No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say the Shockers come in at #3-AP with 1,448 points.
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 27, 2014, 06:06 AM. Reason: Changed #4- AP to #3-AP

Comment

• Dave Borges keeps us at #5, moves Florida up from #6 to #3 (with Michigan a surprise #4).

Comment

• People should not get too worked up about the writers poll.

I think coaches know a helluva lot more about basketball than writers. Writers are all paid to have opinions and the old saying goes, opinions are like one of the exit points in your body. Everybody has one.

I put more stock in the coaches poll. Coaches aren't like an exit point in your body and they aren't paid for their opinions.

I bet were #3 in the coaches poll.

That being said, the writers look really foolish when their rankings differ vastly from the coaches. If they keep up this foolishness, they will look like contrarian jackasses. Contrarian jackasses lose respect and readership.

Keep winning and the coaches will keep the war of optics and politics in our favor. At some point, some of these jackasses will be forced to come around. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• I think there is a lot of bias in the Coaches poll as well (like making their own league look as strong as possible). Plus that seems to be a duty most coaches pass off to their DOBO's are another staff member.

Comment

• 1972, your point is well taken, but again, DOBO's aren't like an exit point in your body and they aren't paid to have opinions. I think the coaches have been consistently fair with us all season.

They were a little slow on the bandwagon, but once there, they have been much more supportive than the writers.

And I think at some point, the heat will be on the homers if we get to #2 in the coaches poll and are still at #5 in the writers poll. The more we go up, the worse some of the homer writers look.

Comment

• By the way, most people are paid and evaluated on how well they do their job.

I'm betting that the coaches have some input (like review) of the ballot. I'm betting that they give the DOBO's some input about who they think are at the top of the list.

And I will repeat, we will be at 3, or worst 4 in the coaches poll. I still say 3.

Comment

• Matt Vautour keeps WSU at #4 and keeps Florida at #5 (SDSU gets a strangely huge 4 spot jump on his ballot).

Comment

• Rick Bozich moves WSU up to #4 (from #5). UF moves from #4 to #3.

Comment

• On 5 ballots so far, Florida has gained 5 points on us.

Based on early returns it still looks like it will be neck and neck- as mentioned earlier, they need to gain 1 point per voter to tie us. The good news is that all of the ballots we've seen had us at #5 or better- the opportunity for big gains involve the slugs who had us pegged at #9 or 10 last week.

Comment

• Bret Strelow moves WSU up to #6 (from #10). He also moves UF to #3 (from #6), a 1 point net gain for the Shockers.

Comment

• We can probably assume that Kevin Brockway moves WSU to #3 (from #4) on his ballot. He advanced UF from #6 to #4 this week, and bumped San Diego State to #5 (from #8).

The Gators have now picked up 5 points on WSU through 7 ballots. The Aztecs are also making big gains across the board, although I think we will stay ahead of them by a semi-comfortable margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Dave Borges keeps us at #5, moves Florida up from #6 to #3 (with Michigan a surprise #4).
                          This ballot really hurts. FL gains 3 points on one ballot on WSU. I know it is very early, but WSU is not off to a good start.
                          Last edited by shox1989; January 26, 2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if we are at #3 tomorrow and fall to #5 next week.

Comment

• Jerry Carino bumps WSU to #3 (from #4), but also bumps UF to #4 (from #7).

8 ballots in and UF has gained 7 points on WSU. Should be really, really close for #3. I'm calling it a night.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                This ballot really hurt.s. FL gains 3 points on one ballot on WSU. I know it is very early, but WSU is not off to a good start.
                                I love it....keep it coming. Drop us to 10th you East Coast chimp.

Comment

Working...
                                X