Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    I would love Jans. Totally get why he seems to be the no. 1 pick of most on here. It just doesn’t seem likely to me at all. Would like to be wrong.
    1- Mississippi State does not have the same kind of funding that some of the other sec schools have, which hurts their ability to get to the NCAA tournament.

2 escalate #1 issue above after next year, due to Texas and Oklahoma entering the sec.

3. Much easier path to NCAA in the aac, especially with Houston leaving.

4 - he knows the fan base, the big donors, the school and the area in general to sell to recruits.

5- 9 seniors on his roster this year.

And, not sure if true, but someone said his wife was happy in Wichita.

All of these things make the chances and timing right for jans.

Comment

• I haven’t seen everything posted in here but I have a friend who works for one of the big gambling companies say that Jans isn’t completely dead yet. Said when WSU reached out to Jans the quote was “money isn’t an issue”

Comment

• Coach where you are loved, Jans. Coach where you are loved.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I tried finding a Miss. St basketball message board to see what the chatter was over there. I found nothing.

I found LOTS of FB talk and lots of baseball talk, but not a single whisper about basketball.

Jans location on the totem pole would be a lot better at WSU. Couple that with what I imagine is some culture shock on living in Starkville, Miss and I think there's a chance Saal can get him.

Attendance at WSU games this year was better than attendance at Miss St games.
          Last edited by Aargh; March 12, 2023, 08:32 PM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

1- Mississippi State does not have the same kind of funding that some of the other sec schools have, which hurts their ability to get to the NCAA tournament.

2 escalate #1 issue above after next year, due to Texas and Oklahoma entering the sec.

3. Much easier path to NCAA in the aac, especially with Houston leaving.

4 - he knows the fan base, the big donors, the school and the area in general to sell to recruits.

5- 9 seniors on his roster this year.

And, not sure if true, but someone said his wife was happy in Wichita.

All of these things make the chances and timing right for jans.
            The Real #1:

Mrs. Jans likes Wichita ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

If I'm not mistaken, Jans wife wants to be in Wichita.
              To be perfectly fair, Sheri gets along with pretty much everybody, so she's popular and happy just about anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

no. no experiments.

it has to be somebody with prior d-1 head coaching experience.. prior successful d-1 head coaching experience, please.

it will never happen with him, but somebody like devries at drake. that guy can flat-out-coach. somebody like him.
                I like DeVries, as well, especially if his son doesn't go pro and comes with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

The Real #1:

Mrs. Jans likes Wichita ;)
                  Also to be fair, this is very true.

Someone needs to examine the buyout clause in his contract. My understanding is that large doesn't do it justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

To be perfectly fair, Sheri gets along with pretty much everybody, so she's popular and happy just about anywhere.
                    Where is she from?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Where is she from?
                      I think Iowa

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Also to be fair, this is very true.

Someone needs to examine the buyout clause in his contract. My understanding is that large doesn't do it justice.
                        Sir.. I've been told size doesn't matter

Comment

• Can't find (all of) Jans' contract anywhere online. I did see reference that it's only a 4-year contract, as that's that the maximum allowed by Mississippi law.

I did see reference that he's probably making around $3mm this year, considering he's made the NCAA Tournament.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

If Moore transfered somewhere again, I think he would have to sit out a year. Didn't he begin at N.C. State?

It seems our fans and some of the boosters like and want Jan's. When I met Jans years ago, he impressed me and can really coach and recruit.
                            Don't you get a free transfer if your coach leaves?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Don't you get a free transfer if your coach leaves?
                              It's not guaranteed... The kid transferring from Manhattan to West Virginia got denied this year.

Comment

• I'm not getting the desire for Jans to bring Moore if Jans comes. Moore was the second-leading scorer on the team, but he had 41% FG and 26% 3FG averages. 2.2 assists, 1.9 TO's.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X