Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Seems like everyone is pretty ho-hum about the coaching staff
    I don't see this. I am encouraged by the staff. Is it a bit different than WSU staffs of the past? Certainly. But they have bigtime ties to Texas and the midwest and NBA experience which carries a lot of weight these days. Hell Acy played in the NBA up until 2019 so he can relate to some of the younger kids. That plays well in recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      Seems like everyone is pretty ho-hum about the coaching staff
      The proof will be in the pudding. Let's see how they do gathering the ingredients. And then we will have to see how good of cooks they are.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 7, 2023, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Don’t know much about them but Acy should intimidate most anybody

Comment

• Chris Hollender is solid. Been around the game a long time. Charismatic & competitive. Has some "swag".

Comment

• Hell yea, I called Quincy Acy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Hell yea, I called Quincy Acy!
              Good guess and LetsGoShockers2021 knew who it was but was trying to practice psyops on all that doubted.

Comment

• Definitely not ho hum. I remember always being jealous with Memphis having a former NBA player on their staff… can you imagine being a forward recruit and getting called by a RECENT NBA forward wanting to mentor you and show you how to get to the league ?!?! Incredible asset in Mills toolbag

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Good guess and LetsGoShockers2021 knew who it was but was trying to practice psyops on all that doubted.
                  Shoxlax being humble ; seems he knew the goods as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                    Definitely not ho hum. I remember always being jealous with Memphis having a former NBA player on their staff… can you imagine being a forward recruit and getting called by a RECENT NBA forward wanting to mentor you and show you how to get to the league ?!?! Incredible asset in Mills toolbag
                    On top of that, his title for the Texas Legends was "Player Development Coach". He was the coach responsible for developing players to get them from G League to the NBA. He's 6'7" and weighs 240, and that doesn't look like a "soft" 240. He checks many f the same boxes that we were checking for Adrian Griffin.

I think Acy is as close to a home run hire as you can get for an assistant coach.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

On top of that, his title for the Texas Legends was "Player Development Coach". He was the coach responsible for developing players to get them from G League to the NBA. He's 6'7" and weighs 240, and that doesn't look like a "soft" 240. He checks many f the same boxes that we were checking for Adrian Griffin.

I think Acy is as close to a home run hire as you can get for an assistant coach.
                      And he’s only 32. Players gonna get bodied
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I think Hollender seems like a great pickup. Brings that military toughness and presence. Lot of good videos and interviews out there in the Google but I really like this one.

Chris Hollender was mic'd up as we took a look inside of a Mizzou Men's Basketball practice. This is a production of the Mizzou Network. For more videos fol...

Comment

• I’d be fine with Hollender recruiting some scorers like Colt Ryan and DJ Balentine to WSU.

Running some of their sets as well. If Evansville was good at something, they did have some beautiful offensive play at times.

I dare to think how Abmas would look in that role.
                          The Assman

Comment

• I think HCPM has hit a home run with this staff.
                            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; April 8, 2023, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

THIS ⬆️⬆️

Comment

• So the consensus seems to the wait was worth it. I am thinking if these guys are as good as advertised that their services are in demand and HCPM's initial recruiting efforts were these 2 gentlemen. If you are going to build a strong, well built house you need to start with a strong foundation.

Hopefully, hiring HCPM and his recruitment of his staff is setting that foundation in place. Of course, how mush the boosters and fan base get behind this building project wiil also be an important factor.

But the early, or for some not so early, signs are encouraging. But doing it right is more important than doing it fast.

As my Dad was fond of saying: "measure twice, cut once".

Comment

Working...
                                X