Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve thought long and hard about this (last 10 minutes). I think that for me, the two options I like are Jan’s and Griffin. Jans is the safer more reliable option, but Griffin is the more exciting one. I’m kinda leaning Griffin (crazy I know) but I’d love to see what he could really do. Would be sick to get some actual 5 stars here

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
      I’ve thought long and hard about this (last 10 minutes). I think that for me, the two options I like are Jan’s and Griffin. Jans is the safer more reliable option, but Griffin is the more exciting one. I’m kinda leaning Griffin (crazy I know) but I’d love to see what he could really do. Would be sick to get some actual 5 stars here
      Do really think Griffin can bring 4 and 5 star players here because he is an NBA assistant coach? I am not not seeing the logic? When has he recruited at the high school or collegiate level?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Jans team plays Tuesday. I really hate to cheer against him.... But....
        Right there with you on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Do really think Griffin can bring 4 and 5 star players here because he is an NBA assistant coach? I am not not seeing the logic? When has he recruited at the high school or collegiate level?
          Maybe not, but I’d guess the NBA background and connections would garner some interest from those kinda guys. But you’re right - there’s a lot more that goes into recruiting aside from that.

Comment

Jans team plays Tuesday. I really hate to cheer against him.... But....
            Going to watch this game for sure. Jamarius is playing for Pitt of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

I think with a combination of his connections, what our NIL program could do with that, and if he brings on some smart assistant coaches, he could certainly bring highly rated players. Maybe not 5 star, but certainly 4 stars.

Also - he’s not just some assistant coach. He’s the assistant head coach for the raptors, and is widely regarded for how good he is.

I guarantee you he could bring someone board who could help.

Not saying he for sure could. But I think he stands the best chance out of anyone in the list

Comment

• Where can I send my money for Jans?

Comment

• Get Jan's and have him bring Shakeel Moore with him

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                    I’d imagine it’s probably a case of Saal having some candidates in mind, while making sure he covers his bases so as not to overlook anyone that might be unexpectedly interested/intriguing. I don’t think you can just shortlist your potential candidates and then bury your head in the sand assuming one of them works out without having done a broader range of work.
                    You also can't drag your feet if the right candidate and the money for that candidate is ready to go.

Comment

You also can't drag your feet if the right candidate and the money for that candidate is ready to go.
                      Yep. Once you have your guy you gotta get it done quickly and efficiently.

Comment

• One thing Coach Jans has going for him is that he is a known quantity to the big money donors and i suspect many have a personal relationship with him to one degree or another during his 9 years at the side of Gregg Marshall.

I would also guess the one of the first guys many of the big money folks would contact for an opinion on a proposed replaced would be none other than Gregg Marshall. And you know he thinks very highly of Chris Jans.

Comment

• I would love Jans. Totally get why he seems to be the no. 1 pick of most on here. It just doesn’t seem likely to me at all. Would like to be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                            I would love Jans. Totally get why he seems to be the no. 1 pick of most on here. It just doesn’t seem likely to me at all. Would like to be wrong.
                            Our donors shocked me when they pulled out the bag for 3G to fight off Alabama .... I'm hoping to be shocked again.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                              Get Jan's and have him bring Shakeel Moore with him
                              If Moore transfered somewhere again, I think he would have to sit out a year. Didn't he begin at N.C. State?

It seems our fans and some of the boosters like and want Jan's. When I met Jans years ago, he impressed me and can really coach and recruit.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                                I’ve thought long and hard about this (last 10 minutes). I think that for me, the two options I like are Jan’s and Griffin. Jans is the safer more reliable option, but Griffin is the more exciting one. I’m kinda leaning Griffin (crazy I know) but I’d love to see what he could really do. Would be sick to get some actual 5 stars here
                                no. no experiments.

it has to be somebody with prior d-1 head coaching experience.. prior successful d-1 head coaching experience, please.

it will never happen with him, but somebody like devries at drake. that guy can flat-out-coach. somebody like him.

Comment

Working...
                                X