Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State media love thread

Why not have a place to one-stop shop for links that praise the Shockers, at least from here on out.

Rush The Court - WSU making another run to Final Four not so surprising

Debated about whether to put this in a rankings topic, but decided to put it here.

Grantland.com - Mark Titus' Top 12 NCAA Power Rankings

With respect to the Wisconsin Buzzcuts, Wichita State is the most blue-collar top 15 team in college basketball. The Shockers play great defense, they run a crisp offense, they're well coached, and they almost never try to make spectacular plays. I'm guessing Shockers fans don't like being reminded they root for a mid-major, but it should be said that Wichita State plays like the perfect mid-major team. It has that ideal combination of talent, chemistry, and great coaching that makes it a real threat to return to the Final Four this year. If you still aren't convinced that they're blue-collar, maybe this will help: Two of their top three scorers are named Ron and Fred.
    There's more and mid-major reference aside, a pretty good write-up.

Comment

I'm feeling it Royal!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Debated about whether to put this in a rankings topic, but decided to put it here.

Grantland.com - Mark Titus' Top 12 NCAA Power Rankings

There's more and mid-major reference aside, a pretty good write-up.
        I see a blue collar vs blue blood national championship game our future.

Can't wait..
        Last edited by jocoshock; December 4, 2013, 07:19 PM.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          I see a blue collar vs blue blood national championship game our future.

Can't wait..
          They can call me ring-around-the-collar for all I care ... I just want a shot at the title!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Two of their top three scorers are named Ron and Fred.
            And they're sophomores.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Gregg Marshall with a nice interview on Andy Katz podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10089121

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
                Gregg Marshall with a nice interview on Andy Katz podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10089121
                Pretty good interview. Not a lot of ground-breaking material, but Katz and Greenberg were quite complimentary. Starts at about the 10 minute mark and runs for a good 15 minutes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  They can call me ring-around-the-collar for all I care ... I just want a shot at the title!
                  Looking back over our history through the 90s etc, I can't even imagine what that would be like.

Final 4 was unreal, but rolling the ball out with a chance for a championship would be....

No words.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    Looking back over our history through the 90s etc, I can't even imagine what that would be like.

Final 4 was unreal, but rolling the ball out with a chance for a championship would be....

No words.
                    We were 8 minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
                      Thanks much for posting this.

It is hard to grasp that a national college basketball analyst (Katz) says that WSU is a part of the national championship conversation. Simply unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        We were 8 minutes away.
                        True. But it wasn't Monday.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Still, with the level we were playing, I think the only team in the country capable of beating us was the one we played Saturday night. Playing Michigan monday night would have been tough, but I'm convinced we would have won that game. So, yes, 8 minutes away.

To paraphrase one of my favorite movies, "I guess there's only one thing left for us to do this year...win the whole effing thing."
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            Still, with the level we were playing, I think the only team in the country capable of beating us was the one we played Saturday night. Playing Michigan monday night would have been tough, but I'm convinced we would have won that game. So, yes, 8 minutes away.

To paraphrase one of my favorite movies, "I guess there's only one thing left for us to do this year...win the whole effing thing."
                            Twice!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Jake Taylor baby!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by WheatShocker2; December 6, 2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X