Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    We know it is. Could we take turns borrowing it for show and tell? You would not charge us to do so, right?
    Depends on which museum you are the curator of and whether it's properly insured for "priceless" items.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ciaomichael View Post
      What? North High is changing its name from the Redskins? Is USD259 going all PC on us again? Last time this happened they forced South High to change its name from Rebels to Titans.
      I'm a proud North High grad. The school's name is an embarassment. Changing it isn't "PC", it's the only decent thing to do.
      I'd hate to have it be the North High Spics, or North High Gooks, or North High Niggers, or North High Kikes, or North High Krauts or North High Micks
      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
        I'm a proud North High grad. The school's name is an embarassment. Changing it isn't "PC", it's the only decent thing to do.
        I'd hate to have it be the North High Spics, or North High Gooks, or North High Niggers, or North High Kikes, or North High Krauts or North High Micks
        Agreed. It needs to be changed. As does the Washington nickname.

Comment

Only everything you offered as analogous is actually openly meant to be used in a derogatory manner. No one calls an Indian a redskin in modern culture, and I'd be real surprised if it was ever widely used in a negative connotation.

Comment

I have yet to meet a North High Alum of Native American heritage that would agree with you.

On the contrary, I know Native American NHS alums who were proud to be recognized and involved in school activities that celebrated their culture.

In the past it seems that most of those who have had a problem with the name and mascot were not affiliated with the school nor were Native Americans.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
              Agreed. It needs to be changed. As does the Washington nickname.
              And Peter Pan needs to disappear. He is a racist.

Comment

• I am afraid that this thread has taken a nasty turn to the left.

Let's stay in the middle of the road and say nuttin'.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I like the middle of the road. It's a good place to be.

Comment

• Welcome aboard Conner! Hope you drive Bill Self nutty!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                      I like the middle of the road. It's a good place to be.
                      @Shock Therapy: san, must talk.

Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later get squish just like grape. Here, basketball, same thing. Either you Conner do "yes" or Conner do "no." You Conner do "guess so", just like grape.

Understand?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        @Shock Therapy san, must talk.

Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later get squish just like grape. Here, basketball, same thing. Either you Conner do "yes" or Conner do "no." You Conner do "guess so", just like grape.

Understand?
                        Hahahah, with Connor I'm all in. For life in general, it's the middle of the road. You're not the first person to say that. It's a false dichotomy.

Comment

• First game after Frankamp announced his decision, WSU's regular season win streak is snapped!!!

Maybe @Kung Wu: is right about this AntiShocker thing!!!

Just kidding comrades! Just trying to ease the mood after a tough loss ;)
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            I have yet to meet a North High Alum of Native American heritage that would agree with you.

On the contrary, I know Native American NHS alums who were proud to be recognized and involved in school activities that celebrated their culture.

In the past it seems that most of those who have had a problem with the name and mascot were not affiliated with the school nor were Native Americans.
                            How hard would it be to change their name to the Braves, Chiefs, or Warriors? Would seem like a reasonable compromise..

I wonder how long it will be before womens group demand the "Shockers" change their name...?? (just a random thought)...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              How hard would it be to change their name to the Braves, Chiefs, or Warriors? Would seem like a reasonable compromise..
                              What about Indians, or will that also set off the PC alarms?
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                First game after Frankamp announced his decision, WSU's regular season win streak is snapped!!!

Maybe @Kung Wu: is right about this AntiShocker thing!!!

Just kidding comrades! Just trying to ease the mood after a tough loss ;)
                                Still fighting to get back on topic...

Well, it (the loss) was bound to happen sometime, so against WSU's toughest regular season opponent, on the road, in OT, was about as good a circumstance as possible.

Meanwhile, this should just make FVV even more driven to succeed than he was before, if that's possible. And it's a reminder that a little extra three-point shooting and free throw accuracy -- Frankamp's specialties -- would always come in handy.

Comment

Working...
                                X