Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
    Armchair should add an a la cart recruiting news subscription to their armchair army memberships. Maybe make a $100 a month level?

Just don’t know how to keep all the blabber fingers on here (myself included) from giving away the milk without buying the cow?
    That’s damn near heresy in these parts

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      It's still on TE's Twitter feed. Nothing has been taken down.

I guess I am in the camp of HCPM has a way of doing things and why not let it play out? Do we need to know all of the behind the scenes stuff? I don't really think so. Would I like to know? Sure, but I am not going to get my feathers ruffled over it.
      As long as we have 25+ win seasons every season, I can wait to see the team when they post it on GoShockers.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

That’s damn near heresy in these parts
        Maybe SN should put the recruiting section behind a paywall and donate all the money to armchair in return for insider recruiting news.

Comment

Maybe SN should put the recruiting section behind a paywall and donate all the money to armchair in return for insider recruiting news.
          Take my money
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I’d be all in for that!

Comment

• Good or bad....it's quite telling that this is the very first video message that I've seen from our new coach (from where I'm sitting at least) since his hiring is ALL about the NIL.

Gone is the dream of a free college education to potentiionally better one's future earnings life.

I applaud the effort of our university, the NCAA and even the NIL to expand the "earnings" of all who put in their blood, sweat and tears within the pursuit.

At this level (lol)...new HCPM said exactly what is needed and essential to the success of our beloved SHOCKERNATION.

I think it stinks...but it is what it is. The American dream is still alive. Work hard, play hard and maybe you'll get lucky.

​​​​​​​Go Shocks!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• If Human Resources processing for the coaching staff is anything like hiring for faculty and staff, we may have a staff announced by Fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      If Human Resources processing for the coaching staff is anything like hiring for faculty and staff, we may have a staff announced by Fall.
                      Hey now, I'm sure it won't be that slow. Rumor has it the video coordinator will be named by mid-May.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        If Human Resources processing for the coaching staff is anything like hiring for faculty and staff, we may have a staff announced by Fall.
                        that would not help ticket sales one little bit

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Hey now, I'm sure it won't be that slow. Rumor has it the video coordinator will be named by mid-May.
                          Don’t get me started.

Comment

I'm okay with that as long as Kung Wu or whoever else that has to administer that takes a little out of the pot for their time and effort. Of course, they have the option to waive that stipend if they choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

If he wins games, I don't really give a rats patooty if he does coaches shows or tells me who he's recruiting every week.
                              We don't need that much information (every week? nobody is saying that), and I think you may have been purposefully using a tad bit of hyperbole. But here is an article from today's Eagle on KSU recruiting. It just gives a taste from Tang on recruiting. Tang didn't really say very much.

As Pin said earlier, "Wetting our fans whistles" can be a good marketing tool. However, I do agree that "winning" is the main thing.

Headline: Notable transfer targets begin to emerge for Jerome Tang and Kansas State basketball

At the end he said this.
                              The Wildcats were still adding transfers to their roster last summer. He is not afraid to take a patient approach. “I’m not in a hurry,” Tang said, “because I think that getting it done fast might not be the best way to get it done or allow you to get the best guys. There is a group of guys right now in the portal that some of them are pretty good players, but I also believe there is going to be a second run of guys in the portal. Some of them might be better fits for us. I don’t want to rush into it just to get it done.”

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...273992115.html

Comment

• (1) Jeff ******* on Twitter: "New Wichita State coach Paul Mills will bring Kenton Paulino with him from Oral Roberts, will add former Baylor player and G-League assistant Quincy Acy and Chris Hollender as assistants, source told @Stadium." / Twitter

Solid call LetsGoShockers2021
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X