Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Oral Roberts:

Overall Ken Pom rankings:

22-23: 72nd
    21-22: 165th
    20-21: 125th
    19-20: 135th
    18-19: 290th

Overall KenPom Adjusted Offense:
    22-23: 29th
    21-22: 60th
    20-21: 66th
    19-20: 70th
    18-19: 189th

Overall KenPom Adjusted Defense:
    22-23: 116th
    21-22: 290th
    20-21: 219th
    19-20: 231st
    18-19: 336th
    If we were gonna go with Creighton type defensive numbers, we should’ve just went with Devries.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’m just glad it’s over. The headaches from staring at
      my phone screen non stop were getting really annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

No impressive 9 point losses to the 247th Alcorn State or 10 point loss to 177th East Carolina?
        Touchè. I took too small of a snapshot. It was unfair. I have since said I had my moment and am now 100% on board and ready to go.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If we were gonna go with Creighton type defensive numbers, we should’ve just went with Devries.
          I think I just found the best argument for Mills over Devries: nonconference strength of schedule ranking (per KenPom):
          ORU Drake
          2023 15 229
          2022 82 284
          2021 4 309
          2020 6 324
          2019 56 140
          I know that adjusted defense accounts for SOS, but sometimes facing much more athletic teams results in being overwhelmed more than the adjustment can account for. Mills was willing to risk that by putting together challenging schedules. Devries played a lot of patsies to rack up those 20 win seasons.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Max Abmas DOES technically have a year of eligibility left because of COVID, right? I would kill to have that dude in our program.

That said, long-term, I don't agree with it. It could be the case that he is the frontrunner and I have no idea. But Mills wouldn't be my first choice, even though he seems like a really solid dude.

Paul Mills on All Ball with Doug Gottlieb

Cool story about Mills' origin and I would invite you to listen, even if he's not a candidate.

Again, I know people here hate Gottlieb, but he knows his basketball, and does a great job interviewing coaches and former players. I would ask SN to open their minds to him, as I think he is fantastic when it comes to this stuff.

Insert Deal with it meme

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Mills won 30 games this year. In the 5 previous years at ORU he never won 20 games. I sure hope it’s not Mills. He might be a good coach, but how much of that is his one good player and how much is him finally putting his imprint on the program. I don’t wanna wait 5 years to see if he’s worth a damn.
              Deal with it bruh

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

I think I just found the best argument for Mills over Devries: nonconference strength of schedule ranking (per KenPom):
                ORU Drake
                2023 15 229
                2022 82 284
                2021 4 309
                2020 6 324
                2019 56 140
                I know that adjusted defense accounts for SOS, but sometimes facing much more athletic teams results in being overwhelmed more than the adjustment can account for. Mills was willing to risk that by putting together challenging schedules. Devries played a lot of patsies to rack up those 20 win seasons.
                Great points.

Hope he carries over the “not afraid to play anybody” mindset to Wichita.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Hard to believe we couldn't at least land Sampson. He's worth a shot more than Mills. Seriously considering dropping tickets and SASO if this is the hire. I'll probably talk myself out of it but we aren't going to gain season ticket sales from this.
                  I'll take your tickets off your hands bro

Comment

• I'm warming up to him but have to see what the roster looks like in a month. Hoping for the best and an exciting 2023-24 season with some new opponents. Hope he has an ace or two up his sleeve.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post

Deal with it bruh
                      Words of wisdom, thanks

Comment

ORU Drake
                        2023 15 229
                        2022 82 284
                        2021 4 309
                        2020 6 324
                        2019 56 140
                        Not to take anything away from the happy vibes but most would agree the Valley is better than the Summit. And Drake did beat Chris Jan's bulldogs this year.

All water under the bridge, but just wanted to put it out there...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Just settle down dingleberry. It's gonna' be alright...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Not to take anything away from the happy vibes but most would agree the Valley is better than the Summit. And Drake did beat Chris Jan's bulldogs this year.

All water under the bridge, but just wanted to put it out there...
                            From the reports out there, the negotiations with DeVries did not work out. Just like a bunch of WSU fans weren't thrilled by a Creighton guy coaching here, maybe a Creighton guy wasn''t excited about coaching here and made some demands that could not be met. If DeVries thinks he' a candidate at ND, he can make some salary or contract demands that would eliminate him for consideration for any other job.

Or maybe DeVries just said, "call me after the ND job is filled if I'm not the guy", and KS said, "then you're not the guy".
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

From the reports out there, the negotiations with DeVries did not work out. Just like a bunch of WSU fans weren't thrilled by a Creighton guy coaching here, maybe a Creighton guy wasn''t excited about coaching here and made some demands that could not be met. If DeVries thinks he' a candidate at ND, he can make some salary or contract demands that would eliminate him for consideration for any other job.

Or maybe DeVries just said, "call me after the ND job is filled if I'm not the guy", and KS said, "then you're not the guy".
                              Point taken. I was just sharing with the group that Drake could match with up superior athletes and win, citing their victory over Jans' Bulldogs as proof. Nothing more or less beyond that.

I was no more privy to negotiations than you or anyone else on this board, and at this point, it really doesn't matter. At least not to me.

Comment

ORU Drake
                                2023 15 229
                                2022 82 284
                                2021 4 309
                                2020 6 324
                                2019 56 140
                                The Shox taking some buy games next year instead of paying SWAC teams $80K to come here might be a necessity. Remove 4 worthless for fans home games that cost $80K each and replace them with 4 road games against teams we'd like to watch on the tube and collect $80K for those games is a $640K turnaround in finances. That might be enough to make a significant contribution to PM's salary.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X