No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same people that will give Indiana a pass for losing to Notre Dame (or pump up the Irish for a big win against the Hoosiers) will not penalize Notre Dame for losing to BOTH Indiana State at home (frankly getting their collective asses kicked) AND one of the Dakotas.

Let's face facts, Notre Dame, Indiana and Maryland would fight it out with MSU and UNI for 3rd in the Valley.

Comment

• Looking at realtime RPI projections for the year, in the top 30 teams, only WSU and St. Mary's have SOS of higher than 100 with WSU at 123 and St. Mary's at 102.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Looking at realtime RPI projections for the year, in the top 30 teams, only WSU and St. Mary's have SOS of higher than 100 with WSU at 123 and St. Mary's at 102.
        Damn it Valley! Start consistently winning some damn non-conference games!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Realtime RPI dropped WDUto #13,flip-flopping with #12 Iowa State. Remain #10 in Realtime Poer rating, but fell to #11 in projection for the year.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/powerrankings/_/season/2014/week/7

Number 10 in ESPN Power Rankings, 12 last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
              Solid! Roll the Tide...#GOSHOX!!
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Jeff ******* is on crack. 20? Really? Does he realize he's the only person who has WSU ranked lower than 12th? The only one. I mean if it was 15 and not 20, but he's 8 spots lower than the next closest person. I'd like to know his reasoning for having the only statistical outlier of his peers.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  Jeff ******* is on crack. 20? Really? Does he realize he's the only person who has WSU ranked lower than 12th? The only one. I mean if it was 15 and not 20, but he's 8 spots lower than the next closest person. I'd like to know his reasoning for having the only statistical outlier of his peers.
                  He has to do something to differentiate himself from the crowd. He and Doug G, to a certain extent are contrarians, not just where the Shox are concerned, but overall. Negative attention for him is better than no attention at all.
                  Last edited by jocoshock; December 17, 2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Jeff ******* is on crack. 20? Really? Does he realize he's the only person who has WSU ranked lower than 12th? The only one. I mean if it was 15 and not 20, but he's 8 spots lower than the next closest person. I'd like to know his reasoning for having the only statistical outlier of his peers.
                    I really wonder if it is something personal. There's no excuse for it. RPI, KenPom, rankings, ratings, you name it. Shocks are consistently higher than 20.
                    Perhaps he thinks he's clever?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                      I really wonder if it is something personal. There's no excuse for it. RPI, KenPom, rankings, ratings, you name it. Shocks are consistently higher than 20.
                      Perhaps he thinks he's clever?
                      If I wanted to be really cynical, I would say that he's positioning himself in front of our first loss. Odds are that, for whatever reason (Higgins, Hess, et al) we'll end up dropping a game and he can then beat his chest and point out how right he was.

But, meh. The rankings are nice and all, but meaningless if we don't make a deep March/April run. Eyes on the prize, folks.

Comment

• espn's power rankings:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Take a look at who has the MAJOR outlier in the voting panel.

I'm pretty sure Gary Parrish and Jeff ******* share the same bed linens. F*** those rainbow pops.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                          If I wanted to be really cynical, I would say that he's positioning himself in front of our first loss. Odds are that, for whatever reason (Higgins, Hess, et al) we'll end up dropping a game and he can then beat his chest and point out how right he was.

But, meh. The rankings are nice and all, but meaningless if we don't make a deep March/April run. Eyes on the prize, folks.
                          +1

Comment

• Realtime RPI at 7:30 Wednesday morning: WSU climbs to #12 switching with UConn.

Realtime Team Power Rating: WSU jumps to #6 from #10 now ahead of Connecticut, Louisville, Villanova & Oregon.

In the Realtime RPI Projections, WSU falls to #12 from #11

Comment

• http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10157404/mark-titus-top-12-ncaa-power-rankings-ohio-state-winning-arizona-stays-top

Has us at 11. Pretty good write up.

Comment

• That is pretty good. I like this quote: "the Shockers look like they are always a moment away from starting a benches-clearing brawl." That one ranks right up there with the recent Fox Sports piece that describes HCGM's coaching style like he's on a rolling 10 day contract and our guys playing like the other team stole their kid brother's lunch money. Instant classics. I may have to change my signature line after some of these gems.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X