Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    I just had a good laugh. I ventured over to the K State fan forum to see what their conversations were about after last weeks losses to Long Beach State, and the Pittsburg beat down. They were making some comments about Conner and WSU that were patronizing. They basically said that Conner couldn't make it in the Big 12 and that this was a good fit for him because he would work out better in a mid-major place like WSU and the Valley. Again, this is after they just lost to Long Beach and they are patronizing a Top 10 (ranked 8th) Are they kidding? :)
    KSU fans play the "mid-major" card too much. It's the utmost sign of insecurity. Anybody remember BCSCat? There's a classic example right there in something as simple as a screen name.

Definitely ironic since their high-major athletes couldn't handle those poor little Big West mid-major athletes a week ago.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Definitely ironic since their high-major athletes couldn't handle those poor little Big West mid-major athletes a week ago.
      Not to mention how they fared vs BCSPitt compared to how BCSPitt fared against a certain little old mid-major in the NCAA Tournament a couple of years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        KSU fans play the "mid-major" card too much. It's the utmost sign of insecurity. Anybody remember BCSCat? There's a classic example right there in something as simple as a screen name.

KState is one more Bill Snyder retirement away from being irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
          Tin foil hat time:

My biggest concern is if Conner Frankamp is a mole.

Remember what happened during the previous WSU successes. NCAA investigations and sanctions. Now, I realize that the NCAA is no longer on KU's doorstep, but that has been a consistent pattern that has played out through history. What if CF is being inserted as a sleeper agent who will then bring all sorts of false charges on Marshall? What would his payoff be? Lifetime season tickets to Allen Fieldhouse for his family for starters? Inclusion in the inner sanctum of KU athletics? Would he sacrifice his NBA potential, fall on his metaphorical sword, to ensure the continued glory of the KU program in comparison to it's poor southern cousin? Even so, it's a big gamble for KU. Times must be desperate to conceive of a plan like this. If it fails, they may well cede their ownership of the City League.

Morpheus: The pill you took is part of a trace program. It's designed to disrupt your input/output carrier signal so we can pinpoint your location.
          Neo: What does that mean?
          Cypher: It means, buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, because Kansas is going bye-bye.
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockvalue
            My concerns center directly around the emotional intangibles here - a trojan horse of sorts. It seems many sources echo a sentiment that CF and his father are as one, and as one they are a high-maintenance, self-centered PITA. Even the emotionally stripped-down media reports of the CF-KU separation reveal as much in a patently obvious manner. This all in a WSU program that has built its success on selflessness, NOT the converse. It scares me a bit, and unless you are sunshine pumper extraordinaire it should be cause for at least a tiny bit of concern for every one of you as well. Many believe that cliff the program fell off of from 05-06 to 06-07 was a clear and direct result of team chemistry, NOT talent.
            Awww come on, man. Team chemistry in 06/07 was due to the wrong player's weeney suddenly popping up in another player's girlfriend. So to speak.

We've had plenty of cocky bastards under Marshall and he's shown that he can manage it and even channel that energy in a positive fashion. Conner is obviously very serious about the game and doesn't strike me as a wandering weeney, mow-another-teammate's-lawn type of guy.

I think the chemistry is going to be just fine. I hope he brings some swagger and tosses darts Goudelock syyle.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The proper response, to any patronizing from a K-State fan is, and always will be, uncontrollable laughter.

It works for me, it will work for you too.

Comment

• Really excited about Conner, the new recruits, and the returning players next year! Gregg is really setting this program up for success for 4 more years! I think Conner will thrive at WSU, as much as any talented player that works their arse off. Also, I don't know how Conner will impact team chemistry, and I don't know what involvement Marty will have in the program, but my experience with him (as an acquaintance) has not been stellar. I have no doubt that Marshall will work it out though!
                Livin the dream

Comment

• EcoKat!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                    The proper response, to any patronizing from a K-State fan is, and always will be, uncontrollable laughter.

It works for me, it will work for you too.
                    You know K-State is mad that Conner didn't even consider them both times. Lol. It's just in a Ksu fans nature to be some what peeved/rendered insecure by the whole ordeal.

Comment

• Don't think there was doubt in anybodys mind he was going to end up a Shocker, although had he went to Colorado that would have been ok with me. And for the idiot that said Connor jacked up 30 shots a game in high school, I can 100% say that is not even close to being true. While he was the heart and soul at North High for the years he was there, he did what he could to get others involved. If I recall, he was in the top 10 in assists per game his junior and senior years. Now I know that comment didn't come from somebody on this board, but that's my rebuttal to it.

I know I take a lot of heat for being a K-State fan as well, but that's too bad. WSU is and always will be my #1 team, and I can say that WSU would easily wipe the floor with both of our other in-state programs this season. Although I do think KU, as much as I hate to say it, would give the Shockers a little bit more of a challenge. I think it's a damn shame somebody doesn't step in and force KU and K-State to play the Shockers every year.

As for Marty, ever encounter I've ever had with him, either on or off the court, has been nothing but cordial. So I don't get when people say they've seen a different side of him. And I can guarantee if, and that's a big if, he becomes a problem, HCGM will quickly make him a non-problem

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Phog.net Doesnt understand our program. Here are a summary of their concerns

1. CF cant play D

3G has proven time and time again he knows and can teach D

2. CF isnt a team player

He played 2min per game at KU- How do they know.

3. CF was only great in High school because he jacked up the ball 30+ times a game

WSU’s system will get CF his share of looks. RB, FVV and TC will teach him discipline

4. CF’s Dad is a pain, that KU couldnt take.

CF left KU, KU didnt ask him to leave. I heard the same about Perry Ellis’s Mother. Sounds like overblown BS to me

5. The players KU has now are leaps and bounds better.

Have watched every KU game so far, I havent seen it yet.

CF looked good in KU/Stanford last year. This kid came up big in a high stress situation.

Time will tell...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I'm pumped big time, Welcome Conner to Shocker Nation. You will look better in Black and Gold instead of that pale blue and red...I think our guard situation with the current and the ones coming in next year is solid, real solid. Going to be fun watching Conner spot up and Fred driving in the lane and kicking it out for a THREEEEEE

Comment

• Sounds like some sour grapes to me coming out of phog net....Conner can ball it, he just didn't see enough floor time. Watched 3-4 ku games, and belive me they could use some Frankamp. I'm sure ku will be fine but I think the Shockers will be a little bit finer

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              For your trouble, we have elected Mr. Kung Wu to also furnish you with a gallon jug of fortified bubbly Manischewitz to keep you warm and in the spirits on your way back to the North Pole.
                              Only in the off season! And only when you turn 21!

Comment

• Well ... on the one hand, thank goodness Conner is not the Antishock that our ancestral coaches forewarned us of. On the other hand, if he WAS the antishock, there would be a ton of new photoshop material to choose from. So in that aspect, this is a bitter sweet victory for Kung Wu.

But any time we pick up a 4* recruit that can shoot lights out, it's a great SEASON to be a Shocker!

rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah

Comment

Working...
                                X