No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my plea to everyone on Twitter - quit baiting Gottlieb and don't take his bait, either. The guy obviously has nothing better to do than antagonize our fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
      http://rushthecourt.net/2014/01/06/its-about-time-wichita-state-and-kansas-play-each-other/

Adding fuel to the fire.
      I wouldn't say we are "historically mediocre", but I appreciate the support of the KUvWSU series.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        I wouldn't say we are "historically mediocre", but I appreciate the support of the KUvWSU series.
        I agree. We are either historically bad or historically good. We rarely occupy the middle ground.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Really surprised Goatfeed's superiors have not taken him aside and told him to STFU on Twitter. Like some people can't handle their alcohol, some people can't handle their Tweets.
          Could be that the concept of "give him enough rope to hang himself" is in play.

Comment

• Much to a few Shockernetters' chagrin, this post is going to be about Gottlieb.

Gottlieb is an interesting case. Once upon a time, sports analysts had a few tools they could use to rise to the top. Knowledge. Delivery. Humor. Wit. Looks. The good ones had to have all 5 at least to some degree; the great ones had to be excellent in at least 4. The one commmon denominator is they all had to be likeable people.

Now Gottlieb is taking the modern phenomenon of internet antaganism and trying to troll his way to the top. You look at his twitter and you read his articles and you can see that it's not just Wichita State he's getting into it with. He had a national newsworthy spat with Notre Dame's Garrick Sherman. KU fans were chanting at him the other night. Etc. Gottlieb is trying to go against the mold and be a heel analyst, known for his unlikeability.

So much of people's internet "worth" seems to revolve around how funny, smart, and witty of a degradation they can make about a given subject. I think it stems from the humor inherent in cynicism. You make a post about a team? Let me tell you why they are overrated. You like a song? Let me tell you why its insipid and dull. You You like a movie? Let me tell you why it sucks. It's probably one of the more common posts people make on internet forums. One of the more common blog topics. One of the more common comments on a news story. Internet users line up to try to put things down.

Gottlieb's trying to take that to the sports analyst world. My guess is that it's unsustainable. Yeah, his name is "rising," but for what? What can you actually accomplish, what can you actually build out of a lot of people hating you? Not much.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I actually liked Gottlieb at one point. In 2006 when we went to the Sweet 16 he had some good things to say about us. As for now, i will just be classy and ignore the classless.
              “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Wichita State Shockers (15-0, No. 6): BUY

I am not one of those bold souls who are predicting that the Shockers will complete an undefeated regular season, but I have to say it's hard to look at their schedule and find a spot where they are going to lose. The Missouri Valley Conference is down this year, but it does have some of the best fan bases in the country, and I suspect there will come a day or two when the Shockers stink up the joint and get beat. Even so, this team made the Final Four last year for a reason, and as it holds its place near the top of the rankings throughout the season, the buzz is going to be off the charts.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2peYPSowE
                Seth Davis hoop thoughts stock Report.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Seth Davis hoop thoughts stock Report.
                  Tennessee Volunteers (10-4): BUY
                  Saint Louis Billikens (13-2): HOLD

Baylor Bears (12-1, No. 7): SELL
                  Ohio State Buckeyes (15-0, No. 3): SELL
                  Wisconsin Badgers (15-0, No. 4): SELL
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted.

Stuart Scott
                    @StuartScott
                    Yo @Clearly_BallLyf & @FredVanVleet .. Like doin your hilights. Keep it up!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                      Not sure if this has been posted.

Stuart Scott
                      @StuartScott
                      Yo @Clearly_BallLyf & @FredVanVleet .. Like doin your hilights. Keep it up!!
                      that tweet is when you know the team has made it in the eyes of the national media. They are getting a lot of love from ESPN now. I wonder how much pull ESPN has with the MVC TV package that they can change games to get more WSU on their network?

Comment

• #5 in Bilas's latest rankings.

Watching the Shockers against Northern Iowa, it is clear that this is a very good team. Smart and resilient, Wichita State continues to play through adversity. The Bilastrator is still convinced that Wichita State is not nearly as good at driving the ball as it was last season, but Cleanthony Early is a future pro and one of the very best players in the country. Early must be forced left, and defenders cannot go for his fakes or he will cut you up. Fred VanVleet has settled into the point guard position and has a 4-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio. He doesn't have great speed, but he changes speeds very well.

Comment

• Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 15m
                          Tekele Cotton from Wich St RT @TweetMeMikeC: Who is the best defensive guard in the country behind Craft?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                            Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 15m
                            Tekele Cotton from Wich St RT @TweetMeMikeC: Who is the best defensive guard in the country behind Craft?
                            Wrong...in front of Craft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                              Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 15m
                              Short memory. Needs to check last year's box score...

shox also mentioned in the video on that page. This year's Gonzaga. Will get a high seed in the tourney regardless of what happens in the Valley.
                              Last edited by jocoshock; January 8, 2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Go get'em Mike!
                                @Shockerv:oice: @SethDavisHoops @vbird53: @TweetMeMikeC no way you could have seen Craft and Cotton on the same court and come away thinking Craft was better

Comment

Working...
                                X