Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I noticed they also complained about him missing the coaches shows often. Which I know Marshall being late to his was a hot button here lol. I though it was interesting that part of his compensation is based on showing up to those. So it will be interesting to see how useful those are.
    If he wins games, I don't really give a rats patooty if he does coaches shows or tells me who he's recruiting every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

If he wins games, I don't really give a rats patooty if he does coaches shows or tells me who he's recruiting every week.
      Yeah, but it’s important that he pander to those of us who account for .001% of the athletic dept budget.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        Paul Mills definitely keeps information close to the vest. Our past two coaches gave Taylor information quite easily. I’ve been waiting to hear Asst. Coaching staff names, and more regarding recruit interest. Maybe most recruitment isn’t to the finalist stage yet, but Asst. Coaching names should be available by now.
        I follow football recruiting pretty heavily and usually it A. Comes from the players themselves a lot of times and B. It takes a minute for new sources to form with a new staff. Especially if the whole staff is getting replaced and they haven't even been announced yet. Head Coaches are not the ones leaking info to reporters, that's always Assistants or employees. or C. Comes from high-end donors who have 1 on 1 access with coaches, AD's etc

Comment

• Apologies for the slight change of subject, I couldn’t find the thread. Does anyone know/remember where the Shocks will be playing in next season’s early season tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            Apologies for the slight change of subject, I couldn’t find the thread. Does anyone know/remember where the Shocks will be playing in next season’s early season tournament?
            PM incoming. And no, I'm not referring to HCPM either.
            78-65

Comment

Apologies for the slight change of subject, I couldn’t find the thread. Does anyone know/remember where the Shocks will be playing in next season’s early season tournament?
              Was looking for this info earlier today but couldn't find anything yet. Looking to make travel plans early this year
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• According to SBNATION Blog today WSU is not associated with an early exempt tournament yet. Not smart enough to post it here, but did find it when I Googled for it.

Comment

According to SBNATION blog today Wichita State is not associated with any early exempt tournaments for23-24. It does list all the tournaments with their teams, then at the end all those not committed yet by conference. Sorry I'm not smart enough to copy it to here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post

According to SBNATION blog today Wichita State is not associated with any early exempt tournaments for23-24. It does list all the tournaments with their teams, then at the end all those not committed yet by conference. Sorry I'm not smart enough to copy it to here.
                    I noticed that one usually decent event is Missing from the link that You aRe TeLling us to chEck.

MayBe wE Are Competing tHere.

78-65

Comment

• I’ll take a lack of public information over Boatright and Brown any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post
                        I’ll take a lack of public information over Boatright and Brown any day.
                        I suppose that is true, still aggravating, tho

Comment

• If their goal is to sell more Season Tickets, it might be a better tactic to keep the ball rolling. A continual "drip" of information to the media every few days or each week, might help.

Comment

• I've never understoood why a team would be motivated to publicly post who they are in on. For example, FVV was getting no real P5 exposure until WSU announced his commitment. Then suddenly KU was aware of him and wanted him. Had FVV not already committed, it could have been a disaster.

Why would you tip your hand on who you are interested in or negotiating with?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              If their goal is to sell more Season Tickets, it might be a better tactic to keep the ball rolling. A continual "drip" of information to the media every few days or each week, might help.
                              It keeps the fan base engaged. There was about a week where we heard so much about Mills and the program, and then it all disappeared. I'm glad baseball and softball are giving us something to talk about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                I've never understoood why a team would be motivated to publicly post who they are in on. For example, FVV was getting no real P5 exposure until WSU announced his commitment. Then suddenly KU was aware of him and wanted him. Had FVV not already committed, it could have been a disaster.

Why would you tip your hand on who you are interested in or negotiating with?
                                I was thinking Asst. Coaches first. Then Interviews. Then player campus visits would be the next thing. The signing date is only a week away, if we have anyone that is going to sign. Visits and signings always gets out.

Comment

Working...
                                X