wildcat.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          Is there a trend towards transferring at semester? Conner, Semi, two So Miss players just a couple days ago.

In a way it makes sense. If you are buried on the end of the bench, if the chemistry is really bad, why not salvage a SECOND semester that holds 60/70% of the games
                          Conner's situation is a little different form Semi's. Since Conner did not play any this year hid did not use up a year of eligibility. Therefore, he will have effectively about 2.75 years of eligibility assuming he does, in fact, enroll in this upcoming Spring Semester. Semi played both last year and this year. Therefore, assuming he transfers mid-term he would the 2nd semester of next year would use up his 3rd year of enrollment with 1 year remaining. At his point he could wait until next year's fall semester to enroll, sit out a year then have 2 full years left under the 5 to finish 4 rule. I doubt it that would be worth it though for an extra 8 games or so.

Comment

• Semi is EXACTLY like Conner except that Conner left before the season started. Semi, wherever he goes will have to sit out until first semester (fall) finals are over next year. He will then be able to play spring semester and will still have two additional years remaining.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• If Semi comes to WSU for example, he will be eligible to play against Utah on December 12th as a sophomore.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Semi is EXACTLY like Conner except that Conner left before the season started. Semi, wherever he goes will have to sit out until first semester (fall) finals are over next year. He will then be able to play spring semester and will still have two additional years remaining.
                                How can that be the case? Connor is effectively taking a redshirt year this year. Semi is not since he played this year. He's now used up two years of eligibility unless I'm missing something.

Comment

Working...
                                X