Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan's Mississippi State team is in the first four. So could be done as early as Wednesday

Comment

• I was trying to think if the last national search Wichita State undertook and how that came out. It then dawned on me that was the search for a new AD and so far that seems to have produced a very good result. . It will be interesting to see if ADKS already has his target or targets lined up or whether he will incorporate the process that was used in his hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I was trying to think if the last national search Wichita State undertook and how that came out. It then dawned on me that was the search for a new AD and so far that seems to have produced a very good result. . It will be interesting to see if ADKS already has his target or targets lined up or whether he will incorporate the process that was used in his hiring.
        You gotta think with making the move this year and moving the day after the season he already has something with donor support lined up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You gotta think with making the move this year and moving the day after the season he already has something with donor support lined up.
          Could be. So far he seems to have done a good job of holding his cards close to his chest.

Comment

• So is this Saal's decision alone? Haven't heard anything about committee search.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              So is this Saal's decision alone? Haven't heard anything about committee search.
              I could see this being primarily his call, but obviously he probably would need President Muma to sign off and the moneymen (whoever that may) be to give their blessing. As @Stickboy suggested it is possible he already has something lined up. Just hard to say anything with any certainty. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Comment

• I'll throw my name in the hat to hire Coach Jan's. No matter who it is, the recruiting will be of essence with catching up to the exodus the Shockers have been facing. Maybe former 4 and 5 star players from the portal will be part of our future as our rebuilding develops over time. We have some existing players that I hope we can keep as our foundation to build upon. Exciting times for Shocker basketball.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I won't be excited for literally anyone that we've seen in the building before. To me, going that route would scream low effort and low confidence. That includes Jans.

It would take a pretty immediate turnaround and 2-3 years of getting to the postseason to convince me that we truly evaluated all options and took the best if we ended up picking the most familiar name out of all options. I get that a familiar coach more likely to fix the butts in seats problem and get donor buy-in, but that isn't a basketball argument to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Shaka Smart would have been great, if they did a national search after the interim season...
                    No....

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                      I won't be excited for literally anyone that we've seen in the building before. To me, going that route would scream low effort and low confidence. That includes Jans.

It would take a pretty immediate turnaround and 2-3 years of getting to the postseason to convince me that we truly evaluated all options and took the best if we ended up picking the most familiar name out of all options. I get that a familiar coach more likely to fix the butts in seats problem and get donor buy-in, but that isn't a basketball argument to me.
                      Uuhh.....wasn't CJ here during the undefeated season and the FF ? Didn't he do extremely well in Las Cruces?

Didn't 3G bring him back as a consultant immediately after he was fired @ Bowling Green ?

Didn't he discover Ron Baker ?

Frankly I hope we do bring in someone who knows the potential of WSU and has been there..done that

Comment

• Interesting tidbit; Mississippi State has 9 seniors on it's current roster..hmmm....

Comment

I won't be excited for literally anyone that we've seen in the building before. To me, going that route would scream low effort and low confidence. That includes Jans.

troll somewhere else.

Comment

Well, Jans has proven to be a Coach like you described.....
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Jan's Mississippi State team is in the first four. So could be done as early as Wednesday
                              Jans team plays Tuesday. I really hate to cheer against him.... But....

Comment

• I’d imagine it’s probably a case of Saal having some candidates in mind, while making sure he covers his bases so as not to overlook anyone that might be unexpectedly interested/intriguing. I don’t think you can just shortlist your potential candidates and then bury your head in the sand assuming one of them works out without having done a broader range of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X