Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
    The part that sells me on Turgeon right now is if you look over his last 20 years, odds are you are going to win around 22-25 games. If he can come in and do that for 3-5 years, we would be in a much better position to hire another great coach.
    This 100%. Give him a gig that retires him.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Radar is pinging. The colored posts are throwing me a little off though.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
          This will be an unpopular opinion, but the coaching did not lose this game. We played well out of timeouts until the team would start playing sloppy again. We had the lead down the stretch in regulation and whistles and free throws brought Tulane back in it. Whether you agree with those whistles, that's on you. But it wasn't the coaching.
          So the coaches didn't tell the guys to go into our great offensive weave at the top keeping the lane open for penetration that never happens, then throw up a crappy 3 pointer?
          That started as soon as we hit the floor for the second half.
          Not coaches fault for not resetting the offense after seeing how ineffective it was working out?
          Not coaches fault for preparing the guys to break a press?

I guess, I just plain ole disagree with you. This should have never gotten to a point where officials influenced the outcome. And by the way I only saw 2 calls that we're questionable, and I'm including the one that was called when we hit the foot of the shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxlvr View Post

Sorry, but I don’t believe 3G cared who had been at WSU previously!
            Maybe not who was coaching, but definitely the support that WSU had in the way of fans. And that was created by MT's success.

Support was abysmal prior to MT. Cohen and Smithson years were tough. Thompson years weren't much better. And I believe the downfall began with Folgers recruiting. He hated the tough guy image, got rid of black uniforms and basically called for a kinder, gentler image.
            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; January 26, 2023, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Radar is pinging. The colored posts are throwing me a little off though.
              Sic em’

Comment

• Turgeon 479-265, 10 NCAAs.

Comment

• Turgeon would be a good hire, maybe the best we can do right now. He proved when he was here that he could take us to a Sweet 16 and a #8 national ranking. What I like is that he probably wouldn't see the job as a stepping stone to a better job, because he's already been there and done that. But I don't want a coach that is just coasting and taking it easy. If he still has some fire in him, like wanting to prove that he can make it past the Sweet 16, something that he's still never done as a coach, then it could be a good hire.

I became a Shocker fan during Turgeon's reign and really loved how he had the program buzzing, especially from 2005 to 2007.

Comment

• If Turgeon still has the fire and wants to come back to Wichita? Some big "if's" but guessing that he is considering it or will be in the near future.

Comment

• Example of Saal going back to the same well…

https://goracers.com/news/2022/3/25/...o-new-era.aspx
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Turgeon 479-265, 10 NCAAs.
                        List of better coaches than Turg in The American next season:

That is all.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

List of better coaches than Turg in The American next season:

That is all.
                          Did you just steal someone's tag line?

Comment

• When Turgeon left, I felt like it was time for him to go, with the attitude he had about our potential. I was upset with how depleted he left the program when he left. The prevailing opinion when he left was that Tad Boyle was the brains behind the success of the program.

With that said, I believe he realized long ago that he was wrong about what can be accomplished here. If he has a burning desire to go places, he has never been, I would be fine with him at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                              When Turgeon left, I felt like it was time for him to go, with the attitude he had about our potential. I was upset with how depleted he left the program when he left. The prevailing opinion when he left was that Tad Boyle was the brains behind the success of the program.

With that said, I believe he realized long ago that he was wrong about what can be accomplished here. If he has a burning desire to go places, he has never been, I would be fine with him at this point.
                              I viewed Boyle more as the glue that holds things together and also a capable coach. Similar to Marshall and Jans (not saying same types of personalities). I do not think that Spinelli was a good influence on the Coaching/Players former structure.

Comment

• No Mark Turgeon. Could we please move forward? PLEASE! There are some good young coaches out there. We don't have to go back to the past.

For those of you who forgot, Marshall said that Turgeon didn't leave him any talent. When Marshall went to his first practice he asked a player if he was a walk-on. The player told him that he was on a scholarship.

Marshall was not impressed. How long did it take Marshall to get us back to success after Turgeon left?

I was not impressed with how Turgeon left WSU either.

Comment

Working...
                                X