Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Jerry Carino keeps Wichita State at #3 and Florida at #4

http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/hoopshaven/2014/02/02/associated-press-top-25-ballot-28/

D
    avid Borges keeps Wichita State at #5 and moves Florida up to #2. His #4 (Michigan) lost but he replaced them with SDSU who he previously had at #6.

Connecticut daily newspaper covering local, regional, and national news including local sports, video and multimedia coverage, and classified advertising.

This brings us and Florida to even on the week

SUMMARY: 8 ballots in and we are even with Florida on the week. There are 57 ballots left, we have to gain 1 point on Florida to tie for #3. .01% chance anyone passes Arizona
    I agree. From the 8 ballots we have seen so far, it is looking almost like a lock that Arizona will only drop to 2. I am fearful that people like Seth Davis and Geoff Grammer and some others who have decided not to move WSU up any more (at least for awhile) will keep WSU from being able to pass Florida. I am expecting WSU to remain at #4 in the AP tomorrow. Although it is close enough with Florida, I could end up being pleasantly surprised with a 3.

Comment

• Maybe we stay at 4 and I would take that and 23-0 all day long. All I know is this team only cares about Indiana State this wed. night. take care of that and then Northern Iowa then lets see what the polsters say...

Comment

• I'm not holding my breath either way. We will either be #3 or #4. Either one is ok by me (this week, at least).

Comment

• Im curious if we go to #2 in coach's poll

Comment

• Mark Berman is my hero this week! He moves WSU up to #2 from #4 last week! He keeps FL at #5 and drops SDSU to #4. He also drops Arizona from #1 to #3. He also says good things about the Shocks: http://www.roanoke.com/sports/column...a4bcf6878.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
              Mark Berman is my hero this week! He moves WSU up to #2 from #4 last week! He keeps FL at #5 and drops SDSU to #4. He also drops Arizona from #1 to #3. He also says good things about the Shocks: http://www.roanoke.com/sports/column...a4bcf6878.html
              I guess Marshall got his point across in that MVC teleconference which some posters thought Marshall was much too abrasive and mean during.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                Mark Berman is my hero this week! He moves WSU up to #2 from #4 last week! He keeps FL at #5 and drops SDSU to #4. He also drops Arizona from #1 to #3. He also says good things about the Shocks: http://www.roanoke.com/sports/column...a4bcf6878.html
                Out of fear.

Comment

• Since the AP is unlikely to ask for my ballot, I'll post it here... I'm trying to be as objective as possible, so here we go:

1. Arizona

2. Syracuse

3. Wichita State

--Yes, I know Arizona lost. I still think their body of work makes them #1. They're 2nd in the RPI and have played the 8th most difficult schedule (much more difficult than SU or WSU). Syracuse and WSU have combined for 4 top-25 RPI wins. Arizona has 5 by themselves. They gave SDSU their only loss (a 9-point win), and beat a pretty solid Michigan team. Syracuse needed OT at home to beat Duke, Arizona beat them by 6 on a neutral court. I won't punish them for an injury, and I won't punish them for a conference road loss to a top-50 team. I hope I don't have to make the same argument in support of WSU next week. Arizona is #1, because I believe their body of work suggests they're still the best in the country. SU and WSU get spots in the top-3 for being unbeaten, with SU at #2 on the strength of being #61 in SOS vs. WSU at #88.

4. Florida

5. San Diego State

6. Villanova

7. Cincinnati

8. Michigan State

9. Kansas

10. Michigan

-- Florida is on a roll, winning 13 straight and rolling over the hapless SEC. You could make an argument for them at #3, but two losses lands them at #4. Outside of KU, Creighton, and Arizona (an imressive slate, sure), SDSU's scedule has been... well... shitty. Despite those SOS-inflating-games, they are still 91st. No real argument for them to be above WSU or Florida. After that, it's a hodge-podge of teams with a bunch of losses, and teams who are in the top-10 because everyone lost this week. Cincy is probably a stretch at #7, but they've won 14 in a row, including 4 against the top-50. I don't feel good about 8-10, but my alternatives are Creighton, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville... I wish I could rank them all #11...

Comment

• Here we go with the injury excuse. If you want to bring up the injury, Arizona is the team they were against Cal they will be the rest of the season. As they are now, they're 0-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      Here we go with the injury excuse. If you want to bring up the injury, Arizona is the team they were against Cal they will be the rest of the season. As they are now, they're 0-1.
                      no, no... I'm not saying they lost because of the injury... I'm just saying you can't speculate that this injury means they're not a #1 team going forward...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Out of fear.
                        too funny...

Comment

• I am one of those that that wants us to remain at around 5 for the rest of the year and is now rooting for Syracuse to run the table. I would actually look forward to being a number 2 seed in the tourney to feed the whole respect thing. I realize the voters can not take into account what is going to happen moving forward but the loss of Brandon Ashley is going to be huge. This is going to seriously impact the way Arizona plays by either going small or wearing out there big guys. I think they are going to have real problems in the short term and wonder how things will be come NCAA time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            Way to keep your cool, wufan -- you're obviously the guy we want with the ball in his hands as the game winds down.
                            ;)
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Good news! WSU improves one spot on Geoff Grammer's ballot this week moving up to #6 from #7 last week. He keeps FL at #3 and keeps SDSU at #5. He moves AZ from 1 to 2: http://www.abqjournal.com/347028/spo...r-feb-3-2.html
                              Last edited by shox1989; February 3, 2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• We have seen 10 ballots now. After 10 ballots WSU has gained 6 points, FL has gained 4 points, SDSU has gained 5 points and AZ has lost 14 points. If the remaining 55 ballots make similar changes, WSU will edged out FL for 3rd place this week. SDSU will remain in 5th and AZ will drop only to 2nd. It will be very close between WSU and FL, and could easily go either way but if these 10 ballots end up being a good sample, WSU should pass up FL in a very close race for #3.

Comment

Working...
                                X