Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Might as well make a megathread instead of creating a new one every week.

Good guys hold steady at #16 in both polls today, although we picked up serious ground on #15 Gonzaga (we trail them 561 vs. 555 in the AP Poll, with a 64 vote lead on #17 Marquette. Last week we led Marquette by just 2 votes).

A successful week ahead will be rewarded with upward mobility.

A breakdown of our AP votes for this week. Now you know who to direct your Twitter wrath towards, Shocker Nation :)

Comment

For those who think Soren Petrol, 810 WHB in KC, is out to get us, please note he has us at #12
      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        A breakdown of our AP votes for this week. Now you know who to direct your Twitter wrath towards, Shocker Nation :)
        I only looked at the the unranked ballots and I found a healthy combination of butthurt.

Joe Juliano - covers Villanova, has Creighton ranked, obviously trying to inflate his conference's status (lol!)
        Kevin Gorman - covers Pitt basketball (lmao!)
        Ron Morris - covers South Carolina (nuff said, haha)
        Steve Wiseman - covers Duke, he's just an uninformed turd

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          I only looked at the the unranked ballots and I found a healthy combination of butthurt.

Joe Juliano - covers Villanova, has Creighton ranked, obviously trying to inflate his conference's status (lol!)
          Kevin Gorman - covers Pitt basketball (lmao!)
          Ron Morris - covers South Carolina (nuff said, haha)
          Steve Wiseman - covers Duke, he's just an uninformed turd
          That South Carolina turd was our biggest hater last season too. I am pretty sure he never, ever ranked us all year. Not once.

I hope P'Allen Stinnett marries his daughter.

Comment

Time to hang things up for good, out-of-touch tool bag.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Just think. Had we not gotten so unbelievably lucky to catch Pitt in their worst shooting night in the history of basketball, we never would have gone to the final 4.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Seth Davis bumps us up to #12 this week (from #15 last week).

Teams ahead of us that lost:

#1 Kentucky (vs. #2 MSU)
                #4 Duke (vs. #5 KU)
                #7 Michigan (@ Iowa State)
                #11 Florida (@ #20 Wisconsin)
                #12 North Carolina (vs. Belmont)

We obviously will not jump UK or Duke. Michigan probably stays ahead of us, although it is not out of the question they fall beneath us. Leapfrogging Florida is a coin toss depending on how much voters punish them for a close-but-ugly road loss to a ranked team. UNC is going to plummet for sure.

Outside chance that #20 Wisconsin leaps us after beating Florida.

After being deadly accurate with my prediction last week, I will prove that was a fluke and predict the following: #14 in the AP poll by a narrow margin.

Comment

I think that's a pretty solid assessment. Fourteen is probably accurate, though I think 13 and 15 are possible. No chance we stay where we are; 11 and 12 are outside possibilities.

Just my take.

Comment

T#14 in 11/18/2013 AP Poll. Sharing the spot with Meeechigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                      T#14 in 11/18/2013 AP Poll. Sharing the spot with Meeechigan.
                      Gained 150 points, and are only 5 behind #13, while 86 above #16.

Read the latest college basketball news. Keep up with college basketball rankings, scores, and stats of your favorite players and teams, all on AP News.

Indiana State starts receiving votes, with 2.
                      Last edited by Cdizzle; November 18, 2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Outside chance that #20 Wisconsin leaps us after beating Florida.
                        Not only did they leap over us, they also passed Gonzaga, Oregon, and Connecticut.
                        Last edited by 1979Shocker; November 18, 2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

BYU is receiving a couple votes and plays against #21 Iowa State this week. Probably unlikely they get in the Top 25 but would be nice if they could at least be on the cusp.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            BYU is receiving a couple votes and plays against #21 Iowa State this week. Probably unlikely they get in the Top 25 but would be nice if they could at least be on the cusp.
                            I definitely will watch that game with interest. BYU has been impressive so far.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

We also made it onto everyone's ballot this week (including the South Carolina turd.)

Chuck McGill of West Virginia gave us our highest ranking at #9.

Comment

Working...
                              X