Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big day in Bristol

WSU coach Gregg Marshall will fly to ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, Conn. on Wednesday for a marathon session with many of the network’s outlets.

He is scheduled for an ESPN.com chat at 3:35 p.m with an appearance on PTI after. He is scheduled for a live shot on SportsCenter at 4:15, 5:40 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. After dinner in the ESPN Cafe, he will talk on the halftime show during the Pittsburgh-Syracuse game.

Radio and magazine interviews are also scheduled before his day at ESPN is finished.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/02/11/328...#storylink=cpy
    If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• I hope for *******'s sake he isn't in the home office. It will be like the this is sports center commercial with evader holifield.

Comment

• Interesting article from last year and some good pics, sorry I couldn't figure out how to get the pics posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
          Big day in Bristol

WSU coach Gregg Marshall will fly to ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, Conn. on Wednesday for a marathon session with many of the network’s outlets.

He is scheduled for an ESPN.com chat at 3:35 p.m with an appearance on PTI after. He is scheduled for a live shot on SportsCenter at 4:15, 5:40 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. After dinner in the ESPN Cafe, he will talk on the halftime show during the Pittsburgh-Syracuse game.

Radio and magazine interviews are also scheduled before his day at ESPN is finished.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/02/11/328...#storylink=cpy
          That's good information, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            I hope for *******'s sake he isn't in the home office. It will be like the this is sports center commercial with evader holifield.
            Please let him be. I want to see Marshall bop the guy.

Comment

• I wonder if they will film a this is SportsCenter commercial while he is there. Maybe Wu made the trip with him.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                I wonder if they will film a this is SportsCenter commercial while he is there. Maybe Wu made the trip with him.
                Would that help ease the Dr's pain about not having a U for a little bit?
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Would that help ease the Dr's pain about not having a U for a little bit?
                  HCGM will probably voice the good Doc's frustration and we'll have a "U" before the evening bell.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                    I wonder if they will film a this is SportsCenter commercial while he is there. Maybe Wu made the trip with him.
                    I really want to see a This is SportsCenter commercial of him giving a halftime speech to the anchors:

"IF WE BELIEVE WE DESERVE IT, ITS GONNA HAPPEN! REPORT ANGRY LETS GO!"

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                      Interesting article from last year and some good pics, sorry I couldn't figure out how to get the pics posted.

http://www.thestate.com/2013/04/05/2...inal-four.html
                      Can you imagine being a South Carolina fan watching Gregg's progression into the coaching elite while your team sits at rock bottom of the SEC?

That's a disturbing thought.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        Can you imagine being a South Carolina fan watching Gregg's progression into the coaching elite while your team sits at rock bottom of the SEC?

That's a disturbing thought.
                        Of course I'd prefer that they don't have to go looking again anytime in the near future.
                        "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Once again, Ken Pomeroy shows why he is the best. Good article with plenty of WSU references.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/web...ourt_advantage

Once again, Ken Pomeroy shows why he is the best. Good article with plenty of WSU references.
                            As a side note, is it just me, or do his current rankings seem far more volatile than they have in past years. I know that he adjusts his formula every year. It appears that he has weighted recent games more heavily than older games. It drives me crazy how some teams are jumping around 5+ spots after every game this late in the season. And it's not as if there is a log jam at the top either. The scores are just changing that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              As a side note, is it just me, or do his current rankings seem far more volatile than they have in past years. I know that he adjusts his formula every year. It appears that he has weighted recent games more heavily than older games. It drives me crazy how some teams are jumping around 5+ spots after every game this late in the season. And it's not as if there is a log jam at the top either. The scores are just changing that much.
                              I believe this was intentional. I think he adjusted his formula to give a little less weight to early-season blowouts by adjusting his MoV parameter.

Comment

Working...
                              X