Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it is possible that big donors said, "go get Jans and we will back you 100%" to Saal.

Saal tested the waters with someone in the Jans camp. Jans said, "when the season is over I am yours".

That allowed Saal to move quickly with Brown as he has no worry about finding the money at that point.

Crazier things could happen. A good AD will have everything figured out pretty well at this point. Saal seems like a good AD and smart guy.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Who do I need to call about, “If looking for money for Jans, call me.” I’m good for some scratch.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Having been around smart big money, there’s no way Saal got the backing without having a short list of candidates that have been vetted by the boosters backing already.
        This is my belief as well. Even if he didn't find big bucks, I'm sure he had talks with several and narrowed down general contract items before firing IB.
        I always check the cost and availability of replacing anything of value before pulling the trigger. I believe most folks do.

Comment

• Time for a Jans to Wichita billboard? LMAO
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Unfortunately it appears Mississippi St will get a bid. So we may not know if any of that is true for a while

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Time for a Jans to Wichita billboard? LMAO
              Onegreatracer
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                Unfortunately it appears Mississippi St will get a bid. So we may not know if any of that is true for a while
                Jans could play this like GM did with Alabama and WSU. Jans may not be in the picture at all. But I hope our new coach is announced 2 days after Mississippi State loses in whichever tournament they end up in.

Comment

• The deep south isn't everyone's cup of tea

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Well yeah, there's that too. Lol

Could he be hired as an undocumented coach? That "legal" word can be triggering.
                    I'm not advocating to rehire Marshall at all, but on this point, a settlement agreement is just a contract. The parties can get together and write a new contract that gets rid of terms in the old one.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      The deep south isn't everyone's cup of tea
                      Yep. Really depends on what is important to theJans family. Wonder about what it costs to exit his contract

Comment

• Lived in the south 35+ years and would back to the Midwest in a nanosecond, if my kids would move. North Georgia mountains are nice, beaches good, people 'ok'.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          The deep south isn't everyone's cup of tea
                          I like to watch TrueSouth on the SEC Network, interesting perspective on life in the South, plus some good places to eat.

Very different lifestyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Yep. Really depends on what is important to theJans family. Wonder about what it costs to exit his contract
                            I tried to find the contract but couldn't find the details. Paging Ted Lasso's Neighbor ... Need investigation work on Jans contract lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

If I'm not mistaken, Jans wife wants to be in Wichita.

Comment

• Shaka Smart would have been great, if they did a national search after the interim season...
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X