No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How weird that we're playing ORU in baseball tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Tulsa fan (yes, singular on purpose) thinks Mills is a douche and isn't looking forward to him now being in conference. So we've got that going for us!
      You mean like we feel about .01?

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
        Saal, on phone call to Assistant AD: We missed out on Turgeon!

Assistant AD [driving through tunnel]: Oh no!

Saal: We need someone who will talk him into it. Get me Paul Miller!

Assistant AD [driving deeper into tunnel]: On it!
        I think I'd rather have Paul Miller
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I think I'd rather have Paul Miller
          What is the source of your angst?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I am willing to see what he can do... how bout you?
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              Wichita State wins more games next year than they did this year.
              That depends on the recruiting class. Half of Mills' ORU teams have had equal or fewer wins than what we had this season. He has had exactly one season significantly better.

Right now, our roster consists of Colby Roger and Quincy Ballard with a possibility of keeping Bell, Pierre, Scott, and Abidde (and recruit Makhi Myles). Pohto or Walton would need to be recruited from the transfer portal. We need to get a lot of wins from the transfer portal or high school recruiting to have a shot of getting 18+ wins in the next season. What we have now won't do it no matter who is coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post
                Watched a couple videos, the man has fire. We need that.
                We probably watched the same videos. Some wanted GM back - well he is cut from the same mold. And u are right, the program needs some fire.

I will be interested in seeing how soon is he on Sports daily and other local sports talk to start winning the fans back.

Comment

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Update: In an interview Tulsa Station News on 6, Oral Roberts Head Men’s Basketball Coach Paul Mills confirmed he’s accepted the coaching vacancy at Wichita State University.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

We probably watched the same videos. Some wanted GM back - well he is cut from the same mold. And u are right, the program needs some fire.

I will be interested in seeing how soon is he on Sports daily and other local sports talk to start winning the fans back.
                    Just watched the handshake line video. At least Mills threatens to beat up players on the other team!
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Tulsa fan (yes, singular on purpose) thinks Mills is a douche and isn't looking forward to him now being in conference. So we've got that going for us!
                      This, alone, makes me feel better about the hire.

Comment

Originally posted by dahill2424 View Post

The article starts by outlining his use of strong language, and ends with a statement that he never curses. Honestly interested in the words he used to make both of those statement true.

Eat ship you maggot sucking beach licker!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I’m going to call this the Scott Thompson Test. I remember hearing a story about how Scott Thompson was asked if we were going to beat KU. He gave a very timid “We’re gonna try” answer. The person who shared the story immediately knew that he would fail at WSU.

When/If I ever meet Paul Mills, I’m going to point out that I’m sure he will be looking forward to the K-State game with his connection to Jerome Tang. I will say that I am sick of losing to the Cats and will ask if we’re going to finally beat them.

If he gives me an uber-confident “heck yes” kind of answer, I’ll be sold. If he gives me some passive, bland, IB type, I’m going to be pissed.
                          78-65

Comment

I hadn't realized he took ORU to a S16. Doing that from a low seed at ORU is one HELL of an accomplishment.

I've always felt that a team reflects their coaches attitudes and emotions. Same for the crowds. That alone could be a significant upgrade.

For those wondering if PM can win more games than IB did this year...It might depend on the schedule. IB's W/L record was made with the weakest home schedule I've seen in a very long time, if ever. And what was IB's W/L record going to look like next year without Walton, Pohto, Porter and Rojas? PM should have a better chance to bring Pohto and Walton back than IB would have had.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Step 1 - recruit our existing talent to stay, including bringing back Pohto and Walton
                              Step 2 - announce Abmas is coming with you
                              Step 3 - fire up fanbase

We need some good news pronto, because this hire in itself is not inspiring

Comment

Hear from ORU Head Coach Paul Mills as he addressed his team for the first time after being named the new head coach.
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X