Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Since we are only 5th in the Big 12 KC Shox, where does KU and the other four fall in your poll? You need to figure this out so you can go on Phognet and tell them. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      I'm with KC on this one. Let them discount us. Motivation for the team.

This time last year we were sweating the S-curve, worrying that we were getting way too close to being a playin team. This week we are debating the prospect of not moving into the #2 or #3 spot in the national polls and hearing that a number one seed is ours to lose.

Nice problem to have. Winning is the best revenge.

Life is a *****... GOSHOX!!!
      I actually hope Syracuse does not lose for a while..helps to diffuse the media attention when there is another undefeated team

Comment

• I could see #2 in the coaches and #4 in the AP.

Comment

• Unfortunately, I don't see us changing places in either poll...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
            The said because we 'struggled' with Evansville today.
            The Shockers have trailed in the second half exactly 49 minutes and 34 seconds out of 460 minutes plus 5minutes of OT played.
            William & Mary 3:10
            Tennessee State 3:24
            BYU 3:00
            St. Louis 11:13
            Oral Roberts 3:22
            Tennessee State 2:37
            Missouri State 19:52
            Ill. State 2:56
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              The Shockers have trailed in the second half exactly 49 minutes and 34 seconds out of 460 minutes plus 5minutes of OT played.
              William & Mary 3:10
              Tennessee State 3:24
              BYU 3:00
              St. Louis 11:13
              Oral Roberts 3:22
              Tennessee State 2:37
              Missouri State 19:52
              Ill. State 2:56
              Take out SWMO, and it's just not even fair to everyone else.
              The Assman

Comment

• i agree...more attention equals more pressure...March cant come any sooner...its seems like BCS games like Duke vs Syracuse get hyped and always receive more attention on ESPN...i guess its the nature of the Beast of playing in a "better conference"...I love the MVC...but it will never get the love it deserves by the media or ESPN for that matter...but to focus on the present...all we do is win...We have a great coach, great fans and a great team. GOSHOX

Comment

• I'm not feeling the pressure. Just keep winning!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• I predict the upset and we are #2 in both polls come tomorrow. If that is the case, there will still be enough nay-sayers in the media to provide bulletin board material ... if that is needed for motivation. Damn ... what a fun year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockadelica View Post
                      I predict the upset and we are #2 in both polls come tomorrow. If that is the case, there will still be enough nay-sayers in the media to provide bulletin board material ... if that is needed for motivation. Damn ... what a fun year!
                      We could be #2 in AP as long as there were more voters who had KU ahead of us last week than voters that have Arizona in between us and Florida this week. Also, were there any voters that had Michigan St or Oklahoma St ahead of us but behind Florida last week? Those would help as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        We could be #2 in AP as long as there were more voters who had KU ahead of us last week than voters that have Arizona in between us and Florida this week. Also, were there any voters that had Michigan St or Oklahoma St ahead of us but behind Florida last week? Those would help as well.
                        That was my thinking ... the upsets in the TOP 10 this weekend could give us the two points needed to pass the Gators.

Comment

• I think we have a Greta chnce at moving to three with Arizona slipping behind us at four

Comment

• Great chance not Greta. I don't even know Greta

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                              ******* already saying Arizona should just go to #2. I guess that is what a loss to an unranked team is worth for him.
                              And if Baker were out for the season (as is likely Brandon Ashley is for Arizona) the voters would be screaming like stuck pigs that we aren't the same team and should be dropped. 2 sets of rules.

Continue to win angry.

Comment

• Chris Dachille has us at #2, he had us at #3 last week. http://www.wbaltv.com/news/sports/dachille

Seth Davis kept us at #5 (like he said he would.) He dropped Arizona to #2.

Comment

Working...
                                X