Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I must be deaf in one eye and blind in the other because I just don't see that as a negative article. I read it the first time and then after reading the previous two posts I re read it. Someone is going to have to take me by the hand and explain the negative aspects of this article to me because it obviously escapes me. 10 minutes to the New Year. Happy New Year to all of my fellow Shocker fans.
    NOT ME!!! The last time I took your hand, my butt hurt for a week . . . (I never have figured that out .. .)- Happy New Year!!!
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
      NOT ME!!! The last time I took your hand, my butt hurt for a week . . . (I never have figured that out .. .)- Happy New Year!!!
      So you don't want to go camping again?

Comment

• TIL pogo plays the banjo
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
          I will say it, KU is a better basketball program than WSU. Maybe not at this moment or even this whole year, but look at the KU program as a whole and its clearly been a better basketball program and is as whole than WSU. It would take WSU quite a number of years to achieve anything close to KU status.
          Lol - did you come up with that all by yourself? I for one had absolutely no idea Kansas University was a great basketball program. Thank you for sharing that knowledge with us. For the rest of my days here on this earth....I will go on to tell great tales to everybody I come into contact with about Kansas University having a top-tier basketball program. I sincerely feel the need to share and enlighten that information with the rest of the world. Here' to you my brother....here's to you. Happy New Year!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
            KU has been ranked in the top 10 of the AP poll 459 times...
            WSU has been ranked in the top10 of the AP poll...how many times?

I don't think he's a liar for stating something that is generally known as true

I will say it, KU is a better basketball program than WSU. Maybe not at this moment or even this whole year, but look at the KU program as a whole and its clearly been a better basketball program and is as whole than WSU. It would take WSU quite a number of years to achieve anything close to KU status.
            Ummmm, thanks for this?
            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
              Ummmm, thanks for this?
              We all know it, but how dare anyone openly admit it!

Sometimes the point that needs to be made is the obvious one that everyone wants to avoid. It was a relevant point. Give the guy a break.

Comment

• KU is a better program. Too bad they don't have the best coach in the country right now. All those five star McDonalds players and they still don't have the ranking or record that WSU does. Just think, if Marshall / WSU had KU's current crop of players we would already be 35-0 on a 13 game schedule.

Must be really frustrating to have all that talent, tradition and the best program in the country and be underperforming like they are right now. I can certainly understand why Self doesn't want to play us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                  Just think, if Marshall / WSU had KU's current crop of players we would already be 35-0 on a 13 game schedule.
                  I'm not so sure Marshall wants those particular players. The one thing that struck me the last time I watched KU play was the lack of leadership on that team. No one was collecting the other players after a foul to huddle up and talk strategy. Watch Fred and is always taking control in those situations.

No, I'm perfectly fine with the players 3G brings to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. - Carl Jung
                    Meine dispatcher says there is something wrong with eine cable - Carl Hungus

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      yep. "wichita state is ranked above ku. for now." more lolz i will be glad when he is gone. i just can't stand liars and he's one of the worst there is.
                      When did Lutz lie?

Are you sure it's not objectivity or opposing viewpoints you can't stand?

Comment

• The last time a college basketball team completed the regular season unbeaten, Saddam Hussein had just been removed from power, gas cost less than $2.00 a gallon and Usher's "Yeah!" was the most popular song on the radio.

Comment

• Not sure anybody has posted this yet so here is the latest from Matt Norlander of CBS Sports in his article Conference Reset: Wichita State is clear king in the Missouri Valley:http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...TZINQ4mdGYiCbA

Comment

• And one more from USA Today in which Randy McClure, rushthecourt.net says: Happy new year, everyone, and good tidings to all. My bold prediction for the rest of this season is that Wichita State will enter the NCAA tournament with a sterling record of 34-0, the first team to enter the Dance with an unblemished record in 23 years. Way back in 1991, a ridiculously talented UNLV team featuring Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon and Greg Anthony pulled off the trick on their way to a second consecutive Final Four, and while these 13-0 Shockers are in no way as good as those Rebels of yesteryear, they're in a similar position otherwise.

Comment

• CBS Sports Eye On College Basketball podcast today has a little on Marshall and WSU. Very complimentary of the program and Coach Marshall. WSU part starts at about the 35 minute mark. Jason King and Gary Parrish gush over Marshall...although Carl "Marshall" working in a light bulb factory comes up. Conversation ends up with KU/WSU discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
                                CBS Sports Eye On College Basketball podcast today has a little on Marshall and WSU. Very complimentary of the program and Coach Marshall. WSU part starts at about the 35 minute mark. Jason King and Gary Parrish gush over Marshall...although Carl "Marshall" working in a light bulb factory comes up. Conversation ends up with KU/WSU discussion.
                                link pretty please?

Comment

Working...
                                X