No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More from KC Star - Unfazed by shadow of younger brother, Nick Wiggins contributing to WSU's success

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Since we're being factual with facts lately, I'd like to point out that all 3 of Louisville's losses are not to teams "likely" to be in the NCAA tournament. While UK and Memphis are likely, UNC is not and is more likely out right now

You are nit picking. UNC was a sub point of a sub point in my argument about Louisville.
      You are in the minority in your opinion about UNC. Lunardi has them as a 9 seed. Palm has them as a 10. Majority opinion among bracketologists is that they are in, and not even in the "last 4 in" grouping.
      You are incorrect to say you are speaking about facts. You are entitled to your opinion that UNC is not very likely to make the tourney, but that is your opinion, not fact.

Other than that, right on!

Comment

• http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-*******/post?id=2944&ex_cid=espnapi_public

I
        can't read it all unfortunately because I'm not an insider.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          You are nit picking. UNC was a sub point of a sub point in my argument about Louisville.
          You are in the minority in your opinion about UNC. Lunardi has them as a 9 seed. Palm has them as a 10. Majority opinion among bracketologists is that they are in, and not even in the "last 4 in" grouping.
          You are incorrect to say you are speaking about facts. You are entitled to your opinion that UNC is not very likely to make the tourney, but that is your opinion, not fact.

Other than that, right on!
          You are also nit picking. In the original statement, it was noted that the "rationale" for keeping Louisville at #25 was amusing, since Louisville had only just beaten its first top 50 opponent. Nowhere was there an actual complaint that Louisville should not be #25.

And I agree, it's pretty funny that to keep Louisville in the rankings that a single top 50 win classifies as real justification.

#winning

Edit: modified 100 to 50.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• WHY HASNT ANYONE POINTED OUT THE PUN OF "NIT" PICKING ABOUT A TEAM HEADED TO THE NCAA OR NIT???

Comment

• The blurb referenced was one of the silly blurbs they do next to the top 25. Room for about one sentence, maybe two. Such small space for analysis it is almost worthless.

That said, wouldn't "they lost a game this week but also got a decent win" work as a valid, concise argument against the "they just lost a game, what have they done to merit not falling further than you dropped them" crowd?

Winning a single top 50 game wasn't being used for justification of a #1 ranking. It was being used for justification of keeping them in the poll at all. Big difference. Scenario 1 would be silly. Scenario 2 makes sense to me.

Comment

The blurb referenced was one of the silly blurbs they do next to the top 25. Room for about one sentence, maybe two. Such small space for analysis it is almost worthless.

That said, wouldn't "they lost a game this week but also got a decent win" work as a valid, concise argument against the "they just lost a game, what have they done to merit not falling further than you dropped them" crowd?

Winning a single top 50 game wasn't being used for justification of a #1 ranking. It was being used for justification of keeping them in the poll at all. Big difference. Scenario 1 would be silly. Scenario 2 makes sense to me.
                Sorry, that justification is still funny to me, when you consider some teams on the outside. There are probably other valid reasons for #25, but the FIRST TOP 50 WIN ALL SEASON is not a good one.

#winning
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                  http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-*******/post?id=2944&ex_cid=espnapi_public

I
                  ******* better control himself or he'll have us ranked in his top 10. oh, he does!

all snark aside, this is one of the more accurate assessments of the team from outside our fanbase that i've seen. when jeff ******* is impressed enough to actually pay attention to your squad long enough to write an article, you've reached elite status

take care of business saturday!
                  Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Wichita State had an epic comeback at Missouri State a week ago.That may just be the beginning of the grind in the Missouri Valley for one of the national title contenders.

Andy Katz with a WSU-ISUb preview.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                      "for one of the national title contenders."

Man this is really fun.

Comment

You are nit picking.
                        I couldn't read any further because I couldn't stop laughing. You... calling someone else out... for nitpicking.. LMFAO
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                          http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-*******/post?id=2944&ex_cid=espnapi_public

I
                          Yeah, it's a good article...hard to tell if it was written by Mike Kennedy or Jeff *******! I ended up just buying the $8.95 month-by-month subscription.

WSU is great...it all starts with the Marshall Mentality - grit and toughness. "But Wichita has been tough throughout his tenure. That's not what separates this group from last year. Here are the key differences:"
                          1. Talent
                          2. Fred VanVleet
                          3. Ron Baker
                          4. Improved offense
                          5. Low-maintenance and leadership
                          6. Tekele Cotton
                          7. Big man by committee

with a paragraph+ about each of those 7 things.

"But there's honestly not much to worry about if you're Gregg Marshall," he ["one coach" referred to earlier in the article] added. "This team is loaded. They are capable of beating anyone in the entire country."
                          Last edited by chicagoshocker; January 17, 2014, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                            This doesn't really count as "media", but, former Steelers' kicker Jeff Reed:

Jeff Reed ‏@TheRealJeffReed 6h
                            Before i forget to give out props, congrats to the Wichita State hoops team...18-0 start...in case u were wondering, my pops played there!!!

From Wikipedia:

"Reed's father, Morris, played basketball for Wichita State and his mother, Pam, was a cheerleader for Wichita State."
                            Does anyone remember a Morris Reed? I remember Melvin Reed, a smallish 6'5" center who played with Warren Armstrong.

Comment

• 60% increase in enrollment applications at WSU:

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/...t/-/index.html
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Does anyone remember a Morris Reed? I remember Melvin Reed, a smallish 6'5" center who played with Warren Armstrong.
                                I believe Jeff Reed is white, so he probably isn't related to Melvin.

Comment

Working...
                                X