Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    it means mtxe. mental toughnes and extra effort. 'has NOTHING to do with bullying or beating up somebody.

thanks, x and ac. ncaa tried to keep you down, but you are having the last laugh.. angrily.
    I would prefer MTXE to Play Angry because I always thought that was a way cool acronym although Play Angry can be more encompassing because it can be just about anything you want it to be. In general, I just view it as being a philosophy of how you want to approach everything you do. With FIRE (Focus, Intensity, Relentless Effort). There you go Play With FIRE.

BTW, does Gene Smithson have a copyright or trademark on the use of MTXE? Could it be used again if you wanted to use it?

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
      If this is what really happened--this guy and his wife turned to each other and dropped their jaws in synchrony--it was probably the first time anything on this dude saw the back of his wife's throat.
      Oh man, that's harsh..........................But I'm still laughing.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• HC3G kept "Play Angry" only because it's much easier to work with than what "Play Angry" means; which is:

Play With A Chip On Your Shoulder And Beat Those BCS Bastards So As To Prove To Those BCS Bastards And Their Brown Nosing Hordes That We Are Just As Good As They Are!

Tell nancy boy to try and fit that slogan on a t-shirt.
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/gsherm11/status/414600832378998784

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...t-70s-Show.gif

Comment

• LMFAO. Gottlieb is such a f***** dick. I'm glad the guy fired back at him and owned his ass.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• https://twitter.com/GottliebShow

A
              nyone who has been annoyed with Gottlieb recently needs to see this. The guy is having a complete meltdown after that burn. I counted 19 tweets either performing damage control, making fun of ND, or trying to "burn" someone that made fun of him after the ND tweet. I also know for a fact he's deleted at least 2 tweets that were "swings and misses" trying to insult ND fans. This is beyond sad and pathetic at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                https://twitter.com/GottliebShow

A
                nyone who has been annoyed with Gottlieb recently needs to see this. The guy is having a complete meltdown after that burn. I counted 19 tweets either performing damage control, making fun of ND, or trying to "burn" someone that made fun of him after the ND tweet. I also know for a fact he's deleted at least 2 tweets that were "swings and misses" trying to insult ND fans. This is beyond sad and pathetic at this point.
                Ah, the life of a professional media member... You think him and Matty P. are close?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Doug was actually going after the ND player in his tweets after he responded to beard tweet... Wow, what a classy dude... Maybe someone should enlighten CBS he is harassing players!! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I would prefer MTXE to Play Angry because I always thought that was a way cool acronym although Play Angry can be more encompassing because it can be just about anything you want it to be. In general, I just view it as being a philosophy of how you want to approach everything you do. With FIRE (Focus, Intensity, Relentless Effort). There you go Play With FIRE.

BTW, does Gene Smithson have a copyright or trademark on the use of MTXE? Could it be used again if you wanted to use it?
                    i think he might have a copyright on it, but i can't say for sure.

but the shockers did wear mtxe uni's either last year or the year before that. 'looked very nice.

Comment

• Is it time to get this thread back to media LOVE of WSU yet?
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Not exactly "media" love, but figured this was as good a place as any to put this.

Wichita State's Life Expectancy (Ken Pomeroy)

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Not exactly "media" love, but figured this was as good a place as any to put this.

Wichita State's Life Expectancy (Ken Pomeroy)
                          This is cool. Any positive wsu press is good press.

Comment

• That's a fun article and it's fun to think about the Shox going undefeated but I'm more interested in going undefeated in March. Go Shox!

Comment

• WSU #9 in the latest ESPN Power Rankings.

Nine of the ten voting writers have us anywhere from 8th to 12th. Jeff ******* ranks us 17th.

Comment

• If I had to rank sports writers, ******* would be around 17 too. No hard feelings.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X