Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st half vs 2nd half of games

Think about the rhetoric about struggling and the seemingly traditional slow start led me to analyze the finishing power of our team.

Our record in the five 4-minute segments of the first half is 62-44-9 = 115 or 53.9% win or 61.4% win/tie.

Our record in the five 4-minute segments of the second half + one OT is 76-27-13 = 116 or 65.5% win or 76.7% win/tie

Of the 13 periods lost in the last 8 minutes of games, 12 of those occurred when the Shockers were leading going into the period by 15 or more points. If you count only those 4-minute segments in the last 8 minutes of the games where the lead was less than 15 points entering the 4-minute segment, the record for the remaining periods is 21-1-5. This would make our second half record 69-15-13, or 71.1% win and 84.5% win/tie.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Think about the rhetoric about struggling and the seemingly traditional slow start led me to analyze the finishing power of our team.

Our record in the five 4-minute segments of the first half is 62-44-9 = 115 or 53.9% win or 61.4% win/tie.

Our record in the five 4-minute segments of the second half + one OT is 76-27-13 = 116 or 65.5% win or 76.7% win/tie

Of the 13 periods lost in the last 8 minutes of games, 12 of those occurred when the Shockers were leading going into the period by 15 or more points. If you count only those 4-minute segments in the last 8 minutes of the games where the lead was less than 15 points entering the 4-minute segment, the record for the remaining periods is 21-1-5. This would make our second half record 69-15-13, or 71.1% win and 84.5% win/tie.

I am pretty sure that SB will be impressed and love your chart.

I find it very interesting. Thanks mucho.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Andrew Greif moves WSU up from #6 to #5, while keeping Florida and SDSU steady at #3 and #4. Another 1 point pickup for the Shockers.

Comment

• Also, it will be very interesting to see if Jason Franchuk gives us a #1 vote this week. He had us at #2 last week (ahead of Syracuse) before the Arizona loss.

Although it was a squeaker, Syracuse's win against Duke is still a very good win so it would not merit a tantrum if he jumps the Orange ahead of us. It would be really cool seeing parentheses next to our name though.

Comment

• WSU has 14 more #3 votes and 1 more #2 vote last week, compared to Florida. That's 16 points of margin which was destroyed by the voters that had us 5-10. Teams 6-8 all lost, which provides us an opportunity to gain votes in that range. I do not know how many voters that had us 3 and FLA 4 last week will have FLA jump us. I do not think it will be very many.

I think the Shox jump back in front of FLA this week. If they do not, I think the votes FLA needed will have come from Arizona, which could result in WSU remaing #4, but being much closer to #2.

Comment

• I would bet serious money that Ron Morris still has us at tenth.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Chris Dachille has us at #2, he had us at #3 last week. http://www.wbaltv.com/news/sports/dachille

Seth Davis kept us at #5 (like he said he would.) He dropped Arizona to #2.
                Something I missed the first time I looked at Seth Davis's poll for this week is that he moved Michigan State to #4 from #7 last week. MSU has lost 2 of it's last 3, including last Saturday to Georgetown.

Comment

• per Seth Davis Twitter

New AP poll is out: Syr, Ariz, Fla, Wich St, SDSU, Nova, Cincy, KU, Mich St, Mich, Duke, Creighton

Find the complete NCAAM Final Rankings rankings on ESPN. Includes the full votes and trend for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

We are now 35 points behind Florida and we lost ground to San Diego State.
                  Last edited by jdmee; February 3, 2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• lulz
                    arizone losses and drops 1 spot?!
                    michigan state still in top 10?!
                    wtf

Comment

• Boy they just refuse to drop Kansas.

We already know 5 teams are better than KU. Gotta kill those folks to have WSU and Cincy ahead of the Hawks.

Comment

• I'm really surprised that KU and MSU weren't penalized more for losing; we certainly wouldn't get the same treatment. I guess it helps that many of the teams behind them lost as well, letting only Villanova and Cincinnati jump. I think the actual vote totals will show a fairly large gap between #4 and #5 though.

Comment

• Florida with 1482 votes (up from 1436), WSU with 1447 (up from 1435 last week), SDSU 1370 (up from 1337). Also, Syracuse received all 65 first place votes.

I thought it would be closer. C'est la vie.

Comment

• St. Louis up to #13 - great for us. Too bad we haven't played anybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Florida with 1482 votes (up from 1436), WSU with 1447 (up from 1435 last week), SDSU 1370 (up from 1337). Also, Syracuse received all 65 first place votes.

I thought it would be closer. C'est la vie.
                              who did florida play to gain 46 points while WSU only gained 12?

Comment

• I don't know how but Tennessee in the also receiving votes with 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X