No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesnt Taylor ever break any WSU stories? Is he afraid of stepping on toes?
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
      Why doesnt Taylor ever break any WSU stories? Is he afraid of stepping on toes?
      Probably too busy with the 23904830298490238 HS sports they have him covering too

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
        Why doesnt Taylor ever break any WSU stories? Is he afraid of stepping on toes?
        Meh, probably a function of the fact that he was legacy media when Marshall was in town and carried over to the IB tenure, along with the fact that Kevin Saal has probably (and when I say probably, I mean definitely) run a tighter ship that allows fewer leaks to get out. Which is probably good.

But local journalism has also suffered greatly in general, not just in Wichita, and it's getting harder for journalists like Taylor to really get good stories considering how much is out on social media. There were instances where he could have broken a story if it were 15 years ago, but because it's 2023, the information is already on social media. No fault of his, but just the reality of the world we live in. There's less value in a role like his than there used to be. Once we find out news, do we really need to pay for an Eagle subscription to read Taylor's thoughts on it? We could grab just as much, if not more, insight from reading this board than reading an article about hiring assistant coaches.

Also, I'll take this time to vent that Paul Suellentrop, while he may have been a nice guy (no idea there...never interacted with him), was a remnant of legacy sports media and was quite the bore to listen to. He was monotone, never provided insight beyond the basics, and lacked enthusiasm. I always sensed enthusiasm from Shane and Bruce, even if they're not perfect, and they still avoided the hot takes. Not so with Paul.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Probably too busy with the 23904830298490238 HS sports they have him covering too
          That is true, they got that poor guy slaving lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

How bout some Q and A?
            Tried to give you guys a hint

Comment

• Also just gonna say it, props to the one guy who took heat for saying we’re bringing in an NBA guy with Baylor ties and took heat for it.

Comment

• The coaching staff of Paul Mills at Wichita State basketball | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
                  Also just gonna say it, props to the one guy who took heat for saying we’re bringing in an NBA guy with Baylor ties and took heat for it.
                  To be fair, he took heat for the way he approached it, but we’re all good now. And the information was correct, which helps.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• You could have just given me the initials of the incoming coach and I still wouldn’t have figured it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

To be fair, he took heat for the way he approached it, but we’re all good now. And the information was correct, which helps.
                      Or the way you took it ;)

Comment

• We've been Evansville'd.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• For recruiting purposes, how do we think they will do next week and in the future?
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; April 7, 2023, 05:33 PM.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Acy looks like he could have a very high recruiting ceiling.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Seems like everyone is pretty ho-hum about the coaching staff

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Seems like everyone is pretty ho-hum about the coaching staff
                                Im fine with them, seems like we are going to hit Texas hard!

Comment

Working...
                                X