No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t we have a ‘German’ here this weekend?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      I've never understoood why a team would be motivated to publicly post who they are in on. For example, FVV was getting no real P5 exposure until WSU announced his commitment. Then suddenly KU was aware of him and wanted him. Had FVV not already committed, it could have been a disaster.

Why would you tip your hand on who you are interested in or negotiating with?
      Clarification here. The team couldn't announce anything until an LOI was signed in November. FVV or someone associated with him released that information the summer prior.

Comment

• There is plenty of information available out there without it coming directly from the school or coach. I don't see it as their role to discuss who they are hiring as coaches or pursuing as players. Makes no sense to do that and I like the fact that they are seemimgly keeping it close to the vest. The coaches don't owe us anything wth respect to information like this. They are being calculated and I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          There is plenty of information available out there without it coming directly from the school or coach. I don't see it as their role to discuss who they are hiring as coaches or pursuing as players. Makes no sense to do that and I like the fact that they are seemimgly keeping it close to the vest. The coaches don't owe us anything wth respect to information like this. They are being calculated and I like it.
          Usually I agree with you on everything, but not here. No they don't owe us anything, but giving us a taste of information would be good marketing.

Comment

There is plenty of information available out there without it coming directly from the school or coach. I don't see it as their role to discuss who they are hiring as coaches or pursuing as players. Makes no sense to do that and I like the fact that they are seemimgly keeping it close to the vest. The coaches don't owe us anything wth respect to information like this. They are being calculated and I like it.
            Taylor knows what’s going on, often early. They just haven’t given him permission to put the story out. There is nothing gained by keeping all recruiting secret. Recruits are telling coaches, and don’t play it close to the vest, so both H.S. and College Coaches (recruiting competitors) know, players friends and dads know. People often just don’t know the extent of interest of the recruit. They always know the finalists, and usually have a feel for how it’s going. That’s why schools often stop recruiting an athlete. They realize they’re out of the running. But there is little advantage to not leaking out information to Taylor, and allowing him to publicize it. In fact with current rules as they are (NIL), it may be an advantage to publicizing recruiting.

Comment

• It's also possible they really don't have much to report at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                It's also possible they really don't have much to report at this point.
                Possible but doubtful. Taylor posted that WSU was in contact with grill, but it appeared he took it down within minutes. So I believe he was instructed to keep those things on the low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Possible but doubtful. Taylor posted that WSU was in contact with grill, but it appeared he took it down within minutes. So I believe he was instructed to keep those things on the low.
                  I'm sure they have been in contact with a bunch of players. You can see that from the recruiting thread. That in and of itself may or may not mean anything. The info I am waiting on are the announcement of commitments. That may take a little while as all these players work schools against each other to get the biggest NIL deal they can get and find what the player perceives as the biggest and best opportunity for their career advancement.

Comment

I'm sure they have been in contact with a bunch of players. You can see that from the recruiting thread. That in and of itself may or may not mean anything. The info I am waiting on are the announcement of commitments. That may take a little while as all these players work schools against each other to get the biggest NIL deal they can get and find what the player perceives as the biggest and best opportunity for their career advancement.
                    I'm with you, but still found it curious why he would post it and almost immediately remove it.

Comment

• It's still on TE's Twitter feed. Nothing has been taken down.

I guess I am in the camp of HCPM has a way of doing things and why not let it play out? Do we need to know all of the behind the scenes stuff? I don't really think so. Would I like to know? Sure, but I am not going to get my feathers ruffled over it.

Comment

Do we need to know all of the behind the scenes stuff? I don't really think so. Would I like to know? Sure, but I am not going to get my feathers ruffled over it.
                        But, but, I REALLY need to know if he's a Charmin Ultra Soft guy, or a Charmin Ultra Strong guy!?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

But, but, I REALLY need to know if he's a Charmin Ultra Soft guy, or a Charmin Ultra Strong guy!?
                          I do know the 'NIL' is making us all play in the slop...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shopping highest bidder takes time these days

Comment

• IIRC - we had plenty of recruiting news before the NIL however when 3G signed someone it was usually out of nowhere.

Comment

• Armchair should add an a la cart recruiting news subscription to their armchair army memberships. Maybe make a $100 a month level?

Just don’t know how to keep all the blabber fingers on here (myself included) from giving away the milk without buying the cow?

Comment

Working...
                                X