Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Still fighting to get back on topic...

Well, it (the loss) was bound to happen sometime, so against WSU's toughest regular season opponent, on the road, in OT, was about as good a circumstance as possible.

Meanwhile, this should just make FVV even more driven to succeed than he was before, if that's possible. And it's a reminder that a little extra three-point shooting and free throw accuracy -- Frankamp's specialties -- would always come in handy.
    My post was only in jest, but I agree, wholly, with your points.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      @Shock Therapy san, must talk.

Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later get squish just like grape. Here, basketball, same thing. Either you Conner do "yes" or Conner do "no." You Conner do "guess so", just like grape.

Understand?
      Do you think Conner will be waxing 3G's cars, sanding his deck and painting his house and fence this summer?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Do you think Conner will be waxing 3G's cars, sanding his deck and painting his house and fence this summer?
        What a boss move; making Daniel do all his bitchwork and calling it "training" while he goes and fishes all day.

You da man Miyagi!
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          On Conner's off day I do.

Comment

• Start a thread for North's nickname, stop talking about it in here please.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Conners brother Kevin put out a song. Its a rap song and is in the same style as MGK. Check it out if you are into that.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Did anyone see this?

"Frankamp will be eligible to play in games on Dec. 12, 2015, the day after WSU ends final exams for the fall semester. WSU is working with the NCAA to determine when he can practice after completing his exams at Kansas later this month." http://www.hutchnews.com/sports/ncaa...0bf885648.html

"Utah returns the game at Intrust Bank Arena on Dec. 12, 2015." http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...le4270961.html

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  This is great! However, after last night, I'd rather Utah come enjoy a rabid Koch Arena experience.
                  Against Utah I am bringing my A game no matter where it's played.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This is great! However, after last night, I'd rather Utah come enjoy a rabid Koch Arena experience.
                    Totally agree. I'm generally disappointed that our best (hypothetically) visitor each year only gets to experience the staid Design-By-Committee Bank Arena, rather than our own on-campus Cauldron of Hellfire. I'm proud of what CKA represents; I'm on the lower side of "meh" with regards to IBA. I guess if it fills the coffers that much more and makes the man 3G giddy, then so be it.

Comment

I don't know. After last night I'm expecting next years IBA game to sell out much faster. And we've had that place get surprisingly loud with only 10,000.

Comment

• I am unable to locate the comments to quote them, but I recall some comments about Conner needing to bulk up from 6' 165 pounds. I do not disagree, but the roster currently posted on goshockers.com has Ri'an listed as 6' 148. But I had seen one roster that showed 6'1" and 152. I'd like to see Ri'an bulk up some, too.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• When players leave WSU, the fans usually wish them well. Heres a example of how KU treats theirs

Stay up to date with all the Kansas Jayhawks sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            When players leave WSU, the fans usually wish them well. Heres a example of how KU treats theirs

http://kansas.scout.com/forums/2481-...amp-quit?s=172
                            You can't really argue with anything they say.

I guess he and his dad could not cut it at KU and he quit, pretty simple.

Whether it is true or not, when he chooses WSU as his next stop it just fuels the fire that this is an easier level of basketball.

If the quitter is a huge success they will point to that as an example of mid-major vs. the elite level. If he is a bust at WSU it will be because he was not good enough in the first place at any D-1 school.

Marshall has done little that is wrong since he came to WSU and he is a better judge of horseflesh than I am but I question his judgement in this case.

Time will tell.
                            Last edited by JJClamdip; December 14, 2014, 06:51 AM.
                            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Bill Self doesn't want a player that's going to stay 4 years. He wants the best player that's going to go pro after 1 year. Now, you can argue semantics, but it's my belief that he prefers the one and done not only for the obvious reasons (they are great players) but also for the more subtle reasons (make grades for 1 semester and then all ball in the spring, every year).

I believe Conner was lied to by BS. Again, you can argue semantics and whether or not Conner had his eyes wide open to what goes on at the "flagship" but the idea that he "quit" on ku is absurd. It takes a special kind of beaker mentality to support that thought process. Good kids that keep their noses clean and work their tails off deserve a better fate, and I'll say that for Conner or any kid that's pushed out of WSU as well. I get the business and I understand the pressure to win....this is big time college athletics. But there should be SOME kind of checks and balances that balance the student with the athlete on some level.

Comment

• It's fine when a player who plans to be at KU for 4 years is urged to leave. But if the player decides to leave he is a dirtbag....

Ok. Got it.

Now. I understand that leaving when he did put the rug in a pickle, but Connor wouldn't have been any good anyway, right? After all he's mid major talent.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X